Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What needs to happen
When the final game of this season is over, what needs to happen to get this team to a Super Bowl is:
1) Mike Brown immediately relinquishes FULL control of all aspects of the Bengals to Katie Blackburn.

2) Katie fires every single coach.

3) Katie hires a General Manager and gives him or her full control over the coaching staff and player roster - I would be fine with Duke Tobin as GM for now

4) GM hires Bill Cowher or similar coach - a proven winner that holds EVERYONE accountable including the refs

5) Expand the scouting department; don't rely so heavily on coaches doing the scouting

6) Use free agency fill holes in the roster

7) Use draft for depth purposes

8) ???

9) Profit or win Super Bowl

Thoughts?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Fully agree !

But it's just a dream that will never happen - unfortunately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No part of my response is meant to be smart assed, but I cannot see even one of those things happening. Not a single one...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: No part of my response is meant to be smart assed, but I cannot see even one of those things happening.  Not a single one...

Oh, I know it's not gonna happen. But it needs to if we want to seriously contend for a title.

If we go into next season with the only difference being that we have some new players, then I fully expect less wins next season than what we'll have at the end of this one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When the final game of this season is over, what needs to happen to get this team to a Super Bowl is:
1) Mike Brown immediately relinquishes FULL control of all aspects of the Bengals to Katie Blackburn.

2) Katie fires every single coach.

3) Katie hires a General Manager and gives him or her full control over the coaching staff and player roster - I would be fine with Duke Tobin as GM for now

4) GM hires Bill Cowher or similar coach - a proven winner that holds EVERYONE accountable including the refs

5) Expand the scouting department; don't rely so heavily on coaches doing the scouting

6) Use free agency fill holes in the roster

7) Use draft for depth purposes

8) ???

9) Profit or win Super Bowl

Thoughts?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Have you not read rfaulks thread yet? We need that to change first.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Yeaaaaah.....and I want to suck on Kate Upton's nipples.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It all should happen and would happen in any other NFL team - in 2010 or after the playoff loss last season.

They have beaten the Steelers TWICE at Paul Brown since 2003.

Do you think Harbaugh will be at Michigan if he doesn't beat OSU at home at least once in the next two or three years.

Would any college team or any other NFL team keep a coach with an 0-7 record in bowl games or the playoffs.

Mediocrity and familiarity govern this franchise- not the pursuit of excellence.

Paul brown would never ever have put up with this constant record of failure, ultra conservative play calling whenever we get a lead, failure to counter other team's adjustments in second half and consistent meltdowns whenever under pressure.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh, I know it's not gonna happen. But it needs to if we want to seriously contend for a title.

If we go into next season with the only difference being that we have some new players, then I fully expect less wins next season than what we'll have at the end of this one.

Agreed,

There's zero doubt in my mind if we go into next season with the status quo it's 8-8 at best.

That is if we retain this pitiful coaching staff. MB does his normal bargain basement free agency. And we continue to rely on the draft to fill holes. There's just no way, and it's sad for this core of good players.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: No part of my response is meant to be smart assed, but I cannot see even one of those things happening.  Not a single one...

I can see the draft being used for depth, that sounds extremely realistic...even if the depth is better than the starters it'll still be depth sitting on the bench 
Reply/Quote
What makes you think that Katie would have a significantly different philosophy than MB?

Are you aware of group think? It's basically when you work with people and are so close that you start to think like them.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeaaaaah.....and I want to suck on Kate Upton's nipples.

Meh its overrated.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What makes you think that Katie would have a significantly different philosophy than MB?

Are you aware of group think? It's basically when you work with people and are so close that you start to think like them.

A while back, an article came out where Katie gave a rare interview. She acknowledged that she wasn't the smartest when it came to personnel choices, so she'd be in favor of hiring a GM. I'm not sure if her feelings about that have changed or not, but it's a glimmer of hope.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:02 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I can see the draft being used for depth, that sounds extremely realistic...even if the depth is better than the starters it'll still be depth sitting on the bench 

True, I was thinking of the draft being used after activity in free agency.  I had them tied together and not two different actions.
Reply/Quote