Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What players at 21 could impact this franchise right away?
It's about time the Bengals drafted a player in the 1st RD that can impact this team right out the gate.
A real difference maker.
I'm frankly tired of seeing the the Bengals draft guys in the 1st RD of late that contribute nothing come September....Cedric...Ross... (I think Jackson was injuried)
the Steeless get production out of their early picks..it's about time this happens in Cincy.
what players that possibly could be there at 21 could be ready to be difference makers ?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 02:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It's about time the Bengals drafted a player in the 1st RD that can impact this team right out the gate.
A real difference maker.
I'm frankly tired of seeing the the Bengals draft guys in the 1st RD of late that contribute nothing come September....Cedric...Ross... (I think Jackson was injuried)
the Steeless get production out of their early picks..it's about time this happens in Cincy.
what players that possibly could be there at 21 could be ready to be difference makers ?

Wynn or Hernandez
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 02:59 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Wynn or Hernandez

Ragnow, price, Daniels, mcglinchey.

Or if the inevitable happens and a top talent slides.

Barring complete bust, There is no reason that the pick at 21 shouldn’t be a contributor from day one. None.

Reply/Quote
One of the top 3 centers would have the quickest chance at playing time i would think. Unless someone already on the team steps up there. Which is possible but not likely.

I think we are still high on Evans and Vigil so a LB would have a battle to start even with Burfict suspended
Reply/Quote
Derwin James could by transforming our entire defense and giving us a playmaker at safety that can cover deep or play in the box, as well as cover tight ends/receivers/backs.

Geno on the line, Burfict at backer, few young corners, and James would complete it by giving us a playmaker on every level.

I was pulling for him badly but kind of abandoned the thought and now I'm thinking solely on line in the first two, but it would be great to get him in one and a center (Ragnow) in two.

Then a tackle later and hope that Pollack can coach-up our guards.
Reply/Quote
Hernandez....
guys a human bulldozer....
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 03:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Ragnow, price, Daniels, mcglinchey.

Or if the inevitable happens and a top talent slides.

Barring complete bust, There is no reason that the pick at 21 shouldn’t be a contributor from day one. None.

Yep,

The Impact this team desperately needs is a center. He's not gonna have a ton of stats to show, but a good one should make the stat makers have an easier time making em.

That's the impact we need !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wynn, Hernandez and Nelson (won't be there) would start immediately at RG.
McClinchey would start immediately at RT.
Ragnow, Price and Daniels would start immediately at Center (something to be said about the state of our Oline that this is what we're saying about 3 of the 5 positions).
Payne and Vita would start immediately beside Atkins.
Hurst or Taven Bryan would spell Atkins and play on passing downs beside Atkins.
Derwin James would start immediately at either safety position.
Roquan Smith, Leighton Vander Esch or Tremaine Edwards would start immediately at nearly any LB position not occupied by Burfict.
Rashaan Evans or Arden Key would immediately play as a LB on passing downs as a pass rusher.
Hayden Hurst, Mike Gesicki and perhaps Dallas Goedert would play in 2 TE sets and spell Eifert until he gets injured, then they'd start.

That's 20 players. 1 of those players is guaranteed to be there :). And that's not even including the QBs, RBs and WRs that will inevitably be taken in the top 20 picks.
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey paired with Glenn would be a complete revamp of the OT position and likely major talent upgrades. If Redmond and Westerman looked good next to Hopkins, Boling, and Ogbuehi, imagine how they'd look next to real OTs.

I think Roquan Smith or Evans would help, too. Having stud backers that are a little more predictable behaviorally than Tez would be a switch.

I feel like Vea and Payne might help, too. They guys next to Atkins have basically been adequate to bad for his tenure here. Imagine a legit stud paired with Geno in the middle.
Reply/Quote
A kicker.
Reply/Quote
Calvin Ridley

Will Hernandez
Reply/Quote
Hernandez. Instant pro bowl guard.
Reply/Quote
Honestly any interior O lineman is probably going to be the quickest path to relevancy due to the need. I could also see a Linebacker like a Rashaan Evans because he probably starts the first 4 weeks with Burfict out.
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey could start at Right Tackle immediately.

Ragnow/Daniels/or Price is starting Center from Day One.

Rashaan Evans starts at WILL while Burfict is suspended 4 games and shows that he deserves to play somewhere at Linebacker when Burfict comes back.

Other guys that could come in and play early and start but I don't think we are necessarily going to take include Right Guards in Hernandez and Wynn in the 1st or guys like Corbett or Smith in the 2nd or 3rd. I also think a versatile Safety like Justin Reid would play in a rotation and get a ton of snaps and then we could always look to find an upgrade at returner later in the draft, though I don't really have any names off the top of my head to throw out for that.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Most immediate impact will be OL. OL has 1-3 spots where an upgrade is needed immediately. Whichever player(s) from the draft fill(s) the spot(s), the snap count percentage should be 90+%. C is probably the best because RG has Westerman/Redmond/Hopkins competing for that spot still and RT has Fisher and Hart.

Argument could possibly be made for NT but that's still going to be less than 50% of total snaps unless that NT can also be very good rushing the passer to justify staying in on passing downs (unlikely).
A new shiny safety, LB, or DE won't get nearly that high percentage of snaps barring injuries to their position groups.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ragnow or any of the centers.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 02:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It's about time the Bengals drafted a player in the 1st RD that can impact this team right out the gate.
A real difference maker.

Ragnow, Wynn, Hernandez are the safest bets.

McGlinchey would still have to beat out Fisher which we do not know is a given.

Pretty safe to say Center and Guard would be no contest with a first round top pick.
Reply/Quote