Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What is up with Hendrickson?
It felt like all year I was waiting for Hendrickson to become the pass rushing threat he was last year, but it never happened. I know he had the broken wrist but did something else change like the scheme? I thought we paid him to be our premiere pass rusher but at times I saw him go out in coverage. What's the point in bringing him in if we aren't going to use him to his strengths? What do you all think? Am I just missing something or was someone else wondering the same thing?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:14 PM)Mer Wrote: It felt like all year I was waiting for Hendrickson to become the pass rushing threat he was last year, but it never happened. I know he had the broken wrist but did something else change like the scheme? I thought we paid him to be our premiere pass rusher but at times I saw him go out in coverage. What's the point in bringing him in if we aren't going to use him to his strengths? What do you all think? Am I just missing something or was someone else wondering the same thing?

did you not see the chiefs holding him all game? 
Reply/Quote
Orlando Brown definitely got away with a couple yesterday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He’s held, but we also don’t have another top tier pass rusher to give teams fits. He’s almost always right next to the QB. Hubbard is great for his role but he’ll never be a top tier pass rusher
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He’s held, but we also don’t have another top tier pass rusher to give teams fits. He’s almost always right next to the QB. Hubbard is great for his role but he’ll never be a top tier pass rusher

Most teams don’t have more than one top tier pass rusher. That’s why the Eagles are so scary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Imagine being held and having a broken wrist and the fans STILL ***** about your production.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: did you not see the chiefs holding him all game? 

Wasn't really just that game. He was just underwhelming as a whole this year.

Went from 14.0 sacks to 8.0 sacks.
Went from 12 TFL to 6 TFL.

Had a couple good games, but also just absolutely vanished for large stretches of the season. 6.5 of his 8.0 sacks came in 3 games. He finished the season getting blanked in sacks in 8 of the final 10 games. He only registered at least half a sack or more in 5 out of his 18 games.

He really needs a bounce-back season because the Bengals have to be better at getting to the QB than they were in 2022 (29th in sacks).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Imagine being held and having a broken wrist and the fans STILL ***** about your production.

Fair enough. But where was all the production before the wrist injury? I'm a fan of Hendrickson but he just didn't have the fire this year like he did last year. And held or not, the elite pass rushers fight through holds and double teams and still sack the QB. How many times did we double up Jones last night and he was still wreaking havoc?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He’s held, but we also don’t have another top tier pass rusher to give teams fits. He’s almost always right next to the QB. Hubbard is great for his role but he’ll never be a top tier pass rusher

Exactly why some of these morons on this site better look past their hatred of Ossai because he's the guy that started coming into his own as that tough,athletic DE that can get to the QB and run down backside plays. He played very well the last 6-7 games of the year. Hendrickson is also playing with a broken wrist.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: did you not see the chiefs holding him all game? 

Last year he fought through those and often got the flag thrown on the lineman for holding.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wasn't really just that game. He was just underwhelming as a whole this year.

Went from 14.0 sacks to 8.0 sacks.
Went from 12 TFL to 6 TFL.

Had a couple good games, but also just absolutely vanished for large stretches of the season. 6.5 of his 8.0 sacks came in 3 games. He finished the season getting blanked in sacks in 8 of the final 10 games. He only registered at least half a sack or more in 5 out of his 18 games.

He really needs a bounce-back season because the Bengals have to be better at getting to the QB than they were in 2022 (29th in sacks).

didnt he also miss multiple games? It's hard to surpass 14.5 sacks
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:30 PM)Mer Wrote: Fair enough. But where was all the production before the wrist injury? I'm a fan of Hendrickson but he just didn't have the fire this year like he did last year. And held or not, the elite pass rushers fight through holds and double teams and still sack the QB. How many times did we double up Jones last night and he was still was wreaking havoc?

One is an all pro against a patchwork O-line. One is the best on a team against an O-line with two all-pros.

How is his even a take?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:14 PM)Mer Wrote: It felt like all year I was waiting for Hendrickson to become the pass rushing threat he was last year, but it never happened. I know he had the broken wrist but did something else change like the scheme? I thought we paid him to be our premiere pass rusher but at times I saw him go out in coverage. What's the point in bringing him in if we aren't going to use him to his strengths? What do you all think? Am I just missing something or was someone else wondering the same thing?

You ever play anything with a broken wrist? And a broken wrist with a cast? And a broken wrist with a cast that he also hurt again the week prior? That makes it really really difficult for a guy that has to use his hands so much to beat OL and take down QB's..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: One is an all pro against a patchwork O-line. One is the best on a team against an O-line with two all-pros.

How is his even a take?

Some would say Hendrickson was All-pro just a year ago. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:35 PM)Mer Wrote: Some would say Hendrickson was All-pro just a year ago. 

Some would also say Adeniji is a serviceable lineman.

Some are idiots.
Reply/Quote
He was held a ton this year.

But yeah we need another gamebreaker on the d-line.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Some would also say Adeniji is a serviceable lineman.

Some are idiots.

I started this thread to get some real insight from fellow Bengals fans. I get we're all mad about last night, but why start this crap? It doesn't matter what I post, you obviously can't look at it for what it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:38 PM)Mer Wrote: I started this thread to get some real insight from fellow Bengals fans. I get we're all mad about last night, but why start this crap? It doesn't matter what I post, you obviously can't look at it for what it is.

It's not even about being mad (I'm not).

It's a ridiculous discussion to have. Dude was injured and played through it and got held all game by one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. That's what's up with Hendrickson.

I'm not even trying to be a dick here - it's just a simple answer.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: did you not see the chiefs holding him all game? 

Easy to take away a rusher when you just hold all game and you know the refs aren’t gonna call it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: didnt he also miss multiple games? It's hard to surpass 14.5 sacks

He played 1 less game in 2022 than in 2021.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote