Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this teams identity!
Tiger
Can anyone tell me the identity of this team?
Now that Zac can't throw 35 times a game.
Reply/Quote
Tigers identities are not easy to see, as they are hidden by their stripes Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:33 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Today I would say it is run blocking and maybe D-line as a whole.  It seemed the Vikings O-line was a little freaked out by the Bengals D-line given all their penalties.  They did a good job containing Cook.  After that, kind of mixed bag.  The run game was good.  The passing game sure had it's moments once Zac took the brakes off after the first 2 possessions.   But the Bengals secondary is still suspect.  I think it certainly would help to have Wayne actually play a game for the Bengals.  Coaching C-.  I give the Bengals players credit for overcoming some bad coaching.  

So really no identity yet.  Let's give it a few more games.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:33 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

AFC North smashmouth street fight in the trenches. On both sides of the ball. And disciplined. In other words, opposite of what they've been in the last few years.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
Steelers keep coming back to win. Browns are not bums. not sure how the Ravens will turn out, but this is a division that is not going to give us any easy wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Steelers keep coming back to win. Browns are not bums. not sure how the Ravens will turn out, but this is a division that is not going to give us any easy wins.
Good thing that divisional wins now even less relevant thanks to 11 games outside of the division.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:48 PM)Emeritus Wrote: I'll ask again what is this teams identity moving forward? The problem will become that they don't have one. 

Their current identity is "Winners"

But don't let that stop you from whining.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Steelers keep coming back to win. Browns are not bums. not sure how the Ravens will turn out, but this is a division that is not going to give us any easy wins.

Tiger

This quarterback is still on the ground sacked and hurried. That's not ever going to be sustainable success. Ever.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Their current identity is "Winners"

But don't let that stop you from whining.

Tiger
Is your comment sustainable sir? With all due respect
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Good thing that divisional wins now even less relevant thanks to 11 games outside of the division.

Still the division that most games the Bengals play are in. They'll play outside the division, too. 
Reply/Quote
Their identity seems to be just wing it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Too young to really have one yet. A lot of these guys are pretty new playing together, but there were a lot of good things that happened in this game despite ZT's mishaps. The D held Cook to 61 yards and 3.1 per carry. That's really good. Lou said that was their goal was to force Cousins to beat them. The CB's held up really good most of the first half and then gave up some big plays. Pretty good performace overall against one of the NFLs beter offenses last year.

Offense looked good for Joe's first game coming back. He was very solid with a 128 RTG. Mixon looked like Mixon again. I reserve the right to believe that ZT actually held them back and I'm exercising that right lol. The O found a way to overcome some bad playcalling, especially when Burrow called and audible to win the game. Excellent stuff right there. ZT must improve or be replaced.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:07 PM)jason Wrote: Their identity seems to be just wing it.

I was thinking it was to go for it, no matter how bad of an idea it might be...
Reply/Quote
Hopefully its "Winning". Who Dey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Is your comment sustainable sir? With all due respect

My comment about you whining 100% of the time is completely sustainable.

Burrow had a passer rating over 100 with 2 tds.  Mixon rushed for 120+ with a td.  Which one of those upsets you so much?

I have never heard of a team losing because of "identity".  Would you care to provide an example?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:04 PM)Destro Wrote: Still the division that most games the Bengals play are in. They'll play outside the division, too. 

No need to focus on the division anymore thought.  Going undefeated in divisional games guarantees nothing, only a 6-11 record at worst.

Winning the games outside of your division guarantee 11-6 at worst, and that will most likely create a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
I saw a different identity on defense, the came after Minn with multiple fronts
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No need to focus on the division anymore thought.  Going undefeated in divisional games guarantees nothing, only a 6-11 record at worst.

Winning the games outside of your division guarantee 11-6 at worst, and that will most likely create a playoff spot.

Nothing to do with focusing on the division, it was we are playing three teams that seem to be better than us...twice each. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:25 PM)Destro Wrote: Nothing to do with focusing on the division, it was we are playing three teams that seem to be better than us...twice each. 

Understood.
Reply/Quote
Players covering for coach’s mistakes.
Reply/Quote