Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is status of the asst coaches?
Wipe the slate clean except for Pollack and Vanpelt
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:50 PM)pally Wrote: Obviously, they are interviewing in-house candidates but what is that status of the rest of the coaching staff?  Do they have jobs or are they in job limbo until a new head coach is hired?  Who, if any, would you retain?

not sure their contracts but when the team is looking for a new head coach they are pretty much in limbo until the new HC is in place and details his plans and who he wants his staff to be.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:34 AM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: I would add Burney to that list. Our young dline has made strides this season. 

I like Burney and indeed, wish for him to stay.

However, he's a Marv guy and I'm not sure how he'd react to a new head man, especially with the years and experience on his resume.

Its why I didn't include Hayes either; I have 0 clue how he'd work out, as he's a Marv guy and his brother flamed out IMMEDIATELY in Tampa.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I like Burney and indeed, wish for him to stay.

However, he's a Marv guy and I'm not sure how he'd react to a new head man, especially with the years and experience on his resume.

Its why I didn't include Hayes either; I have 0 clue how he'd work out, as he's a Marv guy and his brother flamed out IMMEDIATELY in Tampa.

IMO, I would be glad to have another Hayes brother shown the door. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No link for this one, it was Colin Cowherd during his show.

A source has told Colin that “Mike Brown wants to hire Hue, but is nervous about media pushback.”

I don’t particuarly like Colin, but he has had decent sources in the past. Take it with a grain of salt, but it may not be so outlandish to see Hue hired.

"nervous about media push back"????  What about fan push back!!! That stadium would be even emptier than this year
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: IMO, I would be glad to have another Hayes brother shown the door. 

On the fence with him too; he's definitely developed the TEs we've drafted in the time he's been here; Coffman was the only guy who didn't really work out.
Reply/Quote
based on our IR numbers this year I think we need another strength and conditioning coach too.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: On the fence with him too; he's definitely developed the TEs we've drafted in the time he's been here; Coffman was the only guy who didn't really work out.

What about Dan Coates and Orson Charles Truck?

I would move on from Hayes and all the coaches besides Pollack and Van Pelt.

If the new Coach wants to keep someone like Simmons i wouldn't be surprised.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What about Dan Coates and Orson Charles Truck?

I would move on from Hayes and all the coaches besides Pollack and Van Pelt.

If the new Coach wants to keep someone like Simmons i wouldn't be surprised.

Charles got derailed due to injury and switching positions (no clue why we'd do that), but he's still in the league and contributing on Teams and here and there on offense; he's a, "whatever," type of guy.

Coats was always a blocking TE and nothing more; the fact that we actually got him to catch a few balls here and there, is remarkable lol.

Plus, I felt he was a Bratkowski, "square peg, round hole," guy, whom he was notorious for adding to the team (we already had a blocker in Kelly, so why get ANOTHER one?).

Hayes made a good blocker in Kelly into a 6th Olineman and was able to develop Schoebel somewhat, not to mention the guys we've drafted since Coffman (again, turning Gresh into a better blocker, while retaining his receiving skills).

And if people talk about us misuing Gresh, then Arizona is the worst ever at using TEs.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:04 AM)pally Wrote: Cowherd has zero credibility!               *snipped*

Fixed it for you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Charles got derailed due to injury and switching positions (no clue why we'd do that), but he's still in the league and contributing on Teams and here and there on offense; he's a, "whatever," type of guy.

Coats was always a blocking TE and nothing more; the fact that we actually got him to catch a few balls here and there, is remarkable lol.

Plus, I felt he was a Bratkowski, "square peg, round hole," guy, whom he was notorious for adding to the team (we already had a blocker in Kelly, so why get ANOTHER one?).

Hayes made a good blocker in Kelly into a 6th Olineman and was able to develop Schoebel somewhat, not to mention the guys we've drafted since Coffman (again, turning Gresh into a better blocker, while retaining his receiving skills).

And if people talk about us misuing Gresh, then Arizona is the worst ever at using TEs.

I don't think Hayes is a terrible TE coach i just think it is time to move on, dude has been here awhile. Need to freshen this place up in order to change this culture.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think Hayes is a terrible TE coach i just think it is time to move on, dude has been here awhile. Need to freshen this place up in order to change this culture.

I agree. Kind of guilt by association. 
Reply/Quote