Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your go to thread on BENGALSBOARD
I find myself going to the JUNGLE NOISE thread. I don't have a lot of experience here. What is your go to thread on this forum? Are there any other threads with good information about the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
There usually isn't a single thread that users on here frequent. Sometimes there are the Megathreads that last for a few months. Besides those, threads seems to last a week or two on average.

If you enjoy learning about new college players that are coming in to the NFL, then we're coming upon the best time of the year for draft threads (these are in the "NFL Draft Central" forum, and not the Jungle Noise forum). They've already started and they'll only become more frequent as draft time approaches.

If you have any questions about how things work around here feel free to ask.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jungle Noise is a forum, that holds many individual threads. Just like Smack Talk is a different forum, with many individual threads in it.

Threads come and go, the Forum is the place where the threads are displayed.

Personally, I favor the Jungle Noise forum.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:36 PM)jorev5 Wrote: I find myself going to the JUNGLE NOISE thread.  I don't have a lot of experience here.  What is your go to thread on this forum?  Are there any other threads with good information about the Bengals?

Jungle noise is a good place to start if you are a Bengal fan.  

At this time of the year I tend to go to the draft central.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Jungle noise is a good place to start if you are a Bengal fan.  

At this time of the year I tend to go to the draft central.  

This pretty much. The season might end but football discussions do not.

Scouting college players has been a big pass time for my Dad and me. As long as I can remember my dad has kept notebooks of his player analysis'.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Thanks to this board setup, I no longer have a go-to forum. I always click on “view today’s posts” to read the latest.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:52 PM)Synric Wrote: This pretty much. The season might end but football discussions do not.

Scouting college players has been a big pass time for my Dad and me. As long as I can remember my dad has kept notebooks of his player analysis'.

Wow, have to admit that is pretty damn cool
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thanks to this board setup, I no longer have a go-to forum. I always click on “view today’s posts” to read the latest.

Same here.

Go to "view today's post" and it shows a variety of thread from all forums.

That way you can surf around to whatever is current.

It's better than using "view new posts" for me.

I'll view "smack talk" every once in a while but I find it quite lame that Steeler fans are on a Bengals message board.

I mean...  it's bad enough that we are obsessed by our own team. 

The fact that they need Bengals smack screams get a life.

And believe me...  they do need it.   Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Same here.

I'll view "smack talk" every once in a while but I find it quite lame that Steeler fans are on a Bengals message board.

Agreed.  I feel no need to go to a fansite of opposing fans, be it for football, hockey, or for any sport I enjoy, for the implicit reason of acting like a jerk.  I guess I could go and lambast Browns fans, reminding them how miserable their team is, how we own them and their record is pathetic against us, but, I wouldn't much like what that said about me.  I guess I can't understand an otherwise mature, functioning adult seeing that as being good fun, or having a need to do it.  But, free country and all.

Stop one for me is always Jungle Noise.  It is my initial source for Bengals news, as opposed to the Bengals site itself.  After reviewing threads there, making a response or two, I'll head off to the AFC North and Around the NFL forums to see what's up.  When I've gotten a good dose of football, I'll glance at Other Sports before finishing up with Klotsch, where you always find the interesting and unexpected.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Same here.

If you've ever paid a drop in visit to the Steelers message boards, you'd understand immediately why they come running to ours.  Not only is the board itself much better designed and easier to navigate, the quality of members on here is vastly superior.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:36 PM)jorev5 Wrote: I find myself going to the JUNGLE NOISE thread.  I don't have a lot of experience here.  What is your go to thread on this forum?  Are there any other threads with good information about the Bengals?

I was actually thinking this the other day. Is there another forum that isn't necessarily football but other interest like Reds, fishing, cars or golf?  I've been here for about 10 months, used to be on the old board and lost interest in trying to find where everyone went, but there are a lot of people on here that are interesting and seem like great people to know outside of football.

PS. I don't do politics
Reply/Quote
When i log on i just start at the nearest forum below Jungle Noise and work my way down, reading any one that has new posts in it (except the draft forum most times--i just click all read on that one) until i'm caught up. I always save JN for last since it has the most traffic. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 02:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you've ever paid a drop in visit to the Steelers message boards, you'd understand immediately why they come running to ours.  Not only is the board itself much better designed and easier to navigate, the quality of members on here is vastly superior.
No I haven't.  Don't think I ever will.

I do think SCS is a pretty funny dude outside of the d-bag association that usually comes along with being Steeleriffic.

His comments on board member pics on the old mothership were comedy gold!

That stuff made me cry from laughter!

Other than that it's pretty much trolling and after a while it just seems sad to me.

Don't get me wrong Sunset.  It's definitely unique feature and probably funnels a lot of negativity and trolling to a cleaner functioning board as a whole.

I just think it's kind of a sad obsession to punk another teams fans.

Like prank phone calls but you only have a limited amount of phone numbers.

It just gets old and tired.  Nothing fresh.  Thems old jokes son.

They really love the Squeelers so...

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 03:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was actually thinking this the other day. Is there another forum that isn't necessarily football but other interest like Reds, fishing, cars or golf?  I've been here for about 10 months, used to be on the old board and lost interest in trying to find where everyone went, but there are a lot of people on here that are interesting and seem like great people to know outside of football.

PS. I don't do politics

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Other-Sports
Quote:Discussion for MLB, NBA, NHL, MMA, Nascar, etc.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 03:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was actually thinking this the other day. Is there another forum that isn't necessarily football but other interest like Reds, fishing, cars or golf?  I've been here for about 10 months, used to be on the old board and lost interest in trying to find where everyone went, but there are a lot of people on here that are interesting and seem like great people to know outside of football.

PS. I don't do politics

Those tiny little letters, at the top of the page, the part that begins Bengals Message Board / Forums, click on that.  It will take you to see ALL of the various forums and sub-forums offered on this board.  There are plenty, some that people haven't even realized were even here.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My go-to forum has always been Jungle Noise. It's where I spend at least 90% of my time.
Reply/Quote
Rarely roam outside the Jungle personally.

But guess I am going to have to check out the "view today posts" option and see what all the fuss is about.

Sounds convenient.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

PS. I don't do politics

You might enjoy the Klotsch forum, where there are a wide variety of posts about anything from gaming, birthdays, to how to best barbecue meats. I often find it very relaxing, you won't find much tension in any of those threads, and they cover much more than sports! There is also a separate Reds forum that will be getting more posts soon!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 03:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Rarely roam outside the Jungle personally.

But guess I am going to have to check out the "view today posts" option and see what all the fuss is about.

Sounds convenient.

I think you might like it.  It makes it so much easier to find threads currently being talked about, across the spectrum of the entire board, a.k.a. lots of stuff that you never even knew that you'd be interested in chiming in about..  Cheers

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I used to be a JN and Draft forum poster only. Unfortunately I made the mistake of going into PnR and was absolutely stunned at the characters in there.

I did find out last night that I am actually one of many alts of some dude that lost his shit
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote