Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What players releaed by the Bengals will make another team this year?
I have heard a lot of talk about how good some of the players are that we released. Who do you think will make the 53 man roster of another NFL team?
Reply/Quote
Still has the best chance.
Reply/Quote
Still is at the top of my list. Maybe Obarski.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DeShawn Williams
Reply/Quote
I can see the Eagles sign Devon Still. Local boy, Penn Stater, etc.

I will be completely shocked if nobody grabs DeShawn Williams. The Bengals defensive line has a lot of depth and this is where people said the Bengals were going to have to let go of someone who will be "good". I know the Bengals will put him on the Practice Squad if he's not picked up on waivers. I just hate the fact that some other team can sign him off our practice squad. If he's not on a teams active roster by mid-October, I will be surprised.

Then again, Williams can be the next Tom Nelson/Jason DiManche. Undrafted Free-Agent who shines in preseason enough to get on the active roster but contribute little to nothing at all.
Reply/Quote
I would add James Wilder, Jr. Might not be right away but sooner or later, enough RB's will go down that he'll get his chance. He is one angry runner.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:54 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Then again, Williams can be the next Tom Nelson

Interesting side note.  Tom Nelson attempted a switch to WR and was just released by the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting side note.  Tom Nelson attempted a switch to WR and was just released by the Ravens.

He had the desire and the effort.  He just didn't have the talent.  Right or wrong, people root for guys like that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:56 PM)McC Wrote: I would add James Wilder, Jr.  Might not be right away but sooner or later, enough RB's will go down that he'll get his chance.  He is one angry runner.

Yep, I'll be surprised if he isn't picked up.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting side note.  Tom Nelson attempted a switch to WR and was just released by the Ravens.

Yup! I saw him playing the slot in a Ravens preseason game.

Remember when he saved a woman from a burning car wreck before practice? Tom Nelson was the man haha
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 11:18 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Still is at the top of my list. Maybe Obarski.....

Obarski?!! Good one! That's funny lol Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 01:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yup! I saw him playing the slot in a Ravens preseason game.

Remember when he saved a woman from a burning car wreck before practice? Tom Nelson was the man haha
That wasn't Tom Nelson. It was Corey Lynch. But all those white guys look the same...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 01:51 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: That wasn't Tom Nelson. It was Corey Lynch. But all those white guys look the same...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5506/tom-nelson

Nope it was that Tom Nelson
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 01:58 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5506/tom-nelson

Nope it was that Tom Nelson

No. It was Corey Lynch that's saved the woman from the car wreck. Nice try though.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:54 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I can see the Eagles sign Devon Still. Local boy, Penn Stater, etc.

I will be completely shocked if nobody grabs DeShawn Williams. The Bengals defensive line has a lot of depth and this is where people said the Bengals were going to have to let go of someone who will be "good". I know the Bengals will put him on the Practice Squad if he's not picked up on waivers. I just hate the fact that some other team can sign him off our practice squad. If he's not on a teams active roster by mid-October, I will be surprised.

Then again, Williams can be the next Tom Nelson/Jason DiManche. Undrafted Free-Agent who shines in preseason enough to get on the active roster but contribute little to nothing at all.

I'd be shocked if somebody picked up Willliams.
Reply/Quote