Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is your favorite Bengals play?
(05-20-2018, 10:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Peko taking out Polamalu as a FB.
2. Benson hammering Polamalu.
3. The Sanu TD pass vs Redskins.
4. Any Jeff Blake rainbow.
5. PDub's punt return vs KC.

There's so many. It's tough to pick one.

(05-20-2018, 11:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I forgot about that one, but since you mention that, I'll throw out when Ray Lewis ripped Chad's head off, and he still made the catch and popped right up chirping in Ray's ear.

The Benson hit is impossible to find apparently

The Sanu TD video was posted by Fan in Kettering

Here's the beginning of Blake-mania, when Blake led us to a win over Seattle with 387 yards passing. Actual footage from this era is rare, so it's worth checking out despite the poor quality. At the 6:05 mark, you can see the moment where Pickens and Darnay realize they may have something special going with Blake. At the 11:05 mark, after killing the Seahawks with short to medium passes all day, Blake takes it over the top for a 76 yard gain to Darnay Scott, which led to the game-winning FG.

The entire video of the upset over 9-0 KC. It's all worth watching if you're interested in seeing a fiery Kitna, the Dillon/Rudi tag team, a young Marvin Lewis, Justin Smith and even Morten Anderson still kicking for KC. The PDub punt return is at the 1:14:45 mark:

Ray hit on Chad:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 11:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I forgot about that one, but since you mention that, I'll throw out when Ray Lewis ripped Chad's head off, and he still made the catch and popped right up chirping in Ray's ear.

Everyone talks about Chad like he was just a clown but man him in 09 was something special. It's a shame him and Palmer didn't have enough that year on offense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 01:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Everyone talks about Chad like he was just a clown but man him in 09 was something special. It's a shame him and Palmer didn't have enough that year on offense.

Coles was a collosal flop and I think that's the year Reggie Kelly got hurt in training camp.

Chad made his last Pro Bowl, but it was pretty much just him and Henry (for 6-7 games).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2018, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must add one:

When Chad took a knee in the San Diego game after Henry's death.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we are talking about one certain type of play this would have to be it.

Boomer was the best at play action fakes.  I don't know if he was the one who invented sticking an empty hand in the RBs belly while hiding the ball on his hip but he was the one who perfected it.  And it was so effective because we had a dominating run game.  Number one in the league in '88 when Boomer won his MVP.

Ditto on Wyche and Fredtoast takes on Boomers play action passes.  Dude was a magician hiding the football.  The tackle eligible passes to Munoz were pretty cool too!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It happened right in front of my seat when Polamalu squared up Ced Benson for a big time hit that he soon wished he had not tried to deliver.

Benson trucked him !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Got to admit, Peko trucking Polamalu as a fullback on goal line was epic as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 01:12 PM)jason Wrote: Vontaze Burfict's game sealing interception in the 2015 playoffs. My 2 month old daughter was asleep just a few feet away from me, and slept thru my celebration. I remember I never sat back down after that.

She also slept thru me sulking away to the garage for a cigarette moments later.

This is mine cause it was the biggest stage and we should of won against the team i cannot stand.

Also loved the Palmer TD to Caldwell against the Steelers. Loved watching them pout against us.

Reggie intercepting the Pig was a great one too to seal a game.

The end of the game play against the Packers was great when Terrance Newman picked up the fumble and ran it in
to clinch the game sure was wild. This was a great game that just went back and forth.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is mine cause it was the biggest stage and we should of won against the team i cannot stand.

Also loved the Palmer TD to Caldwell against the Steelers. Loved watching them pout against us.

Reggie intercepting the Pig was a great one too to seal a game.

The end of the game play against the Packers was great when Terrance Newman picked up the fumble and ran it in
to clinch the game sure was wild. This was a great game that just went back and forth.

I forgot about that Newman TD... That whole game was crazy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The trifecta plays of 2012 (iirc on the year). Bengals vs Steelers. Win gets us the playoffs, and kicks the Steelers out. The game was an incredibly ugly 10-10 game. We punt the ball with 45 seconds left. We figure the game is going to OT or the Steelers will pull something off as would tend to happen in Bengals history. A few plays happen and then...

