Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the standard for this upcoming season?
(07-20-2022, 10:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the most exciting part about this team is that the window is open for at least 2-3 years (if not more). Expecting them to make the playoffs 3 years in a row is a good benchmark for me - and like we all know, when you make the playoffs anything can happen.

and could be longer with these moves Katie/Zac are making
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A healthy season like last yr. Would be div. Finals, multiple game injuries to 2 to 3 core players is making playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:14 AM)wcu Wrote: Last year, I said I'd be happy with playing meaningful games in December, and boy did we ever!

This year, I'd be completely happy with even a hard fought, well earned wild card birth and then getting into the playoffs and perhaps knocking someone off.  I don't want to expect or accept decline, but the success we had last season just has so many uncontrollable variables, that its not something I'm going into the season expecting.  I certainly think we CAN, but I'm not going to judge this season on if we can match or exceed last season's success.  We've got an elite core for years to come, and I have no doubt that the dominance will be on display at some point in the next couple of years.

My thoughts exactly. Gimme a playoff berth, and see what happens from there. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: My thoughts exactly. Gimme a playoff berth, and see what happens from there. 

Yea, I gotta second (third) this...
Just MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.  After that, ANYTHING can happen.
Hell, the Steelers once won the SB as a SIX SEED!
Reply/Quote
Funny how I have gotten chided harshly anytime I have suggested that good fortune or luck had anything to do with us making the Super Bowl, but now almost everyone in this thread is saying the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how I have gotten chided harshly anytime I have suggested that good fortune or luck had anything to do with us making the Super Bowl, but now almost everyone in this thread is saying the same thing.

Ha ha good old Freddie. Nobody has denied there wasn’t some luck involved. Heck LA Rams got 3 straight penalties to go ahead and win the SB. KC got lucky to beat the Bills. But your implication has always been this staff is not good and really had nothing to do with our success this year. You’ve never praised them once. Acknowledged a few things but praise? No
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how I have gotten chided harshly anytime I have suggested that good fortune or luck had anything to do with us making the Super Bowl, but now almost everyone in this thread is saying the same thing.

Half of sports is luck. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We arent the only team to get better either AFC is stacked   Burrow could break records or with a better OL and RUN Game we could control the clock better and not HAVE to break records to win... Cause winning matters more than yards or Score.

All true. The Chargers, Bills, Raiders, Broncos, all had a fantastic Offseason but so did we IMO.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true. The Chargers, Bills, Raiders, Broncos, all had a fantastic Offseason but so did we IMO.

I think the biggest reason these teams get more hype coming into this season is they signed players at “splash” positions. QBs, wrs, cb’s, edge rushers. Ol doesn’t garner the same hype. Fine with me. We addressed OUR biggest weakness, quite aggressively I will add. They more than exceeded my expectations of what I thought they’d do.

As to the op, I think a playoff is the minimum. After that it’s a crap shoot. Injuries and seeding play to big a role in a one and done format. That said I’d be surprised and disappointed if we don’t win at least one post season game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think the biggest reason these teams get more hype coming into this season is they signed players at “splash” positions.  QBs, wrs, cb’s, edge rushers.  Ol doesn’t garner the same hype.  Fine with me.  We addressed OUR biggest weakness, quite aggressively I will add.  They more than exceeded my expectations of what I thought they’d do.  

As to the op, I think a playoff is the minimum.  After that it’s a crap shoot.  Injuries and seeding play to big a role in a one and done format.  That said I’d be surprised and disappointed if we don’t win at least one post season game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said BenZoo, we didn't have a flashy FA or Draft honestly but did what we needed to to stay atop the AFC from what I 
saw. I know the other teams I mentioned had great Offseason's but you win games in the trenches and one side of our trenches
were terrible last year and somehow, we won enough to make it to the big game and nearly win it.

True about just making it into the Playoffs and after that anything can happen.

I just think if we can stay somewhat healthy especially on the OL we WILL be able to actually score TD's unlike this last post 
season where we couldn't score many TD's which kept the games so close. Our Kicker and Defense really helped our Offense
out tons.
Reply/Quote
they've got the talent to get back to the sb, we'll see how zac and his coaches handle the expectations and not being the underdogs,
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: they've got the talent to get back to the sb, we'll see how zac and his coaches handle the expectations and not being the underdogs,

Welcome back Tiger Blood ole buddy.  Rock On

Yes, they will have a target on their back we will see how the coaches and players handle it.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: they've got the talent to get back to the sb, we'll see how zac and his coaches handle the expectations and not being the underdogs,

That is a big question at this point. Can't wait to see what happens.
Reply/Quote
1 playoff win in a loaded AFC should be the bare minimum. However if we were in the NFC it would be SB or bust for me.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Welcome back Tiger Blood ole buddy.  Rock On

Yes, they will have a target on their back we will see how the coaches and players handle it.

I could be wrong...but i think you have him mixed up with someone else. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
My expectations are to win the AFC North with possibly even a sweep of the division. I expect us to win at least one playoff game but, realistically, I think we could make the Super Bowl and possibly win it. That comes off of the fact of realizing exactly how good Burrow is and how he led us to the Super Bowl and came one block away from winning it. Yes, you do need luck with limited injuries and some good breaks to go your way, but you need a lot less of that if you have good players, which this team has an abundance of.

My goals are to have a complete team that plays together and for Joe Burrow to establish himself as the future of the league and someone that will dominate for years to come. I expect him to win the MVP.

People forget that our line was so bad that it got him injured as a rookie, which he bounced back from, and then allowed him to get sacked a thousand times in year two, and he still led us to a division crown and the playoffs.

I expect Mixon to be in the top three in rushing again and even possibly lead the league in yards and touchdowns because teams won't be able to load the box and also because of improved line play.

I'm sure there's more but I'm in the middle of a poker game and trying to take these fools' money! There's nothing better than making fun of people for losing money to a vegetable!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I could be wrong...but i think you have him mixed up with someone else. 

Yep pretty sure he was thinking of Tiger Teeth.
TB has only been a member since Feb of this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I could be wrong...but i think you have him mixed up with someone else. 

Nah, same dude I get along with politically. Was banned for awhile remember?

(07-21-2022, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep pretty sure he was thinking of Tiger Teeth.
TB has only been a member since Feb of this year.

Wish Tiger Teeth was back, but he has a lot of shit going on in his life right now...
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 05:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, same dude I get along with politically. Was banned for awhile remember?

Wish Tiger Teeth was back, but he has a lot of shit going on in his life right now...

...What?
That's a reason for getting blocked lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That is a big question at this point. Can't wait to see what happens.

i'm hoping they still have a huge chip on there shoulders. mcvay and rams didn't win it his first go round. hopefully we get back this year and get ours.
Reply/Quote