Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 1.0
First mock, and didn't have time to sit through 7 rounds, so I just did through Rd 3:

21: R1P21
OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA
46: R2P14
C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS
77: R3P13
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN ST.
100: R3P36
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
UCF

Destroy me for Brown all you want. The two tackle positions are set and we have some serious power on the right side with Redmond and Brown. Couldn't pass up Gesicki when he was there in the 3rd, and I love Griffin as a speedy LB that can cover. That guy will be a leader and he was incredible on UCF. Watch his film.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would rather have Wynn's versatility at 21

but like the rest if there.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Brown is a andre smith but worse in the making. And u want him in round 1. Smh.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:53 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Brown is a andre smith but worse in the making.  And u want him in round 1.  Smh.

I dunno, Andre was pretty good for several years on the right side. I agree though, might be a little high. There's a good chance he's there in the second if we wanna target him there. Then we just take our center in the 1st round. 
Reply/Quote
That's way too high for Brown for my liking. I think he will be a good player, but there's no way I would pass on Price, Daniels or Hernandez to take him.

I would place my bet that he would be around in round 2 and grab him then.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 10:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would rather have Wynn's versatility at 21

but like the rest if there.

Wynn isn't long enough to play tackle, IMHO.  He may be a solid guard, but if we don't go with Westerman at Center, we have two starting guards that have earned the spot in Westerman and Redmond.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:56 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I dunno, Andre was pretty good for several years on the right side. I agree though, might be a little high. There's a good chance he's there in the second if we wanna target him there. Then we just take our center in the 1st round. 

Andre was a bust except for 1 maybe two years when he was solid at best. E was drafted 6th overall. No thanks on another one unless in the third. Brown in the first ruins our 2019 season and this mock.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wynn isn't long enough to play tackle, IMHO.  He may be a solid guard, but if we don't go with Westerman at Center, we have two starting guards that have earned the spot in Westerman and Redmond.  

Earned starting spot in Westerman and Redmond!?!?!? no. Just no. My god who are these bengals fans.....not bengals fans. Christian Westerman maybe in time if he still get stronger but they are still projects not starting guards in the nfl wtf
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:30 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Earned starting spot in Westerman and Redmond!?!?!?  no.  Just no.  My god who are these bengals fans.....not bengals fans.  Christian Westerman maybe in time if he still get stronger but they are still projects not starting guards in the nfl wtf

Chill man, go make a mock draft of your own and I promise no one is going to say you're not a Bengals fan because of what your mock says or because of your opinion on a player/prospect. Don't have to agree with it but be respectful Hilarious
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:28 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Andre was a bust except for 1 maybe two years when he was solid at best.  E was drafted 6th overall.  No thanks on another one unless in the third.  Brown in the first ruins our 2019 season and this mock.

I'm confused.  Brown ruins this mock because Andre Smith was a bust (he wasn't)?  And because of Andre you don't want to address a position as critical as RT until the third round?  Did you know who helped Mixon get all those yards at Oklahoma?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm confused.  Brown ruins this mock because Andre Smith was a bust (he wasn't)?  And because of Andre you don't want to address a position as critical as RT until the third round?  Did you know who helped Mixon get all those yards at Oklahoma?

When u take a dude like andre at 6th overall u need a whole hell of a lot more from him than what andre has done in his. Brown in the third is one to me. In hindsight I’da taken andre in the third or 4th if we would’ve known what he’d amount to. Orlando brown is another andre with a worse combine and skill set. Brown in the first ruins this mock. Brown in the third would be decent value
Reply/Quote
Actually I love it.   I have concerns about Brown but he has undeniable power and wingspan and our run game would flourish as long as he isn't too prone to inside moves that his wingspan cannot cover.

I love Ragnow and think he'll be a really good center.  Strong, good at the 2nd level and SMART.

Gesiki would give us some really interesting 3rd down and red zone packages

And you just have to love Griffin who could be an X factor in 3rd down/ passing situation packages as well as special teams.

Nice job.   It's not the only thing I'd like to see but I'd be happy with it - especially if Pollack endorses Brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:30 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Earned starting spot in Westerman and Redmond!?!?!?  no.  Just no.  My god who are these bengals fans.....not bengals fans.  Christian Westerman maybe in time if he still get stronger but they are still projects not starting guards in the nfl wtf

You must not watch or play close attention when you do watch.  They have been with the Bengals multiple years and in the two games where they started at the guard spots, they had their two best rushing performances of the year and eliminated two teams that had to win to make the playoffs.

You are probably right.  Go with an unknown rookie over these two.   Whatever Nervous Sick Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:36 PM)Takedown Wrote: Chill man, go make a mock draft of your own and I promise no one is going to say you're not a Bengals fan because of what your mock says or because of your opinion on a player/prospect. Don't have to agree with it but be respectful Hilarious

15 is probably his age. I could give a rat's ass what some kid thinks of my plan.  The Bengals seem to be on my side.  
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I want Brown, but I would be pissed if we took him at #21. He's a big risk at that point. History isn't kind to O-linemen with those types of poor workout numbers.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, I want Brown, but I would be pissed if we took him at #21.  He's a big risk at that point.  History isn't kind to O-linemen with those types of poor workout numbers.

How about Price at #21 and Brown in Rd 2?  That would be awesome, IMHO.  A whole new line with some serious beef!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: First mock, and didn't have time to sit through 7 rounds, so I just did through Rd 3:

21: R1P21
OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA
46: R2P14
C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS
77: R3P13
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN ST.
100: R3P36
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
UCF

Destroy me for Brown all you want. The two tackle positions are set and we have some serious power on the right side with Redmond and Brown. Couldn't pass up Gesicki when he was there in the 3rd, and I love Griffin as a speedy LB that can cover. That guy will be a leader and he was incredible on UCF. Watch his film.

Thoughts?

Love how you’re addressing the OL! Let’s me know where your mind is at and it’s in a good place.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 15 is probably his age. I could give a rat's ass what some kid thinks of my plan.  The Bengals seem to be on my side.  

If the bengals do go with Brown they will be on ur side most def.... the losing side. Brown at 1 is an awful pick.
Reply/Quote
I don’t want brown or a one armed LB cool story but no thanks
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 07:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How about Price at #21 and Brown in Rd 2?  That would be awesome, IMHO.  A whole new line with some serious beef!

I would be thrilled with those two picks.
Reply/Quote