Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What position is off the table in the first?
Is there any position we will not take at #12?

You don't have to bet yer life on it or anything, but anybody got a guarantee to make?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
QB- we have a good one no need to replace him yet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Fullback.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Fullback.

How far would you have to go back to find a first round FB?  Alstott?  The 60's?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
CB
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: CB

We haven't drafted a first round Corner for two years.  The jones has to be setting in by now.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:26 PM)McC Wrote: How far would you have to go back to find a first round FB?  Alstott?  The 60's?

Didn't the niners take one in the 90s?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Jets drafted Roger Vick in the 80s at FB
Reply/Quote
WR
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:16 PM)McC Wrote: Is there any position we will not take at #12?

You don't have to bet yer life on it or anything, but anybody got a guarantee to make?

The Bengals will not draft a Center at 12. Nor a TE at 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Do not see a RB, QB, FB, K, P, or LS being selected at 12.

Especially after our LS just set a world record.

Believe after that it is BPA.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Here are the ones that I think are off the table for the team (not me personally):

1. LB
2. OT
3. WR
4. RB
5. S
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 02:07 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Here are the ones that I think are off the table for the team (not me personally):

1.  LB
2.  OT
3.  WR
4.  RB
5.  S

Maybe right 

but could possibly see Marvin taking a LB'er at 12. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
None are off the table at 12 besides qb rb and tackle imo. We could go everywhere else lb cb safety de Dt guard center wr te.
Reply/Quote
Any offensive line. I believe the dementia addled brain trust running this team is only going to look at lb, and maybe wr.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 02:21 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Maybe right 

but could possibly see Marvin taking a LB'er at 12. 

Probably not. Marvin thinks he's the LB whisperer, so we're always getting "great value" with later picks and bargain bin FAs/UDFAs.
Reply/Quote
Just hope it ain’t BPA. We have immediate needs which need filled and the first 3-4 rounds should be focused on that goal only.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Fullback.

Would love to see a FB on the field as much as our HB1.

Of course, the skillset would need to be there; not run out a Dan Vitale or something and make sure he can run the ball.

That's probably the only part of the game that has changed in the past 20 years, that I'm not a fan of. But its evolution, I guess...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 03:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: None are off the table at 12 besides qb rb and tackle imo. We could go everywhere else lb cb safety de Dt guard center wr te.

The question was what position(s) do we think the Bengals would not consider at 12, not what we personally would not take.
You honestly believe the Bengals would consider a guard or center at 12 but not a tackle? Someone doesn't seem to know the Bengals very well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The question was what position(s) do we think the Bengals would not consider at 12, not what we personally would not take.
You honestly believe the Bengals would consider a guard or center at 12 but not a tackle? Someone doesn't seem to know the Bengals very well.

Agree with this wholeheartedly but think some of us think Marvin has decision making power in draft now instead of Bengals business as usual. 

But we are only setting ourselves up for the Lucy vs Charlie Brown kick the football trick AGAIN. 

If he does draft a C or G in first round it will be via trading down like when we drafted Zeitler. 

Just hope the OL is the priority on that side of the ball this draft. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote