Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What now?
While it hasn’t been surprising that the Bengals stayed away from the top outside Free Agents and were dumb enough to bring Hart back (though at what cost still surprised) what do we think are possible moves next? The market has started to come around a little more. I could still see Eifert and Dennard in house as options along with possibly Jared Cook depending on price (he is older) and maybe a middle tier linebacker if we are lucky.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Eifert gets re-signed at some point, and they'll continue to keep an eye on Dennard as well (which I think it was you meant to say, unless we've got Danish players I'm unaware of heheh). Brown is also a strong possibility to re-sign IMO, though I bet they grab another LB too.

I bet they do something unexpected as well, be it a trade or pursuit of someone we didn't think they would go after.
Reply/Quote
Never mind...we had to get our 1 down linebacker back at 7 million per year. This team has lost its mind.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
The Browns just added OBJ.

The countered our Bobby Hart signing! Well played Browns.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Browns just added OBJ.

The countered our Bobby Hart signing! Well played Browns.

Browns upgrade and Bengals double-down on sucking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We all know that Duke is stupid and the Brown family is absolute trash. However if by some miracle they all vanished into dust avengers style and one of us became GM how would you salvage this shit show of an off season.
For me
Cut Vontaz with the June first destination cut. Use the extra money to sign Dennard
Trade a 5th Rd pick to the Jets for WLB Derron Lee.
Sign Eifert when healthy he is a difference maker
Start Westerman over Redmond
Trade down in the first to get an extra second thinking Titans as a logical partner. Maybe even trade down with another team after that to get a third.
In Draft first 4 picks thinking OT, LB, TE, BPA
Honestly I think our core is still high level Dalton, Mixon, Green, Boyd, Jackson, Bates, Dunlap, Atkins, Hubbard, Williams, and Lawson I would take that core and line them up with any in the NFL. With that being said the surrounding pieces are mostly crap especially on the offensive Line and LB position. Still can't believe the deals for either Brown or Hart.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
JN is quickly becoming unreadable.

Folks "hated" Denny on the motherboard, but he kept the ridiculous in check.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: JN is quickly becoming unreadable.

We signed the worst starting LB and the Worst RT to extensions what's there to be positive about Bfine.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We signed the worst starting LB and the Worst RT to extensions what's there to be positive about Bfine.

That you have an NFL team to root for. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Some will always back the Bengals no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That you have an NFL team to root for. 

Do we?
J24

Reply/Quote
Expecting a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 27 years and counting to make good decisions is your 1st issue.

Of course they'll attribute a 6-10 season to bad luck and injuries.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Some will always back the Bengals no matter what.

The whole offseasons has been a debacle.

Pollack walking away. Hiring an inexperienced coach with poor track records everywhere except the Rams. Not being able to find a DC.

The Homers dont care. It's all sunshine and Roses to them.
Reply/Quote

It's pretty nuts, honestly.  I remember a lot of people being excited when we signed Brown last year and some complaining that he only got a 1 year deal.  He gets hurt the first game and now he's the worst LB in the NFL all of a sudden.

The season is apparently already over and FA hasn't even started.  We're still in the "legal tampering" period until 4:00 tomorrow.
Reply/Quote

Alot of great posters are gone...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We're one for two. Brown is a good LB but Hart is the worst RT in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
To answer the ops question, just win in the regular season baby
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:01 AM)Synric Wrote: Alot of great posters are gone...

And who can blame em?

Next to nothing left in Free Agency to get excited about that we'd have a chance at.

I guess hope for a good draft and that the coaching staff is more competent than management?

I won't hold my breath. 

For all the people upset that people are complaining you need to understand something. People were excited that we brought in a new coach, thought maybe things were changing, but the thing is they are not and will not until we have new ownership and I don't think Katie and crew are gonna be much better, so good luck with that.

Then throw on top of that the Browns making great moves the last 2 offseasons and us giving contracts to guys like Bobby Hart, as well as being silent in free agency. You have to admit that the excitement people had is leaving because they are realizing a new coach isn't gonna be enough for this team to take the next step with management is holding us back.
Reply/Quote
Yeah and really a new coach and new era. You can only hope to find chemistry. And let it click.
Yeah a lot of great posters have left. It is called life that gets in the way.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
To hell with this off-season and the regular season too. Bengals got worse in free agency while Browns just put a stranglehold on the AFC North for the foreseeable future. It’s time to rebuild offensive line and start tanking-for-Tua, or if that don’t work, tank-twice-for-Trevor. Trade AJ for a first or second rounder, and Dalton for a second or third rounder, and rebuild the offensive line for the next QB. Worst thing they can do is go 7-9 next 2 years and fail to get a impact QB in draft.
Reply/Quote