Poll: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
11 and 5 or better - Zac must match or beat Sean McVay’s 1st year as a Head Coach
10 and 6 - would tell me Zac is for real & an up and coming Head Coach; no lower
9 and 7 - Zac wins more than he loses signals a bright future; low as I’ll go
8 and 8 - Zac winning 50% of games 1st year is not a bad sign; I’d still believe
7 and 9 - Zac must at least do better than Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
6 and 10 - Zac must at least match Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
5 and 11 or worse - is ok year 1 since all New Staff & Zac’s first year as a Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
   What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac and still feel ok about the future ?

(Assumes that the team is reasonably healthy)

How low will you go ?    

Take the POLL
Reply/Quote
I think 8-8 would be reassuring.....anything more is gravy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 04:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think 8-8 would be reassuring.....anything more is gravy.

The Poll is up now so you can Vote that if you would like.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
We won 6 games last year with a ton of major injuries.

We lost zero significant players.

I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with less than 9 wins.

BTW I meant to vote 9-7, but accidently hit 8-8.
Reply/Quote
I am willing to give the players and the coaches time to adjust. I also don't think our OL nor LBs are fixed. I believe we will be better than 0.500 but that is not the question...
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We won 6 games last year with a ton of major injuries.

Could you hitting 8 and 8 in the POLL be some kind of Freudian Slip Fred ?  Tongue

Maybe deep down you have slightly more of a soft spot for Zac than you want us to see ? Mellow  

One less win more of a soft spot for Zac ?
Reply/Quote
If Lewis was that bad as others have stated an injury filled 2018, a minimum is 4 game improvement to 10-6 and I am happy. Anything less worries me of more of the same as in the past. ML improved 6 games in year one so I am asking less of ZT.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I didn't even answer the poll because, honestly, it has a negative connotation and I'm so pumped about the season that I'm pumped for this year AND the future.

This roster has all the talent that we needed Taylor is a coach that finally knows how to use it and has position coaches and coordinators that can coach the guys up and call plays to play to strengths and mask any weaknesses.

He also has the players- like AJ- excited to play for him and they'll all bring their play to another level.

I also believe that we'll see the team play like a team for the first time in a long time.

I think we go into Cleveland in week 14, dominate, and then dominate them again at home in week 17 to win the division.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 05:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Lewis was that bad as others have stated  an injury filled 2018, a minimum is 4 game improvement to 10-6 and I am happy. Anything less worries me of more of the same as in the past. ML improved 6 games in year one so I am asking less of ZT.

You can register that in the Poll if you would like. No one has Voted 10 and 6 yet but you make a good case for it.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 05:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't even answer the poll because, honestly, it has a negative connotation and I'm so pumped about the season that I'm pumped for this year AND the future.

This roster has all the talent that we needed Taylor is a coach that finally knows how to use it and has position coaches and coordinators that can coach the guys up and call plays to play to strengths and mask any weaknesses.

He also has the players- like AJ- excited to play for him and they'll all bring their play to another level.

I also believe that we'll see the team play like a team for the first time in a long time.

I think we go into Cleveland in week 14, dominate, and then dominate them again at home in week 17 to win the division.

I am glad the Bengals don't play Cleveland until December. It will give them a chance to gel before having to play against the new darlings of the AFC North. The only thing that would please me more than a sweep of Cleveland would be the Steelers being in last place in the division.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 05:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't even answer the poll because, honestly, it has a negative connotation and I'm so pumped about the season that I'm pumped for this year AND the future.

He is not asking how we feel now.

He is asking how many wins it takes in 2019 to continue feeling positive.
Reply/Quote

I didn't intend a negative connotation.

Just wonder what minimum amount of wins people would expect in Zac's year one if the team is reasonably healthy.

It could, however, signal at what point some fans could turn negative towards Zac should he not win enough in year one as they would want.

Just how loyal will fans be and/or stay towards Zac based on the year one win total ?

Your Division win prediction hits a positive note for sure.
Reply/Quote
I voted 8-8, but even that depends on how we look. Is the offense humming? Do we look like a good team that's missing a few pieces (if so, I'll be even more mad about this lazy free agency we just had)? How did we do against the Steelers? Etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We won 6 games last year with a ton of major injuries.

I need to say that no matter how bad he does this year I think every new coach should get at least 2 full seasons.

It would have to be a 0-16 nightmare with a lot serious locker room turmoil and other problems for me to be calling for a new coach after just one year.
Reply/Quote
Ill take 7 wins and/or the evidence of actual development. Our coaching staff is doing a lot on learning on the job, so things might not be instantaneously glorious.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 04:46 PM)depthchart Wrote:    What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac and still feel ok about the future ?

(Assumes that the team is reasonably healthy)

How low will you go ?    

Take the POLL

cant simply look at the record as the tell all...   How the season unfolds will say a lot and to many factors we cant account for yet.

But ill say if we pick first overall fire them all and start again.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 05:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I voted 8-8, but even that depends on how we look. Is the offense humming? Do we look like a good team that's missing a few pieces (if so, I'll be even more mad about this lazy free agency we just had)? How did we do against the Steelers? Etc.

Okay so I voted 9-7 but am putting Taylor's say in coaches/free agency/and personnel into the equation.

If he goes 8-8 or below, my faith is diminished because it means with the same FO(supposedly better now)he can't get it done any better than Marvin starting out.

I agree with you how he does against divisional rivals, winning record teams, and in game decisions it will help provide hope.

This Free Agency was terrible and hinges a lot on rooks and returning injured players performing at past levels.

What I fear the most is Dalton will ultimately be hung with load of the blame if the team shortfalls when our front office and boy-wonder coach may be the real culprits.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was thinking, at worst, they should come in around 5 and 11. I think they will probably do better than that, but there are just way more question marks than certainties.

Opening at Seattle could give us a good idea of how this team is going to fair in 2019. Seattle plays the Rams twice a year and if our offense is based off of the Rams, which we all seem to believe it is, then it will be a good test of this team's ability to execute it. For me, Mixon and the run blocking will be key to making the offense go.

Reply/Quote
I may just be buying into the hype too hard, but 8-8 would be disappointing for me even though that’s what I voted.
Reply/Quote
Record? No Idea but I would like them to be competitive every week and not get blown out...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote