Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What round would you draft Orlando Brown
The combine couldn't have gone any worst for a potential first rounder in the last decade. So what round would you start to look at drafting this guy if any. There are some tools to work with so where do you think he goes in the draft? With our new offensive line coach and his rep would you go third round or later? Myself with what we have in place I'd still go early third round. There will be many teams who think they can "fix" him so... What do yo think?
I don't see a team drafting him in the first couple rounds now. Dude lost a few million in two hours!!

A few clips: vs OSU/ vs Texas
https://youtu.be/cYLU1_f_Be8
https://youtu.be/lgnr_kvbJgU
Reply/Quote
4Th
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Never

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
0 percentile athlete. That is crazy.

Being big works in college. Not enough in the nfl.

I remember a few years back. That huge TE/OL from Baylor. He actually had a hint of athleticism. Didnt even get a sniff by the nfl.

My major red flag before the combine was lack of effort. Add the very real lack of physical traits to that...

I just dont know. I was a fan of Zach Banner late last year. Huge with nfl bloodlines. Colts took him in 4 and he was the earliest player drafted to be cut but was claimed by browns.

Maybe that Whit compensatory pick in 5 i would gamble on Orlando.
Reply/Quote
5th for sure. Maybe earlier if there were a serious run on tackles. Burfict didn't test well. Many scouts thought that he was a top tackle before the combine, so he probably has a shot at being a good pro still.
Reply/Quote
I would be happy taking him in the 2nd. Folks around here are tripping.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Depends on what we draft before him and who is still on board ahead of him, but earliest, 3rd comp or 4th.
Reply/Quote
3rd or 4th

He is a big man that is not getting pushed back but believe speed rushers will get by him easily in NFL.

For that reason do not believe he will play LT either.

Not against taking him and view him as a gamble pick with high upside if it pays off.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
4th
Reply/Quote
The tape is the tape. I think he is still a 2nd round pick, maybe later in the 2nd now, but a 2nd nonetheless. My guess is a lot of the stats improve at his pro day and people start to relax.
Reply/Quote
I think a better question is What Would Marvin Do?
Marvin has known Brown his whole life and also values tape among everything else.
I think Marvin would pull the trigger in Round 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
5th. He's a RT only (if that) and there are far better prospects in round 2-4 at that position.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think a better question is What Would Marvin Do?
Marvin has known Brown his whole life and also values tape among everything else.
I think Marvin would pull the trigger in Round 2.

True. Hardy Nickerson isnt on our team because he is an NFL caliber player
Reply/Quote
No issue at all taking him in the 2nd.

His tape doesn't reflect the 0% athlete.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 10:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 0 percentile athlete. That is crazy.

Being big works in college. Not enough in the nfl.

I remember a few years back. That huge TE/OL from Baylor. He actually had a hint of athleticism. Didnt even get a sniff by the nfl.

My major red flag before the combine was lack of effort. Add the very real lack of physical traits to that...

I just dont know. I was a fan of Zach Banner late last year. Huge with nfl bloodlines. Colts took him in 4 and he was the earliest player drafted to be cut but was claimed by browns.

Maybe that Whit compensatory pick in 5 i would gamble on Orlando.

I think Banner is a good comp. He's a no for me. I'm tired of taking guys who are injured, don't prepare, or don't go hard.

Brown did two of those for the combine, so tape or not, I'm just not interested. I think the risk isn't worth the reward in this case.
Reply/Quote
I'd happily take him in the 2nd and I'd pounce on the chance to draft him in the third.

Big men with long arms are very prone to bad combines. That doesn't change how amazing he was in college.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:24 PM)Emeritus Wrote: The combine couldn't have gone any worst for a potential first rounder in the last decade. So what round would you start to look at drafting this guy if any. There are some tools to work with so where do you think he goes in the draft? With our new offensive line coach and his rep would you go third round or later? Myself with what we have in place I'd still go early third round. There will be many teams who think they can "fix" him so... What do yo think?
I don't see a team drafting him in the first couple rounds now. Dude lost a few million in two hours!!

A few clips: vs OSU/ vs Texas
https://youtu.be/cYLU1_f_Be8
https://youtu.be/lgnr_kvbJgU

Yeah 3rd round or later. The dude still didn't give up a sack last year. It always matters more about play on the field.

I think he could be a solid RT for us in case Fisher is not the answer.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:57 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Never

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
I totally get it but never say never that he ends up on the team. I'd give Vontaze the nod for poster child.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah 3rd round or later. The dude still didn't give up a sack last year. It always matters more about play on the field.

I think he could be a solid RT for us in case Fisher is not the answer.

A first team all american with a horrible combine.
That's the whole debate of where you'd take a prospect like this. I still say that come May and he happens to be a Bengal then I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 4Th
Agreed but if he puts up better numbers at his proday? Whats your round because its still the same player. I'd love to grab him in the fourth btw
Reply/Quote