Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your interpretation on this?
Did anyone else notice @Bengals retweeted Hobson about "expect changes to the coaching staff in the next few days with Lewis returning for 2 more years". ?

2 ways to interpret this:

1. Marvin now has full or has at least gained more control and will make changes to maybe just maybe help us be successful

2. His assistants who are worth a penny will finally just leave and realize how much of a joke both he and the organization are.

**I pray that it is the #1.
Reply/Quote
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/lance-mcalister-20799901/episode/bengals-line-hr-3-1-2-18-28795293?cmp=android_share

According to lance, the podcast above discusses that issue. He mentions that there are "interesting comments" regarding Paul Alexander and Jack Del Rio. I haven't listened to the podcast because I don't have a subscription and don't feel like making one.

Those who do have a subscription, have at it. Please post a quick recap if you can. It'd be much appreciated.
Reply/Quote
Marvin said the coaching staff was one of the "complications" surrounding his return. But he wouldn't get into specifics (and rightfully so) at that moment, instead saying he needed his situation handled first.

He told the team site (Hobson/Bengals.com - the only outlet he spoke to on Tuesday) that he liked what Lazor did as OC. I believe he'd like Guenther back, but I believe he's ready for Guenther to leave.

After that - every single coach is a free agent. Maybe some want to move on? Maybe Marvin wants to move on from some? I think everything is on the table regarding that. It starts with the coordinators, so I can see him trying to lock in Lazor if he feels that's the right thing to do. I would think expect Lazor to have a say in who the position coaches are. Same with the DC on down. It's a rare opportunity to rebuild a staff. I do know they like some of the position coaches, but at this point, those guys have the right to explore other opportunities also.

Hopefully we'll get some clarity tomorrow.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
We could take stabs in the dark all day from now until the final staff is set, but that's not going to win games. I'm pretty sure Marvin isn't staying awake all night wondering what's being said on thebengalsboard.com especially from the Marvin sucks faction.. On the other hand, maybe he decided to stay just to stick it to that faction.. That would be a rather interesting press release. 
For immediate release: Marvin Lewis has decided to stick it to the Marvin sucks faction of thebengalsboard.com by signing a new 2 year contract!  No further information will be made available till the end of time.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:31 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Marvin said the coaching staff was one of the "complications" surrounding his return. But he wouldn't get into specifics (and rightfully so) at that moment, instead saying he needed his situation handled first.

He told the team site (Hobson/Bengals.com - the only outlet he spoke to on Tuesday) that he liked what Lazor did as OC. I believe he'd like Guenther back, but I believe he's ready for Guenther to leave.

After that - every single coach is a free agent. Maybe some want to move on? Maybe Marvin wants to move on from some? I think everything is on the table regarding that. It starts with the coordinators, so I can see him trying to lock in Lazor if he feels that's the right thing to do. I would think expect Lazor to have a say in who the position coaches are. Same with the DC on down. It's a rare opportunity to rebuild a staff. I do know they like some of the position coaches, but at this point, those guys have the right to explore other opportunities also.

To be honest the idea that they like ANY of the position coaches is disturbing. The consistently poor technical play of our offensive linemen plus his lobbying for incredibly bad linemen such as Bodine and (lest we forget) Ghiacuc should mark Paul Alexander as a mandatory exit. You can also look at how our receivers have technique issues, secondary constantly letting opposing receivers get wide open and so on. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:31 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Marvin said the coaching staff was one of the "complications" surrounding his return. But he wouldn't get into specifics (and rightfully so) at that moment, instead saying he needed his situation handled first.

Do you have any idea on what will happen with Paul Alexander? Exactly how close are Paul and Mike Brown? 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:53 AM)Joelist Wrote: To be honest the idea that they like ANY of the position coaches is disturbing. The consistently poor technical play of our offensive linemen plus his lobbying for incredibly bad linemen such as Bodine and (lest we forget) Ghiacuc should mark Paul Alexander as a mandatory exit. You can also look at how our receivers have technique issues, secondary constantly letting opposing receivers get wide open and so on. 

If Marvin is able to push Piano Man out the door, that would definitely lessen the sting of his re-signing for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:05 AM)treee Wrote: If Marvin is able to push Piano Man out the door, that would definitely lessen the sting of his re-signing for me.

With a semi-competent owner, Lewis would be out the proverbial exit along side him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:11 AM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: With a semi-competent owner, Lewis would be out the proverbial exit along side him. 

all i want to know is what movie that GIF came from? LOL
Reply/Quote
so are we saying we can blame 15 years of blowing leads on whoever the latest assistants are?

I call BS on that. How many 17-0, 17-3 leads are we giving up before someone recognizes the common thread?

We are the only fan base that knows a 2 td lead at half time means we're in for another loss.

#marvinball
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:05 AM)treee Wrote: If Marvin is able to push Piano Man out the door, that would definitely lessen the sting of his re-signing for me.

I'm sure there is a forklift out there big enough for the job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Oh boy. Teams better watch out for that high-octane, Bill Lazor offense!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Lazor has not been given a chance. He had to come in after the start of the season and try to change things on offense that were ingrained during OTA's a camp. I think he did a respectable job. I'd be for giving him a year to implement his own schemes from the start....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lazor has not been given a chance. He had to come in after the start of the season and try to change things on offense that were ingrained during OTA's a camp. I think he did a respectable job. I'd be for giving him a year to implement his own schemes from the start....

Eh... I don't know. Lazor was atrocious with the Dolphins. I have a few dolphin fans who laughed their asses off when we fired Zampese to promote him, saying we actually traded down and made the OC position worse. Now obviously, that did not turn out to be the case (although finishing dead last is not a ringing endorsement). Though I guess he was handcuffed by Marvin and Paul Alexander's "brilliant" personel packages. Sounds like Lazor was the only guy who wanted to give Mixon more carries in the second half of the first steeler game  Whatever

Still, I think id rather move on from Lazor and see what else is out there.
Reply/Quote
Lap said there’s a strong possibility of Del Rio coming, he also said possibly Capers (no!!!!!!!)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Changing the sheets when the mattress is full of bedbugs and claiming it's a clean slate isn't going to fool me. Maybe you guys.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Changing the sheets when the mattress is full of bedbugs and claiming it's a clean slate isn't going to fool me. Maybe you guys.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me fifteen times...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:56 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lap said there’s a strong possibility of Del Rio coming, he also said possibly Capers (no!!!!!!!)

Im all for Del Rio.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:24 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im all for Del Rio.

At least maybe he'd be left alone to run his own defense the way he wants, like Zim and not have Head Clown's chicken shit footprints all over it, like Paulie.

Reply/Quote
If we have to have the same garbage head coach, the least we can do is get rid of all the garbage assistant coaches. So here's hoping we clean house and start from scratch from OC/DC on down.
Reply/Quote