Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with this?
Chad Johnson working out with Antonio Brown during bye week? Is this something new or has it been going on?
Chad can do what he wants but to go over and work with any Shittsburgh player make me want to puke.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21993383/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-getting-ready-chad-johnson
Reply/Quote
It's OK. Chad has had his share of critical 3rd down drops and adlibbing timed passing routes. And that is all I remember of him.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
He also lobbied the Browns to make him their WR Coach. Not sure why this is bothering you if that didn't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 02:02 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Chad Johnson working out with Antonio Brown during bye week?  Is this something new or has it been going on?
Chad can do what he wants but to go over and work with any Shittsburgh player make me want to puke.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21993383/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-getting-ready-chad-johnson

Kinda weird considering how hard the Steelers tried to end him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I saw a comment on Twitter yesterday saying Chad has been working with AB for 6 years. Not sure how true that is but whatever. Chad can do whatever he wants
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 02:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I saw a comment on Twitter yesterday saying Chad has been working with AB for 6 years. Not sure how true that is but whatever. Chad can do whatever he wants

And apparently he did while he was with us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Unless chad turned down a similar offer to coach WRs here I don't see why this would be upsetting.
Reply/Quote
I don’t either. Man just trying to hang on to the And this coming fro a diehard Steelers hater.
Reply/Quote
Divas of a feather flock together.
Reply/Quote
It honestly doesn't bother me at all. I'd welcome Chad as a WR coach to our organization, but I don't forsee that happening while Marvin is here. I also like the idea of Housh being the WR coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 03:34 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: It honestly doesn't bother me at all. I'd welcome Chad as a WR coach to our organization, but I don't forsee that happening while Marvin is here. I also like the idea of Housh being the WR coach.

I don't think Chad has the intellect about the game to coach in it.  Or life, for that matter.  Best feet in the business, but his only contribution to the game could be and was as a player.  Agree about Housh, and I and many would be happy with him on this staff.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Chad has worked out with AB a lot. There was a video shown on here before of him, AB, BJGE, and another guy. Pretty sure AB and Chad are from the same neighborhood.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Chad haters will just use this as an excuse to hate, but our all-time leading passer went and coached for those guys. Don't see anyone disrespecting Kenny over that. Chad is a Bengals legend and it's sad that Bengals fans hate many of our former greats. It's more a reflection on them than Chad, Dillon, Pickens, Housh, Boomer, Palmer, etc etc.

Btw, the "Chad improvised on routes" thing is soooo overblown. All top WRs improvise sometimes. You don't go for 1300+ yards on a regular basis without being EXCELLENT at what you do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad has worked out with AB a lot. There was a video shown on here before of him, AB, BJGE, and another guy. Pretty sure AB and Chad are from the same neighborhood.

Here's the video from 5 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcffMecIwDA

The other guy was Mike Wallace
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As good as Chad was, I could care less who he's working with and I damn sure wouldn't want him as a WR coach. He couldn't even get on the field in NE cause he couldn't learn the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 08:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: As good as Chad was, I could care less who he's working with and I damn sure wouldn't want him as a WR coach. He couldn't even get on the field in NE cause he couldn't learn the playbook.

That's a complicated playbook to digest on the fly. People seem to forget that was the lockout year, so Chad quickly fell behind and didn't get to develop chemistry with Brady early, which is crucial. I read back then that if you don't click with Brady from jump, he kinda leaves you behind.

So I think people who already didn't like Chad tend to read too much into that year in New England. Never mind the fact that he was fading physically.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Chad haters will just use this as an excuse to hate, but our all-time leading passer went and coached for those guys. Don't see anyone disrespecting Kenny over that. Chad is a Bengals legend and it's sad that Bengals fans hate many of our former greats. It's more a reflection on them than Chad, Dillon, Pickens, Housh, Boomer, Palmer, etc etc.

Btw, the "Chad improvised on routes" thing is soooo overblown. All top WRs improvise sometimes. You don't go for 1300+ yards on a regular basis without being EXCELLENT at what you do.

I don't in any way get the Chad hate. The guy was one of the best in the NFL for several years running, yet our own fans act like he was chump change ? Odd
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 02:08 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It's OK. Chad has had his share of critical 3rd down drops and adlibbing timed passing routes. And that is all I remember of him.

I feel bad for you if that’s all you remember of Chad’s time here.

Reply/Quote
I hate what he turned into when he changed into ocho cinco, so he probably will teach him how to disappear in big games!
And for all of you who think poorly of me for not remembering when he was good, TOO BAD!!!

Reply/Quote