Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That pass interference after the replay really pissed me off..
The nfl as a whole is becoming very unwatchable, I'm sick of all the inconsistencies with this rule..I have watched alot of games this year where I have seen way more obvious PI not overturned doing review..

I feel like the only reason they were willing to make that call against us is because we're 1-11 and controversy won't be as high for us as it would be for other teams..The new rule has been an absolute joke all season and anybody that says different is just as delusional as nfl itself..
Reply/Quote
That was a bad call. Honestly, the Vigil turnover probably should not have been a turnover though. Njoku hit the ground and still had the ball and Vigil ripped it free on the ground.
Reply/Quote
It was a bad call but bad calls happen have to overcome them. Anyways with how we struggled in the redzone doubt it would have matted.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Should've been flagged on the field.

It was OPI.

The fact that it was not flagged yet reviewed at the request of someone other than a coach is troubling.

Kitchens didn't have a challenge left.

Not sure what the NFL is trying to do.

They are ruining the sport though.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That was weak...

On the bright side; Jesse Bates has sorta been redeeming his lackluster sophomore season lately.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was a bad call. Honestly, the Vigil turnover probably should not have been a turnover though. Njoku hit the ground and still had the ball and Vigil ripped it free on the ground.

Njoku didn't complete the catch all the way through. It popped out of his hands and into Vigils. 

The bad call was that it was a 'fumble', when really it was a catch by Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Njoku didn't complete the catch all the way through. It popped out of his hands and into Vigils. 

The bad call was that it was a 'fumble', when really it was a catch by Vigil.

How didn't he complete the catch? He was laying on the ground with the ball and Vigil pulled it ou.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:18 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Should've been flagged on the field.

It was OPI.

The fact that it was not flagged yet reviewed at the request of someone other than a coach is troubling.

What strikes me as odd, funny, however you want to put it ? Is like first 12 weeks of the season they refused to change what was called on the field, changed like 3% or something like that. 

Now all of the sudden over the last two weeks they've changed a bunch, compared to previous record. WTF ? They just get to arbitrarily pick and choose when they want to enforce the rules ? I mean there's been a bunch of obvious PI's not changed !

Is it because playoffs are around corner and they want to have input on winner ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How didn't he complete the catch? He was laying on the ground with the ball and Vigil pulled it ou.

I agree.

I'm not gonna homer on that play.

Their player caught it with his rear on the ground.

Which is a catch and player down at the spot.

No turnover no matter what you want to call it.
Reply/Quote
Vigil is garbage!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How didn't he complete the catch? He was laying on the ground with the ball and Vigil pulled it ou.

If he would have caught it cleanly when he first made contact with the ball I think it’s ruled a catch. He bobbled it though and once he gains control Vigil is already engaging him. At that point he has to hold on to the ball all the way through the tackle in order to be ruled a catch. If Vigil just knocks the ball out of the receivers hands it would have been an incomplete pass. Instead of swiping at it he just took it, which means it’s an interception.

It was a close play. I’d probably be frustrated if it happened to us. I’ve seen enough close plays go against us that I’m not going to question one that finally went our way in a game we lost.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 01:02 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: If he would have caught it cleanly when he first made contact with the ball I think it’s ruled a catch. He bobbled it though and once he gains control Vigil is already engaging him. At that point he has to hold on to the ball all the way through the tackle in order to be ruled a catch. If Vigil just knocks the ball out of the receivers hands it would have been an incomplete pass. Instead of swiping at it he just took it, which means it’s an interception.

It was a close play. I’d probably be frustrated if it happened to us. I’ve seen enough close plays go against us  that I’m not going to question one that finally went our way in a game we lost.

The rules guy on TV said exactly this, it was an INT not a fumble recovery. It is that weird two feet and a football move catch thing that is already weird and then surving the ground. Just more of that grey area crap

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How didn't he complete the catch? He was laying on the ground with the ball and Vigil pulled it ou.

They explained it and it makes sense to the letter of the law.  Since he was going down while making the catch, he had to "survive the contact with the field" and he didn't.  The ball never hit the ground and Vigil got it.  Head's up play.

If you guys watched the Rams and Hawks last night...man, that is how you play some fricking defense.  Those guys rip at the ball and grab arms (not before the ball gets there) and violently shake the ball loose.  You can see that every player is doing it like it is their MO.

On a side note, a DB named Hill that was a Bengal early on out of Oregon....Looked like a damn HOF last night.  Wow.  That kid made some PLAYS. 
Reply/Quote

It was OPI.

What were his other two challenges?  I remember the bobbling passes out of bounds.  Bengals challenged one and Browns challenged one.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Refs jobbed the Patriots yesterday too. Three times. I guess KC was getting too close for comfort in the AFCW race.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

It was OPI.

All turnovers are reviewed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All turnovers are reviewed.

That is now why I understand it was reviewed.  Thanks.
Reply/Quote