Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player was your biggest disappointment this year.
Josh Malone.....Watched him play in college. He is a great athlete with good ball skills. But we were paper thin at WR this year and he did nothing.

Alex Redmond....Like Malone he had no history of being productive in the NFL, but he seemed like the type of guy that just needed "polish" coming out of college. He is supposedly up there with Geno and Boling as the strongest guy on the team, and they also talked about his "nasty streak". But he did not do much of anything to impress me.

Burfict....One of my favorite players. Looked "flat" this year. With his latest concussion I don't expect anything special out of him ever again.

Ross was a disappointment, but I was kind of afraid he would struggle.

Some people will say Lawson, but according to an new ESPN pass rush stat called "win rate" Lawson was #2 in the league in beating his blocker even though he only had one sack before getting injured. Lawson and Hubbard could be the building blocks of our future defense.

Some people will also say William Jackson, but he has played great before and was not injured in 2018. I am guessing it was more about the defensive scheme that made everyone look bad than a lack of skill on Jacksons part.
Reply/Quote
Offense: Billy Price
Defense: William Jackson III
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I was excited about Jordan Evans year two because of his size and speed but he was a huge disappointment.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Josh Malone.....Watched him play in college.  He is a great athlete with good ball skills.  But we were paper thin at WR this year and he did nothing.

Alex Redmond....Like Malone he had no history of being productive in the NFL, but he seemed like the type of guy that just needed "polish" coming out of college.  He is supposedly up there with Geno and Boling as the strongest guy on the team, and they also talked about his "nasty streak".  But he did not do much of anything to impress me.

Burfict....One of my favorite players.  Looked "flat" this year.  With his latest concussion I don't expect anything special out of him ever again.

Ross was a disappointment, but I was kind of afraid he would struggle.

Some people will say Lawson, but according to an new ESPN pass rush stat called "win rate" Lawson was #2 in the league in beating his blocker even though he only had one sack before getting injured.  Lawson and Hubbard could be the building blocks of our future defense.

Some people will also say William Jackson, but he has played great before and was not injured in 2018.  I am guessing it was more about the defensive scheme that made everyone look bad than a lack of skill on Jacksons part.

Your selections of Malone, Redmond, and Burfict were some of mine as well.
I also was disappointed in Willis. I had him as a darkhorse after a full offseason and strong preseason. I think he bulked up too much and it affected him in a negative way (think ascended Super Saiyan).
Last, I was disappointed that Westerman didn't become a starter, but I don't think it was anything he did or didn't do well in games in particular. I still think he deserves a shot to start somewhere on the interior of this OL.

EDIT - Price disappointed me too. He wasn't my favorite C prospect but I thought he still would have been (much) better than he has to this point. I'm no longer able to watch Bengals games on local TV since early October nor do I pay for Sunday Ticket, so I haven't been able to watch that much of him in particular. I've been mainly going off what I've seen reported online and what games I have been able to catch on TV without the ability to rewind.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Probably Carl Lawson because he got hurt and didn't really get a chance to become what I think he can be (Cameron Wake).
Reply/Quote
Malik Jefferson. Plays at an area of weakness and just wasn't ready. Might be a bust as a third rounder.
Reply/Quote
Offense - Price/Redmond. I thought Billy would struggle as a rookie but not as much as he did. Redmond showed promise last season but he is actually pretty bad.

I almost said Ross, but I don't think Lazor uses him correctly. I'm hoping a new HC will fix that.

Defense - Burfict. He is slow/out of shape and most plays he looks like he doesn't care anymore. I think the concussions are taking their tole on him and I hope for his well being that he retires.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Offense: Billy Price
Defense: William Jackson III

Price only played center one season in college and he was recovering from an injury in college.  I thought he might struggle as a rookie.

Jackson was a big disappointment, but I still think he can be a top CB if we get a better DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Price only played center one season in college and he was recovering from an injury in college.  I thought he might struggle as a rookie.

Jackson was a big disappointment, but I still think he can be a top CB if we get a better DC.

Yeah.  My disappointment has more to do with the kind of expectations I had for them. A bit of it is more my fault than it is theirs.

With Price, I do understand that he missed a good chunk of time with injury that perhaps hampered his development, so I am not ready to throw in the towel yet.  But I expected him to come in and make an immediate impact and I was disappointed when that was clearly not the case.

I think WJ3 is our most talented CB, so the fact that he finished the season with zero interceptions is very disappointing.  Of course, none of our CBs had interceptions this season, but I guess I'd make WJ3 the face of the group considering I find him to be the best one we have. 

The NFL is all about pass-happy, high-powered offenses now. We are not going to survive if our secondary doesn't start producing more turnovers. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Eifert. It's just so disappointing he can't stay on the field because it's a much different offense with him out there.
Reply/Quote
Vontaze Burfict... The drop off in play is staggering. Willis is right behind him. I don't think Jackson was as bad as some people think. I think we sorta built him up to be Patrick Peterson or something. He looked like doo doo under Austin, but kinda rounded into form later in the season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap. every year he talks about the sack record.
then at seasons end he has less than 10.
he will have a monster game then be quiet for 3.

Vontaze Burfict. hasnt been quite the same since Zim left.
out of shape and gets blocked easily now

John Ross. still hasnt mastered the route tree. hands,are a issue
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn Billy Price the rest of the OLinr John Ross All of our LBs and CBs
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
John Ross.
Reply/Quote
#1 Burfict - I thought his return would have way more impact than it did.

#2 Glenn - He was no where near the anchor at LT I thought he would be.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:26 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Cordy Glenn 

I should add him to my list.

8th highest paid OT in the league last year.
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson was expecting huge things from him.

On offense Price was kinda a disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:56 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Malik Jefferson.  Plays at an area of weakness and just wasn't ready.  Might be a bust as a third rounder.

Tough to make that determination honestly since we didn't see him actually on the field. He may not have been "ready" based on the opinions of Haslett/Marvin but that doesn't mean some other team would have felt the same.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: #1 Burfict - I thought his return would have way more impact than it did.

#2 Glenn - He was no where near the anchor at LT I thought he would be.

This.

I'll add Ross as well. I get he's got a particular skill-set that AD cannot maximize, but I thought he'd be a more well rounded WR than he is. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn, Billy Price & Burfict
Reply/Quote