Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is really up with Huma Abedin?

Quote:Then why the **** is your argument based upon Huma Abedin who is already in the country and is a god damn US citizen and a former Chief of Staff to the Secretary of State?

It's not based upon Huma Abedin.

Quote:Is there anything a Muslim American can do to prove to you they aren't a Islamic terrorist infiltrator?

Can they "prove" it? I wouldn't necessarily say yes, but they could sway opinion.

Quote:Too tolerant?  You're worried Huma Abedin is secretly working to overthrow our government for Christ sakes.

I never claimed that. Also tolerance has nothing to do with worrying about someone.
(11-07-2016, 02:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why (and how) do you think they have become more intelligent and organized?

How would they not be? We naturally evolve to deal with the struggles in life. You can't honestly sit here and tell me that terrorists aren't using smarter tactics, learning ways to avoid being tracked by the US, making greater use of propaganda and taking advantage of the advancement of technology and using it to their growth and success. The more people fight, the more they adapt and learn how to fight better.
Here is the deal Matt. We are all concerned about acts of terrorism by radical Muslims. We just disagree on what to do about it.

You think that we should restrict the rights and liberties of every Muslim person in the United States, and I ( and others) think this is too extreme. The big problem with this is that there are lots of other groups that the government could see as a threat like "sovereign citizens", the Bundy crowd, and radical white supremacists. So pretty soon you have the government treating millions of innocent citizens like "prisoners on parole". And that violates everything that our country stands for.

So you don't have to convince us all that there is a threat from radical islam. But the threat is not big enough to overturn the principles of freedom that we cherish in the United States. I don't see any way possible that Islam culd bring down the UNited States "from inside". PLEASE EXPLAIN EXACTLY HOW YOU THINK THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN. You keep saying that you fear this but you have not explained hwo you see them actually doing it. How are radical muslims going to overthrow the United States?
(11-07-2016, 02:32 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I said my first statement was not in relation to that data. The second one was.

You still haven't provided any data to support your first claim.  Your second statement isn't supported by the poll you provided.  Statistics are based upon numbers and mathematical equations.  You should be able to quote the article or show me how you obtain the "60-90%" statistic you stated.  Because right now the statistic you quoted looks like nothing more than a subjective guess by glancing at the chart and pulling numbers out of the air.

Quote:Clearly you miss the point of my argument concerning support for sharia law and muslims coming from those countries to the US.

I get it.  In countries that accept sharia acceptance of sharia is high.  I just don't think it is earth shattering insight.

Quote:Guess I didn't.

Percentages can be misleading.  Look at my example.  If you average the percentages of the two countries it would indicate 55% of Muslims support sharia law in those two countries (or 605 out of 1100 individuals.)  However, if you average the absolute numbers of individuals in each country who support sharia law in those two countries it would indicate only 10% of Muslims support sharia law in those two countries (109 out of 1100 individuals.)  Ten percent is the true level of support while 55% is misleading.

So you just can't look at a list of averages which range between 8-99% for 39 countries and say 60-90% of Muslims in other countries are in favor of sharia law because it is false because you don't have any idea what the absolute numbers are.

Quote:No not really. A long drawn out process that'll take years and persistence.

It would take longer and more effort for Islamic terrorists to infiltrate and overthrow the US government than it took the Old World countries to take the New World away from the native inhabitants.

Quote:The problem is that you think my argument is all about Huma Abedin. Again, the article was meant to read and discuss, not to be a conversation about how Huma Abedin is going to be the commander and chief of bringing in jihadists. This isn't just about Human Abedin, the argument is much bigger than that. Also I never said she is a covert jihadist infiltrator. My comment at the end of my original post about my fears of being invaded by extremists was not just about Huma Abedin's suspected terror ties. I wanted to see what everyone thought about the possibility of it given what the article had presented.

Correct, your current argument has nothing to do with what you used to start this thread.  Again, I never wrote you said Huma Abedin was a jihadist infiltrator, just that you suggested it.  I think the possibility of what you are suggesting to be remote at best and the articles are typical conservative fear mongering.  WND has admittedly published false and misleading information so I don't think they are a credible news source.  It's kinda like charities calling my house and asking for donations, I don't know if they are a legitimate charity or a telemarketing scam and I'm not going to waste my time researching their background.  I'll stick with the charities I know are legitimate.

Quote:They'd say America is spreading their imperialism. You know what I'd say? They're justified in believing that.

I would agree.

Quote:No. Why would I need to?

Because then you would understand how some/many Muslims in the Middle East feel toward "Christian" America.

It's called blowback.

It's what happens when America invades Iraq on false pretenses of actively pursuing WMDs programs and ties to al Qaeda.  It's why someone like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi formed a tiny little terrorist organization, Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, in Jordan and later in Iraq in anticipation of the invasion.  After the 2003 US invasion of Iraq, the out of work Iraqi military and Baathist party members formed an insurgency which joined forces with al-Zarqawi known as al Qaeda in Iraq.  There was no al Qaeda in country when we invaded.  We helped foment it.  Al-Zarqawi and al Qaeda in Iraq pledged loyalty to Osama bin Laden.  Fast forward to today, after joining forces with other groups since al-Zarqawi's death you now know this group as ISIS.

Blowback's a *****.
(11-07-2016, 02:37 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote:  
It's not based upon Huma Abedin.

I know.  At this point, I don't know why you bothered to mention her.

Quote:Can they "prove" it? I wouldn't necessarily say yes, but they could sway opinion.

If being the Chief of Staff for the US Secretary of State doesn't assuage your paranoia, what would?

Quote:I never claimed that. Also tolerance has nothing to do with worrying about someone.

Suggesting we treat them like prisoners does deal with tolerance.  In a nut shell, you're suggesting discrimination based upon religion.  Your suggestion would only exacerbate the problem you are worried about.  If you and your family were treated like prisoners in "the land of the free and the home of the brave" for no reason other than your religion, how would you feel?  What would you do?
(11-07-2016, 03:01 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: How would they not be? We naturally evolve to deal with the struggles in life. You can't honestly sit here and tell me that terrorists aren't using smarter tactics, learning ways to avoid being tracked by the US, making greater use of propaganda and taking advantage of the advancement of technology and using it to their growth and success. The more people fight, the more they adapt and learn how to fight better.

Exactly.

That's why the terrorist organization you never heard of which was founded by al Zarqawi is now know as ISIS.  We have provided them with over a decade's worth of real world experience (not to mention more animosity) via a completely unnecessary invasion of Iraq.

We're not an innocent bystander in all of this.  We're part of the problem.  Strategically, I don't see where we have made any progress since 2001.  Matter of fact, the situation in and around Iraq is worse.