Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Brown Family.....
Saying right now about Joe Burrow’s injury. We heard ZT, but I want to hear it from these frugal ass bastards on why this organization lacks the desire to have a respected organization. Do they not care. Why is this team always the laughingstock of the NFL and the Brown family does nothing to improve how this organization operates. This is a cesspool of incompetence and I don’t blame Carlos Dunlap, Carson Palmer, Corey Dillon or Carl Pickens on finding the fastest way out of this cluster of an organization. This city deserves better than what the Brown family is willing to give. The Brown family are multimillionaires due the manipulated fans. F these bastards for not investing and ruining the future only to save a penny. F the Brown family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:20 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Saying right now about Joe Burrow’s injury.  We heard ZT, but I want to hear it from these frugal ass bastards on why this organization lacks the desire to have a respected organization.  Do they not care.  Why is this team always the laughingstock of the NFL and the Brown family does nothing to improve how this organization operates.  This is a cesspool of incompetence and I don’t blame Carlos Dunlap, Carson Palmer, Corey Dillon or Carl Pickens on finding the fastest way out of this cluster of an organization.  This city deserves better than what the Brown family is willing to give.  The Brown family are multimillionaires due the manipulated fans.  F these bastards for not investing and ruining the future only to save a penny.  F the Brown family.  

The same "frugal ass bastards" that shelled out millions AND MILLIONS of dollars in FA......  Gosh isn't anyone tired of that narrative yet?  I think he (MB) clearly sucked as a GM/Owner/Decision maker, but I would bet no one wanted to win more than he.  I think Katie and Troy taking over has yielded positive things, can we not see that this is getting better?  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:20 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Saying right now about Joe Burrow’s injury.  We heard ZT, but I want to hear it from these frugal ass bastards on why this organization lacks the desire to have a respected organization.  Do they not care.  Why is this team always the laughingstock of the NFL and the Brown family does nothing to improve how this organization operates.  This is a cesspool of incompetence and I don’t blame Carlos Dunlap, Carson Palmer, Corey Dillon or Carl Pickens on finding the fastest way out of this cluster of an organization.  This city deserves better than what the Brown family is willing to give.  The Brown family are multimillionaires due the manipulated fans.  F these bastards for not investing and ruining the future only to save a penny.  F the Brown family.  

I imagine he's probably pretty pissed off. He actually opened up his wallet in FA this year and his DPP and coaching staff had him dump all the money into the defense instead of protecting Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't doubt he isn't as disappointed and upset as all of us are.

But that traditionally hasn't been enough to change anything.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The question should be,"What is the front office going to do to protect their investment when he comes back next season?" I know you can't put Burrow in a complete bubble, but what steps can the front office make for next season to minimize the punishment to #9? I guess I am saying why fix him if he's just going to get broken again.
Reply/Quote
You get what you pay for. He paid for a trash o line, he got himself a trash o line that cost his biggest investment a lot of rehab time.
Reply/Quote

I'd assume they are saying they put trust in Taylor and Turner to get the weaker guys on the OL (Hart, Jordan) groomed to a point that they would be good. Hart didn't see the field yesterday even though he was active, and we know how Jordan continues to perform.

Unfortunately, this team doesn't value guards very highly, more likely to go with a draft pick or a middle-to-lower tier veteran who costs a fraction of what the top guys get.

Boling was the most they paid a G that I can remember, and he was paid just outside the Top 10 for guards at the time with an annual salary of $5.2 mill. I would be (pleasantly) surprised to see them ever pay $10+ mill a year for an IOL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

They are asking if they can take Joe to the local walk in clinic to fix his injury and save a few bucks in the process..    Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:28 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: The same "frugal ass bastards" that shelled out millions AND MILLIONS of dollars in FA......  Gosh isn't anyone tired of that narrative yet?  I think he (MB) clearly sucked as a GM/Owner/Decision maker, but I would bet no one wanted to win more than he.  I think Katie and Troy taking over has yielded positive things, can we not see that this is getting better?  

The record for th last two seasons doesn’t agree with you. Maybe not for a lack of trying but the results are not there.
Reply/Quote
Pumpkin and her I-know-she's-goddamn-fugly-but-gimme-that-dowry hubby are out on the slopes. They'll get back with you.

Mike has no comment as he's busy having just sharted himself in the barca-lounger the Chevy dealership threw in when he bought that Nova from them back in '73.

Now you're up to speed.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:28 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: The same "frugal ass bastards" that shelled out millions AND MILLIONS of dollars in FA......  Gosh isn't anyone tired of that narrative yet?  I think he (MB) clearly sucked as a GM/Owner/Decision maker, but I would bet no one wanted to win more than he.  I think Katie and Troy taking over has yielded positive things, can we not see that this is getting better?  

The fact that you are sympathizing with the pathetic team management by the Brown family clearly shows that you do NOT get the bigger picture.  None of them are Football Experts, not one.  Mike should have swallowed his pride and hired an actual GM, right after his father passed, a true football genius with a vision of how a winning team should look.

