Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Package Trade?
(03-05-2017, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that IF we were going DE...that would be a great trade.

This.  I looked at the trade value charts.  Assuming Cleveland would be willing to trade their first pick in the second and third round for McCarron, I used those values and added the value of our 9.  It still wasn't close to the overall 1.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Cleveland will keep the #1 pick and select Watson the Clemson QB. Hue will want to develop his own future QB. AJ is staying in Cincinnati another year as backup QB. However, we never know what Cleveland will do.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
If the Browns took that they would be the biggest idiots in NFL history. I would take that trade in a second. But there would be about 2 more picks we'd have to give the browns
Reply/Quote
Browns are supposedly going after Tyrod Taylor. The rumor mill is churning hard and I've yet to hear any rumors involving McCarron. Is it possible that many have overestimated his value based on 3 decent starts and something Dave Lapham said? I think it's very possible no one is interested in handing the keys of a franchise (along with good draft picks) to Mac.

Fwiw, I've already seen rumors involving Romo, Cousins, Taylor, Kaepernick and even Mike Glennon. Cutler will get a starting gig somewhere, as there are not 32 QBs better than him. Then you have at least 5 guys in the draft that are viewed as top prospects. There are only so many teams looking for a QB. I think it's fully possible that Mac stays a Bengal due to lack of interest. Especially at whatever price the Bengals are asking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 10:16 AM)corpjet Wrote: Would you trade AJ McCaron and the #9 pick to Cleveland for their #1 pick and the chance to grab Myles Garret?

Is their enough in that package or would we have to give up another pick?

If we trade AJM, I want more picks, not just a higher pick.  This draft is loaded with talent at LB, DE, TE, WR, RB, and G that can really help set this team up for a long time.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote