Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What position can we NOT expect at 11
Other than K/P what position group would you absolutly stay away from at 11 for whatever reason. Could be lack of talent/need etc.

1- CB I don't see any worth the pick.

2- RB Same as above, also not a need.

3- WR Sure we could shock everyone outside the tri-state area and pick a WR, personally I would hate the pick no matter who it is.

4- SS/FS This could be the surprise pick. Hope im wrong but it would be a little more understandable than any above.

5- C Doubtful after taking Price unless we plan to move Price to Guard. But again, a C at 11?

DE- Sure there's a lot of talented DE's in this class which is why I would rather wait. Unless Bosa or Allen are there which is doubtful.

DT- This one is last on my list for a reason, it's a tough one. If we go DT I get it, but would prefer another position.

I'm cool with every other position, even QB. What positions do you NOT want to see at 11.
Reply/Quote
LS. jk..

TE. I recall Callahan saying that TE wasn't going to be the focal point of our offense. Eifert and Uzomah will suffice for now. Even if Hockenson is there, and I do love him, I don't see him being the pick. I wouldn't be upset if he was.

QB. I don't think this is the year. I just don't see Lock/Haskins as the guy. Dalton will get his chance to shine this year and Taylor will have to decide if he is the long term answer under his reign in Cincinnati.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
FB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 01:57 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Other than K/P what position group would you absolutly stay away from at 11 for whatever reason. Could be lack of talent/need etc.

1- CB I don't see any worth the pick.

2- RB Same as above, also not a need.

3- WR Sure we could shock everyone outside the tri-state area and pick a WR, personally I would hate the pick no matter who it is.

4- SS/FS This could be the surprise pick. Hope im wrong but it would be a little more understandable than any above.

5- C Doubtful after taking Price unless we plan to move Price to Guard. But again, a C at 11?

DE- Sure there's a lot of talented DE's in this class which is why I would rather wait. Unless Bosa or Allen are there which is doubtful.

DT- This one is last on my list for a reason, it's a tough one. If we go DT I get it, but would prefer another position.

I'm cool with every other position, even QB. What positions do you NOT want to see at 11.

Non-STers:
Safety - I don't see a safety worth being selected in the top 20, plus the Bengals have two good safeties already.
RB - Not worth a 1st round pick when you have Mixon and Bernard already on the team.
WR - This is the last one I'll pick just because the Bengals have AJ, Boyd, and Ross. Plus, it sounds like the Bengals want to extend AJ. I could see them taking a WR but not on Day 1. Maybe a Rd 3-4 at the earliest, although I'd avoid WR until the 5+ just because I think there are bigger needs and there are still some solid FA WRs available. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think the only non kicker position that is completely 100% off the board in the 1st is RB.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 01:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think the only non kicker position that is completely 100% off the board in the 1st is RB.

If we stay at #11, I think you can safely rule out the following:

1.  RB
2.  C
3.  S
4.  CB
5.  OG
6.  WR

I'm not saying that those positions aren't needs, but I just can't see the Bengals drafting any of these because:

1.  There isn't a player at a position that grades high enough to justify the pick (RB, C, S, CB)
2.  The team doesn't value a position at that spot (OG)
3.  There just isn't a big enough need (WR)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 02:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If we stay at #11, I think you can safely rule out the following:

1.  RB
2.  C
3.  S
4.  CB
5.  OG
6.  WR

I'm not saying that those positions aren't needs, but I just can't see the Bengals drafting any of these because:

1.  There isn't a player at a position that grades high enough to justify the pick (RB, C, S, CB)

I agree with your assessment, which is why I was talking about the 1st round as a whole (in case they decide to move around).
Reply/Quote
Running back or safety.
I also highly doubt CB, C, and WR.

Everything else is on the table.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
In order:
- LS, P, K are def out.
- RB, S are out because no one is worth the 11th pick, plus we don't pick safeties that high.
- OG, C are out because no one is worth the 11th pick, and we don't pick interior OL that high. If they're targeting one, they will likely trade back.

After that, it get dicey ...
- WR, TE - Possible, but doubtful. Even though Mikey B loves to pick offensive skill positions high, I don't think he goes WR because none are phenomenal talents (apologies to DK). And I don't think he sees the TE position as a difference maker, especially after being burned with Gresham and Eifert.
- QB - Also doubtful. I think they roll with AD to see how he works in the new system.

So I think we go LB, OT, or D-line at 11, with CB being the dark horse (need depth and/or third starter if/when Dennard leaves next year ...)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 02:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If we stay at #11, I think you can safely rule out the following:

1.  RB
2.  C
3.  S
4.  CB
5.  OG
6.  WR

Massive adderly justifies the #11 pick. Top 5 on my
Board.
(04-09-2019, 10:14 AM)shanebo Wrote: In order:
- LS, P, K are def out.
- RB, S are out because no one is worth the 11th pick, plus we don't pick safeties that high.
- OG, C are out because no one is worth the 11th pick, and we don't pick interior OL that high. If they're targeting one, they will likely trade back.

After that, it get dicey ...
- WR, TE - Possible, but doubtful. Even though Mikey B loves to pick offensive skill positions high, I don't think he goes WR because none are phenomenal talents (apologies to DK). And I don't think he sees the TE position as a difference maker, especially after being burned with Gresham and Eifert.
- QB - Also doubtful. I think they roll with AD to see how he works in the new system.

So I think we go LB, OT, or D-line at 11, with CB being the dark horse (need depth and/or third starter if/when Dennard leaves next year ...)

Adderly is worth the #11 pick
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 09:04 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Massive adderly justifies the #11 pick. Top 5 on my
Board.

Adderly is worth the #11 pick

Maybe he proves to be a top 5 player out of this draft, maybe not.

You are the only person I’ve seen rate him that highly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote