Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player whose never been a NFL coach do you think would be a great position coach
So I’m not talking about HC, DC or OC.

This is admittedly a niche thread but i was inspired to make this because of the possibility we lose our WR coach Walters and the overwhelming support from Bengals fans on social media of hiring Chad Johnson or TJ Houshmandzadeh as his replacement.

To this I’ll say i am weary of trusting players that were really really good to be a coach. I know great players have occasionally been great coaches too but it’s rare.

To answer my own OP i will say Julian Edelman. I feel like he wasn’t athletically gifted or had anything that was special about his play, he was a regular dude that was just really good. To me I’d rather take a risk on that, than hiring a guy for name value or what he did as a player. If i really didn’t have a great pick of WR coaches I’d love Julian Edelman because i feel like he’d be valuable to EVERYONE. From Chase down to Trent Taylor. I feel like Chad’s advice would only be valid for Tee and Chase.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Jordan Palmer

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Am I crazy thinking Peyton manning would be an amazing coach if he wanted to do it? Which I don’t think he ever will. Still getting sponsorships and keeps himself on TV to keep up his exposure. Although Peyton would probably be a hard ass coach
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:46 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Am I crazy thinking Peyton manning would be an amazing coach if he wanted to do it? Which I don’t think he ever will. Still getting sponsorships and keeps himself on TV to keep up his exposure. Although Peyton would probably be a hard ass coach

Dude Peyton would probably be the worse QB coach ever lol

“Hey bro all you gotta do is diagnose the D pre snap then throw a laser to the hole in the zone. It’s easy”

Lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Corky Miller was a great baseball coach even though he was mainly a catcher in the minors. Someone like him would be good. Maybe Gronk. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 12:52 AM)Housh Wrote: Dude Peyton would probably be the worse QB coach ever lol

“Hey bro all you gotta do is diagnose the D pre snap then throw a laser to the hole in the zone. It’s easy”

Lol

I think he could coach I just think he'd be way too critical remembering him on the sidelines back when he played.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote