Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going to be on ESPN for the next 4 weeks?
I have other interests besides sports, but I am big fan of basketball and baseball in addition to the Bengals. I don't watch "sports television" exclusively but I do watch it on a regular basis. It is a major part of my entertainment.

So what the hell are they going to be talking about for the next month?

And please don't turn this into political debate because you don't like ESPN. Just substitute "FOXsports" for "ESPN" in the title of this thread.
Reply/Quote
Might be able to find rerun of puppy bowl or turtle racing on animal planet? Other than that, going to be tough to find live sports. Maybe golf?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They might end up showing old games they are licensed to broadcast just to maintain some viewership. Kind like what the NFL Network already does.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Classics.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: They might end up showing old games they are licensed to broadcast just to maintain some viewership.  Kind like what the NFL Network already does.

Yep, I'd say before long they'll be forced to break out the old stuff.
Reply/Quote
I am predicting live video game competitions.

You might laugh, but those are becoming very popular, and I would rather watch a Madden game between two experts than some old rerun that I know how it ends.
Reply/Quote
Get ready for a reboot of ESPN Classic..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reruns
Reply/Quote
I will make this prediction. I'm betting that more yard work, household chores, and home improvement projects happen in the coming month than would typically be expected for this time of year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am predicting live video game competitions.

You might laugh, but those are becoming very popular, and I would rather watch a Madden game between two experts than some old rerun that I know how it ends.

That already happens via E-sports. It is actually rather large in the gaming community. Some games already have million dollar prize pools. As for NFL Madden E-sports being broadcast I guess it would depend on who the NFL and EA gave the rights to.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 07:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That already happens via E-sports. 

Well DAMN!

https://esportsinsider.com/2020/03/esports-events-affected-by-coronavirus/

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I will make this prediction.  I'm betting that more yard work, household chores, and home improvement projects happen in the coming month than would typically be expected for this time of year.

Live competitive weed pulling events! Who can scrape peeling paint the fastest? Boy, just think of all the undiscovered exciting events we have to look forward too this year! I know..the pro driveway sealing circuit! Who wouldn't want to tune in to watch guys seal their driveways on national TV! ThumbsUp I know..the pro car washing championships..heck, maybe pro dish washing with the probowl of pots and pans scrubbing! The possibilities are endless! Shocked We might even get competitive wife beating events when it's all said and done.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 11:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: Live competitive weed pulling events! Who can scrape peeling paint the fastest? Boy, just think of all the undiscovered exciting events we have to look forward too this year! I know..the pro driveway sealing circuit! Who wouldn't want to tune in to watch guys seal their driveways on national TV! ThumbsUp I know..the pro car washing championships..heck, maybe pro dish washing with the probowl of pots and pans scrubbing! The possibilities are endless! Shocked We might even get competitive wife beating events when it's all said and done.. Nervous

On the other hand, it could be like a track meet with everyone racing to get their opinions out there, jumping to conclusions, and throwing logic out the window.   Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Live feeds of grocery stores and warehouse clubs so the viewer can watch the boxing matches (winners get the TP).

That, and old reruns of Stump the Scwab...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I will make this prediction.  I'm betting that more yard work, household chores, and home improvement projects happen in the coming month than would typically be expected for this time of year.

Great, now Lowes and Home Depot are going to have empty shelves too...
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:15 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Great, now Lowes and Home Depot are going to have empty shelves too...

Oh, but the perfectly manicured, equidistant lines of the beautiful fescue lawns..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, but the perfectly manicured, equidistant lines of the beautiful fescue lawns..

I always thought there more warm season varietal lawns down your way...
Reply/Quote
Underwater Basket Weaving Qualifiers
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, but the perfectly manicured, equidistant lines of the beautiful fescue lawns..

I suppose we could roll around the neighborhood, in our giant bubble and look at these perfectly manicured lawns.... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:57 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I always thought there more warm season varietal lawns down your way...

Centipede grass is quite popular down here, as it is cheap and grows well in the sandy soils of the Eastern part of the state.  Bermuda is more popular on the hard clay areas, but requires a lot of regular watering, down here.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote