Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong with the Reds?
Everything. Can't hit. Can't pitch. Can't even do baseball fundamentals.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Basically a AAA team playing against MLB teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 06:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Basically a AAA team playing against MLB teams.

Exactly, there's probably 15 guys on the active roster that wouldn't be on nearly any other teams roster. And unfortunately 3 or 4 of em are in every game.

It literally is minor league against big league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joey Votto, basically the heart of the team has a total of 6 RBI's. He's on pace for what like 45 this season ?

Suarez who hasn't played in two weeks has 7.
Reply/Quote
I bought a shirt the other day at Kroger. It had a picture of Gennett, Votto, and Duvall with the saying Bomb Squad. Yes, they are definitely bombing.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Front office should be embarrassed, the state of this franchise.
Reply/Quote
Three year rebuild they said.

Trust the process they said...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe Cincy sports could mix it up, and the Bengals hire Reds owners kids and vice versa.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Three year rebuild they said.

Trust the process they said...

Which would be cool if there actually was a process. They're just bouncing off walls going in all directions and most of them are bad.

And this will mark 5 years in a row of irrelevance !!
Reply/Quote
Ownership has a hell of a lot to answer for. Payroll has been slashed and slashed. A new GM was hired from the finance side of things with practically zero baseball acumen. This is playing out exactly like it's supposed to when you have a cheap ass ownership group spending as little as possible and a GM that sucks at baseball operations.

I'm no Bryan Price apologist, but his firing was kind of a joke. I fault him for not bringing along young pitching, but perhaps the young pitching sucked to begin with. Maybe the farm system sucks at developing pitchers before they get to Price. His firing was a gesture to angry fans, and I'm pretty sure that they aren't dumb enough to think it was the answer. Price was handed a 68 win team minus a really good SS, plus two average relievers and expected to do something with it, lol.

Dick Williams needs to lose his job and be replaced with a real baseball GM. Castellini needs to change the team's strategy for acquiring talent. He's made a shitload of money on his investment since buying the team. There's no excuse not to increase payroll. Sell the damn team if you don't want to win. Fans were relatively understanding about the rebuild process for a few years, but sentiment is turning in a big way. This franchise will enter a real dark age if something drastic isn't done soon.
Reply/Quote
I kind of like something Votto was quoted as saying .
"Messages are so weak. You either got it or you don't. You either can do it or you can't. Messages are the biggest waste of time. You're either capable or you're not." -- Votto, on the Reds' offensive struggles..
I'm guessing it's in response to some silly ass question of what message it sends to.....
I agree 99.99% of the time.  You either got it or you don't. Kind of blunt, but blunt is a good thing. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They don't give a ****.
Reply/Quote
Another shot in the arm as the Reds win last night. Just enough to keep them from completely collapsing. Crickets filled the stadium.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 10:55 PM)samhain Wrote: Ownership has a hell of a lot to answer for.  Payroll has been slashed and slashed.  A new GM was hired from the finance side of things with practically zero baseball acumen.  This is playing out exactly like it's supposed to when you have a cheap ass ownership group spending as little as possible and a GM that sucks at baseball operations.  

I'm no Bryan Price apologist, but his firing was kind of a joke.  I fault him for not bringing along young pitching, but perhaps the young pitching sucked to begin with.  Maybe the farm system sucks at developing pitchers before they get to Price.  His firing was a gesture to angry fans, and I'm pretty sure that they aren't dumb enough to think it was the answer.  Price was handed a 68 win team minus a really good SS, plus two average relievers and expected to do something with it, lol.  

Dick Williams needs to lose his job and be replaced with a real baseball GM.  Castellini needs to change the team's strategy for acquiring talent.  He's made a shitload of money on his investment since buying the team.  There's no excuse not to increase payroll.  Sell the damn team if you don't want to win.  Fans were relatively understanding about the rebuild process for a few years, but sentiment is turning in a big way.  This franchise will enter a real dark age if something drastic isn't done soon.

reds don't pull in near the money some other clubs do
Reply/Quote
Who would have thought that of the two sports team owners in Cincinnati that Mike Brown was the smart one?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: reds don't pull in near the money some other clubs do

Being totally irrelevant for 4 years and working on 5 now doesn't put fans butts in seats like other clubs do either.
Reply/Quote
A accumulation of things wrong with the Reds IMHO. Pitching is deplorable,hitting is Marginal at best,no chemistry between the players, and Castillini trying to become wealthier at the fans expense! Get rid of Votto,and Bailey for a start!
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 02:39 PM)firstand10 Wrote: A accumulation of things wrong with the Reds IMHO. Pitching is deplorable,hitting is Marginal at best,no chemistry between the players, and Castillini trying to become wealthier at the fans expense! Get rid of Votto,and Bailey for a start!

votto and bailey's contracts are what ruined the reds from the get go. if you need more proof look at the royals. they went the same as we did just a little different. not spending vs. spending and failing.

oh yeah forgot they went and won 2 pennants plus a world title with at least one of our pitchers.... imagine that.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: reds don't pull in near the money some other clubs do

this would be a wise response if i didn't live in kansas city. you know they won the world series just a couple years ago? does anyone here live outside cincinnati? (rhetorical question) they also did it with at least one red on their team? and now you're gonna have fc cincinnati....soccer anyone?
Reply/Quote
Not an MLS fan at all. Still like baseball. Hope the Reds can at least end the season on a decent note.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote