Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is your favorite Bengals play?
When Sam Wyche took the public address microphone and screamed......"YOU DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND..........."
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah it was, one of my favorite Bengal games of all time. Also loved the Seahawks game when we came back
and beat them after they were the Superbowl champs. One hell of a game also.

The funny thing is they lost to the Browns right after that Green Bay game. Then they beat the Pats the following week.

That Seahawks game was great. I remember Nuge tying it as time expired... No time outs... Nothing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe not my all time favorite, because my memories not what it used to be, but ONE of my favorites was Dalton's first career TD reception. Sanu throws it and it looks like Daltons' about to get absolutely leveled, only for him to make the catch and waltz on in to the endzone. I don't think I've ever been so RELIEVED after a score. lol

Blidi Wreh-Wilson should have been kicked out of the NFL after that. He messed up that play in every way possible
Reply/Quote
Peter Warrick's punt return in 2003 to knock of undefeated Chiefs team. Loudest I've ever heard PBS. Also was beginning of the end of the 90s-early 2000s futility.
Reply/Quote
Neil O'Donnell fake spike TD to beat his former team which happened to be the Steelers. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

[Image: 101298pickenstd_600x421.jpg]
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 03:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nelson taking out Bell ranks pretty high up there with me.

I just remembered one... Rudi Johnson at the goal line meets up with Ray Lewis head to head and Rudi forces his way in.  Loved that one.  
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 10:33 PM)jason Wrote: The funny thing is  they lost to the Browns right after that Green Bay game. Then they beat the Pats the following week.

That Seahawks game was great. I remember Nuge tying it as time expired... No time outs... Nothing.

To be honest I gave up that game.  But we came back and thought the scores were some type of prank.  
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 12:37 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Neil O'Donnell fake spike TD to beat his former team which happened to be the Steelers. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

[Image: 101298pickenstd_600x421.jpg]

We had more wins against the Steelers in the 90's than over the last 15 years. At least it seems that way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 01:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

The Benson hit is impossible to find apparently

The Sanu TD video was posted by Fan in Kettering

Here's the beginning of Blake-mania, when Blake led us to a win over Seattle with 387 yards passing. Actual footage from this era is rare, so it's worth checking out despite the poor quality. At the 6:05 mark, you can see the moment where Pickens and Darnay realize they may have something special going with Blake. At the 11:05 mark, after killing the Seahawks with short to medium passes all day, Blake takes it over the top for a 76 yard gain to Darnay Scott, which led to the game-winning FG.

The entire video of the upset over 9-0 KC. It's all worth watching if you're interested in seeing a fiery Kitna, the Dillon/Rudi tag team, a young Marvin Lewis, Justin Smith and even Morten Anderson still kicking for KC. The PDub punt return is at the 1:14:45 mark:

Ray hit on Chad:

There's the Corey Dillon rookie rushing record game in the mix there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdU4trhNbvc

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's the Corey Dillon rookie rushing record game in the mix there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdU4trhNbvc

Before even watching I know that it was 246 yards against the Oilers. What a game. Fun year with Boomer's return and Dillon's emergence (they kinda coincided...Ki-Jana started all of Blake's games).

EDIT: This video is really worth a watch. Aside from Dillon's record, you get to see:

- Boomer and the dynamic between he and Blake (Blake took the benching with class)
- Von OelHoffen and Dan Wilkinson starting on the d-line (we were running 3-4 with LeBeau back then)
- Coslet spitting on the sideline as usual
- Young Jeff Fisher and Steve McNair (rip)
- Braham and Willie on the o-line
- Pickens and Scott still in their primes
- Solid secondary with Ambrose and the underrated Sam Shade
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 10:33 PM)jason Wrote: The funny thing is  they lost to the Browns right after that Green Bay game. Then they beat the Pats the following week.

We looked like a contender for sure in that game against Seattle. Disciplined and with fight.

That was a slick set up and FG by the Nuge.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Before even watching I know that it was 246 yards against the Oilers. What a game. Fun year with Boomer's return and Dillon's emergence (they kinda coincided...Ki-Jana started all of Blake's games).

I followed college football even less back then. On top of that, I didn't live in Ohio so I was kinda detached from the the team. I'd never heard of Corey Dillon until that game. He became my favorite player instantly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We looked like a contender for sure in that game against Seattle. Disciplined and with fight.