Then 3 consecutive plays from every unit happen that shows the team means business. Ben Roethlesberger scrambles for a while and throws downfield. PICK by Reggie Nelson. We are at about midfield with 14 seconds left. Andy takes the snap and throws an absolute strike to AJ on a corner route that gains 20 yards as he gets out of bounds with 6 seconds left. Finally Josh Brown absolutely nails a 43 yard field goal to crush the Steelers' hopes.

That was a moment where I thought we were really changed as a franchise. Then the next 5 years happened and everything is the same but I was happy then
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 05:03 PM)jason Wrote: I forgot about that Newman TD... That whole game was crazy.

I have been to 3 Bengals games and they were all nuts. Bengals-Texans in 2011 when they beat us by 1 point on a last second TD, that Packers game with more insane things happening than any game I've ever seen, and the tie against Carolina. So I'm 1-1-1 as a visiting fan. 

The Packers game had it all though. About 8 turnovers, insane game runs (14-0 to 14-28 to 34-28), and that weird ass 4th down TD by Newman
Reply/Quote
Great thread...
Reply/Quote
Also would like to mention the ENTIRE Browns game in '14, where Manziel made his first start.

I think the only play that was frustrating was when Andy threw a great ball over the middle to Hewitt, that was picked by Craig Robertson because he turned into Vince Carter and got tall enough.

Otherwise, it was a wonderfully-fun game to watch!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 01:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Also would like to mention the ENTIRE Browns game in '14, where Manziel made his first start.

I think the only play that was frustrating was when Andy threw a great ball over the middle to Hewitt, that was picked by Craig Robertson because he turned into Vince Carter and got tall enough.

Otherwise, it was a wonderfully-fun game to watch!

The funniest part of that game was Manziel using his hands to show me the money and the defense showed him the turf.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 02:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The funniest part of that game was Manziel using his hands to show me the money and the defense showed him the turf.

the defense was doing that money thing the whole game lol

I remember at half time the announcers saying the need to get manziel out of the pocket..

Coach was like  Manziel needs to stay in the pocket lol

I used the love the mailing of pepto to other teams DBs by Ocho... (not really a play though)
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 05:03 PM)jason Wrote: I forgot about that Newman TD... That whole game was crazy.

Yeah it was, one of my favorite Bengal games of all time. Also loved the Seahawks game when we came back
and beat them after they were the Superbowl champs. One hell of a game also.
Reply/Quote
I'm old school so nothing will ever top seeing Isaac Curtis and his signature over the shoulder spike. He was amazing.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=isaac+curtis+bengals&&view=detail&mid=5174D5DCDA1E8412E5A85174D5DCDA1E8412E5A8&&FORM=VRDGAR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jim O.  Here is a good lesson on what it is like to be a Bengal fan.

In 2006 if we win either one of our last two games we make the playoffs.

Game 15 against the Broncos.  Down 17-10 Bengals get the ball at their own ten with less than 4 minutes left to play.  Palmer hits Houshmandzadeh for 22 yards on fourth and 9 at midfield.  then with 43 seconds left he hits Housh again over the middle for a 10 yard td........We botch the XP and lose by one

Game 16 against the Steelers.  Tied 17-17 with less than a minute to go Palmer hits Chris henry for 57 yards to the Steelers 20.  We run down the clock nd then miss a chip shot 39 yd FG.  Lose in over time.

Just like the recent epic playoff meltdown against the Steelers the Bengals made huge clutch plays late in the game that filled their fans with pride.  But they still found ways to blow it at the end.

Shank Graham?
Reply/Quote
Maybe not my all time favorite, because my memories not what it used to be, but ONE of my favorites was Dalton's first career TD reception. Sanu throws it and it looks like Daltons' about to get absolutely leveled, only for him to make the catch and waltz on in to the endzone. I don't think I've ever been so RELIEVED after a score. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The final drive when Brett Favre was trying to drive the Packers to a game winning score, and some fan steals the ball from him. And a couple plays later when the defense intercepts Brett to seal the game. That was a magical 2005 season, only to end in disappointment. But I sure thought that season was a turning point for the franchise as it was happening.
Reply/Quote