Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is we could get a guaranteed starter with our 4th round Comp. pick?
Thoughts are using our 4th round comp. pick on taking Arizona State kicker Zane Gonzalez?

He may be there in round 5 also, but my thought is to grab any starter in late round 4 is s a steal. We also have 11 picks so still 10 other picks (more than most teams).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Thoughts are using our 4th round comp. pick on taking Arizona State kicker Zane Gonzalez?

He may be there in round 5 also, but my thought is to grab any starter in late round 4 is s a steal. We also have 11 picks so still 10 other picks (more than most teams).

If he could be a reliable kicker for the next ten or twelve years, I'd do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Just depends on who is there, our 5th round pick is not that far away from our 4th round comp pick, so should we wait?

It is very hard to predict how the flow will go after the first 10 or so picks, even then teams throw hail Mary's at you in the top 10. What if no one takes a QB? What if 4 teams take a QB? We just have to wait and see who's there when it's our turn.

I think the last report I read about mocks from the draft, they are only about a 30-40% correct.
Reply/Quote
If we took Gonzales with our 4th round comp, I'd take no issue with it. I don't see kicker going high this year because of the Aguayo situation from last year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just depends on who is there, our 5th round pick is not that far away from our 4th round comp pick, so should we wait?

It is very hard to predict how the flow will go after the first 10 or so picks, even then teams throw hail Mary's at you in the top 10. What if no one takes a QB? What if 4 teams take a QB? We just have to wait and see who's there when it's our turn.

I think the last report I read about mocks from the draft, they are only about a 30-40% correct.

I agree, if Conley is sitting there with or 4th round comp. pick, we need to jump on him and hope kicker falls to our 5th round pick

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we took Gonzales with our 4th round comp, I'd take no issue with it. I don't see kicker going high this year because of the Aguayo situation from last year.

Aguayo 2nd rick pick was compounded by fact they traded up I believe to take him. Then of course he tanked 1st half of the year, but like many rookies, he may end up being a good (not great) pick

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we took Gonzales with our 4th round comp, I'd take no issue with it. I don't see kicker going high this year because of the Aguayo situation from last year.

Agreed
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Aguayo 2nd rick pick was compounded by fact they traded up I believe to take him. Then of course he tanked 1st half of the year, but like many rookies, he may end up being a good (not great) pick

I still think some people are going to be hesitant about taking a kicker high. Could Aguayo be good? Possibly, but the Bucs signed Nick Folk to compete with him so they seem willing to move on from him if he doesn't look good in camp.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping and expecting that we take him with our next pick. The idea of not getting the best kicker in this draft is a very sad idea. If another team needs a kicker, they'll take him; I wouldn't gamble on this one. In fact, I would trade up to the first 4th pick and make sure we get him.
Reply/Quote