That was a slick set up and FG by the Nuge.

You know we all thought Nugent was gonna .iss that kick... Or at the very least, time would expire before he got it off.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My favorite Bengal play is the QB taking a knee in the "victory formation".
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Before even watching I know that it was 246 yards against the Oilers. What a game. Fun year with Boomer's return and Dillon's emergence (they kinda coincided...Ki-Jana started all of Blake's games).

EDIT: This video is really worth a watch. Aside from Dillon's record, you get to see:

- Boomer and the dynamic between he and Blake (Blake took the benching with class)
- Von OelHoffen and Dan Wilkinson starting on the d-line (we were running 3-4 with LeBeau back then)
- Coslet spitting on the sideline as usual
- Young Jeff Fisher and Steve McNair (rip)
- Braham and Willie on the o-line
- Pickens and Scott still in their primes
- Solid secondary with Ambrose and the underrated Sam Shade

Yeah, a great game:

The right side of Brilz-Blackman/Goff-Willie was a truly underrated right side: Brilz NEVER got any kudos, despite being a very good C and Blackman was a nasty G.

Interesting seeing Braham at LG, while the mediocre Kevin Sargent is at LT; Rich did alright this game.

You can just see Boomer, commanding the offense: he was a born leader and a half and he still had a cannon in '97.

Brian Milne was out there for almost every play lol. Too bad we don't use FBs like that anymore.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Fondest memory for me was a Rodney Holman TD vs the Vikings in 1989.

I was listening on a transistor radio to the Armed Forces Network that we could pick up here in England - it was in the middle of the night here on Dec 25th and I was listening in the dark in the living room downstairs so as not to wake anybody.

He scored from 65 yards and I remember the commentator doing the whole 30-20-10-TOUCHDOWN thing. It was thrilling!

Sadly we lost the game and missed out on the playoffs IIRC, but that was a high point.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 05:25 PM)dnkw Wrote: Fondest memory for me was a Rodney Holman TD vs the Vikings in 1989.

I was listening on a transistor radio to the Armed Forces Network that we could pick up here in England - it was in the middle of the night here on Dec 25th and I was listening in the dark in the living room downstairs so as not to wake anybody.

He scored from 65 yards and I remember the commentator doing the whole 30-20-10-TOUCHDOWN thing. It was thrilling!

Sadly we lost the game and missed out on the playoffs IIRC, but that was a high point.

Good thing you were not watching on TV.  The Steelers were the team that made the playoffs because we lost that night, and they had a remote camera set up showing a bunch of Steelers watching the game and celebrating when we lost.

Pretty sure the Vikes were in the same situation.  If they lost then they missed the playoffs.

It was basically a playoff game on Monday night after every other team was through playing.
Reply/Quote
i only saw the Bengals run this play one time.....But I thought it was a great play....
A.J. is wide right....
Ross is in the left slot
Gio is the lone RB on A.D's right side....
Dalton is in the shotgun....makes a motion then Ross goes into motion....
runs under Dalton to the right side & Dalton takes the snap....
gio fakes right then runs left into the flat....
so at this point we have A.J. running down the right sideline....
Ross in the right flat, or Gio in the left flat....

the thought of Ross & Gio, w/ their speed being out in space imo is a real winner....

I think we should run this play at least 4 times a game....

could also include a TE across the middle or someone split out wide left....
the O-line just needs to block.... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 05:32 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: 2003 Bengals beat Pittsburgh with 18 seconds to go at Heinz Field, on a Kitna td pass to Schobel. I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, in the first year of the Marvin era.

I always thought that this game was the game where they finally "grew up". I yelled so loud after Schobel's TD, my dog peed on the floor. The "old" Bengals would have just given up after the Steelers taken the lead late in the game (a game they were losing until about a minute left). Instead, Kitna drives them down for a quick TD and they won. Kitna tore them up that day. They were 7-5 after that game after starting the season 1-4. They did choke against the Browns the last game of the year. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 03:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Stanford Jennings' kick return TD in Super Bowl XXIII.

Boomer's play fakes were always a thing of beauty.....and those flea flickers.

Mine too. I was sitting in the end zone and he ran directly at me.

Unfortunately Taylor caught the game winner right in front of me in that same end zone.
Reply/Quote