The fact that they're passing it on to a 3rd generation of "Let's each take a role and split the GM salary" speaks volumes.  While putting a truly competitive and winning team out there would likely generate more than enough money to offset the cost of GM.  Greed and egotistical pride has now led to the crippling of yet, another 1st overall draft pick..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The fact that you are sympathizing with the pathetic team management by the Brown family clearly shows that you do NOT get the bigger picture.  None of them are Football Experts, not one.  Mike should have swallowed his pride and hired an actual GM, right after his father passed, a true football genius with a vision of how a winning team should look.

The fact that they're passing it on to a 3rd generation of "Let's each take a role and split the GM salary" speaks volumes.  While putting a truly competitive and winning team out there would likely generate more than enough money to offset the cost of GM.  Greed and egotistical pride has now led to the crippling of yet, another 1st overall draft pick..

Yep...that is, and always has been, a HUGE problem. There are no legitimate football people involved with the football decisions. Yet, they refuse to address that problem. Instead, they continue to rely on the football knowledge they DON'T possess.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how many times I have to have this conversation, but let's try it one more time...

The fact the family chose to spend money in free agency does nothing to change the narritave that they're frugal, or cheap. What it does change is their approach to building a roster, which is a good thing.

They've decided to build this years team differently, and to allocate their dollars differently. They did not decide to spend more money as a whole.

Just because they spent 120 million in free agent does not mean they spent more overall. Cap space has to spent, regardless of whether it's in house or not. Every team is required to meet 89% floor of cap spaced used, taken over a 4 year period. That money they spent could not have pocketed. It simply would have been given to people already in house.

Spending close to cap, which pretty much all teams do, hasn't been a problem here in a long, long time. Even though we spent a shit ton this offseason, you'll see the total cap used is not off from an average year. Go ahead and look for yourself. Go look up the cap space used from each year from 2010 to 2020. Does 2020 see a drastic increase % of cap used? (It doesn't)

The idea they're cheap/frugal/stubborn comes from the following:

-No practice facilty
-Limited stadium operational expenses
-No GM
-Small front office
-Small scouting department
-Urban Legends (Small towels, locking up gatorade, coach plane tickets, coin operated pop machine, no ammentities, etc.)

So please, PLEASE don't try to counter someone who says we're cheap with "well we just spent 120 million in free agency". That money was being spent regardless. It's a change of approach, not a change in overall expenses.

You're more than welcome to try to come up with legitimate reasons you don't think they're cheap, but this isn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not sure how many times I have to have this conversation, but let's try it one more time...

The fact the family chose to spend money in free agency does nothing to change the narritave that they're frugal, or cheap.  What it does change is their approach to building a roster, which is a good thing.  

They've decided to build this years team differently, and to allocate their dollars differently.  They did not decide to spend more money as a whole.

Just because they spent 120 million in free agent does not mean they spent more overall.  Cap space has to spent, regardless of whether it's in house or not.  Every team is required to meet 89% floor of cap spaced used, taken over a 4 year period.  That money they spent could not have pocketed.  It simply would have been given to people already in house.

Spending close to cap, which pretty much all teams do, hasn't been a problem here in a long, long time.  Even though we spent a shit ton this offseason, you'll see the total cap used is not off from an average year.  Go ahead and look for yourself.  Go look up the cap space used from each year from 2010 to 2020.  Does 2020 see a drastic increase % of cap used?  (It doesn't)

The idea they're cheap/frugal/stubborn comes from the following:

-No practice facilty
-Limited stadium operational expenses
-No GM
-Small front office
-Small scouting department
-Urban Legends (Small towels, locking up gatorade, coach plane tickets, coin operated pop machine, no ammentities, etc.)

So please, PLEASE don't try to counter someone who says we're cheap with "well we just spent 120 million in free agency".  That money was being spent regardless.  It's a change of approach, not a change in overall expenses.

You're more than welcome to try to come up with legitimate reasons you don't think they're cheap, but this isn't one of them.

Look around your house and find a football.
Now spike it.
Excellent post. Rock On  
Reply/Quote
We made some moves in FA but hardly addressed the o line. I think it was a shitty decision by zac and tobin not to take any lineman early in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The fact that you are sympathizing with the pathetic team management by the Brown family clearly shows that you do NOT get the bigger picture.  None of them are Football Experts, not one.  Mike should have swallowed his pride and hired an actual GM, right after his father passed, a true football genius with a vision of how a winning team should look.

I believe this is the real problem. Even with the 30 years of evidence in front of him MB refuses to admit he isn't capable of putting it all together.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Pumpkin and her I-know-she's-goddamn-fugly-but-gimme-that-dowry hubby are out on the slopes. They'll get back with you.

Mike has no comment as he's busy having just sharted himself in the barca-lounger the Chevy dealership threw in when he bought that Nova from them back in '73.

Now you're up to speed.

That was harsh... Heard tell the broad can cook too.

Extra rep for introducing the word dowry into the Joe Burrow discussion though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote