Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What players did you select in at least 1 of your mocks?
A lot of us post multiple mocks throughout the year leading up to the draft. We typically pick a wide range of players as we do more research or things come up between the end of the previous draft and next year's draft.

From what you can recall throughout all of your mocks, what players did you select for the Bengals in at least one of them? It doesn't have to be the specific round, just the player himself.

For me, I successfully mocked John Ross, Joe Mixon, Jordan Willis, and Carl Lawson.
I also picked Josh Tupou as a late round selection and he ended up signing as an UDFA.

Not once did I pick Malone, Glasgow, Elliott, Dielman, Evans, Wilson, or Schreck.

How did you all do? (If you need help remembering, you can click your profile to view your latest threads then click "Find All of your Threads")
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A lot of us post multiple mocks throughout the year leading up to the draft. We typically pick a wide range of players as we do more research or things come up between the end of the previous draft and next year's draft.

From what you can recall throughout all of your mocks, what players did you select for the Bengals in at least one of them? It doesn't have to be the specific round, just the player himself.

For me, I successfully mocked John Ross, Joe Mixon, Jordan Willis, and Carl Lawson.
I also picked Josh Tupou as a late round selection and he ended up signing as an UDFA.

Not once did I pick Malone, Glasgow, Elliott, Dielman, Evans, Wilson, or Schreck.

How did you all do? (If you need help remembering, you can click your profile to view your latest threads then click "Find All of your Threads")

I got Joe Mixon and Jordan Willis from my prior mocks. Only two I got.

I'm liking the John Ross pick more and more now along with Carl Lawson.

Josh Malone can fly at 4.40 speed & may be helpful if Ross gets hurt.

Liking CB Brandon Wilson with 4.38 speed from what I understand.

“What you talkin bout Jordan Willis”

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: I got Joe Mixon and Jordan Willis from my prior mocks. Only two I got.

I'm liking the John Ross pick more and more now along with Carl Lawson.

Josh Malone can fly at 4.40 speed & may be helpful if Ross gets hurt.

Liking CB Brandon Wilson with 4.38 speed from what I understand.

“What you talkin bout Jordan Willis”

I never thought a second WR was feasible after LaFell was retained. But I like the selection to boost what many of us considered a weak position in terms of depth.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I never thought a second WR was feasible after LaFell was retained. But I like the selection to boost what many of us considered a weak position in terms of depth.

It is also Insurance if John Ross gets hurt.

Josh Malone with 4.40 speed plus Cody Core with 4.47 speed.

Say John Ross ends up being a 12 to 14 game per regular season guy by missing some games each year.

We can plug in some Speed while Ross is out.
Reply/Quote
I didn't post a final mock, but the only 2 that I would have gotten right were Ross and Mixon. It just seemed as the draft got closer that Ross was going to be the pick at #9 and if Mixon was there in round 2, we were taking him.

That being said, I would have never thought Willis and Lawson would have been there when they were drafted, so I didn't have them going to us.
Reply/Quote
I had elliot in a few of my mocks
Reply/Quote
I had Mixon, Willis, and Glasgow in a couple of mine. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I never posted my mock, but I got Ross, Mixon, and Lawson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mixon, Willis and Malone
Reply/Quote
Ross, Mixon and Evans.
Reply/Quote
In my final mock all I got was Ross. I had a hunch they'd go with Mixon, but I never mocked him because I didn't want him.

I mocked Willis before the combine, but in my final mock he wasn't there.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
A big ole zero, but I only did one mock in Feb.

This was a strange year for my likings for the first pick in particular. i must have had seven or eight people I would have considered for the 9th pick...way more than normal. Williams and Thomas were my original Oct thru Dec preferences but the list kept expanding. And in an odd finality I might have taken Allen when we were on the clock, who I never considered would be there.
Reply/Quote
Mixon, Willis, Elliott in some when Gonzales was already gone but not in the 5th.
Reply/Quote
I had Mixon in my that was it. I didn't want Ross tbh
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I got Mixon..

Not that its hard, but I got most of the positions and rounds right but not the players
Reply/Quote
Didn't post mine but I mocked Ross (only within the last month or so since before I wasn't high on him early on and wanted Williams). Willis, Malone, Glasgow, Elliot, Dielman (once early on in the process), and Wilson.

Malone and Wilson were in most of my mocks. (Asiata was in almost all of mine, wish we could have grabbed him too).
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Didn't post mine but I mocked Ross (only within the last month or so since before I wasn't high on him early on and wanted Williams). Willis, Malone, Glasgow, Elliot, Dielman (once early on in the process), and Wilson.

Malone and Wilson were in most of my mocks. (Asiata was in almost all of mine, wish we could have grabbed him too).

Impressive that you mocked Wilson often. I never considered him since he seemed too much like a project as a CB and the Bengals had plenty of CBs.
I was pretty much stuck on Josh Reynolds as a mid-round WR, Jon Toth and Chase Roullier as mid-late round interior OL, and Jalen Reeves-Maybin as a late-round LB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Impressive that you mocked Wilson often. I never considered him since he seemed too much like a project as a CB and the Bengals had plenty of CBs.
I was pretty much stuck on Josh Reynolds as a mid-round WR, Jon Toth and Chase Roullier as mid-late round interior OL, and Jalen Reeves-Maybin as a late-round LB.

I just figured with all the picks they'd draft a CB somewhere. Either a mid rounder that fell due to injury and they'd stash him on IR a year or a late rounder with upside. Of the late round guys I fell in love with his athleticism and figured he could compete for a ST's or PS spot and has the talent to eventually develop into a solid player for us. I've realized that most of my mocks contained the same or similar final rounds lol once but I find a sleeper I like I just stick with it
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 04:15 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I just figured with all the picks they'd draft a CB somewhere. Either a mid rounder that fell due to injury and they'd stash him on IR a year or a late rounder with upside. Of the late round guys I fell in love with his athleticism and figured he could compete for a ST's or PS spot and has the talent to eventually develop into a solid player for us. I've realized that most of my mocks contained the same or similar final rounds lol once but I find a sleeper I like I just stick with it

They tried to get Sydney Jones. He was very high on their board. He was probably a 3rd round target.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I must have done at least 100 mocks and not once did i select Ross. On a side note, I guess this article I read about a week before the draft was indeed an inside source like they claimed to be. He said it was a guarantee that the Bengals would select 2 WR's in the first 4 rounds.
Reply/Quote