Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's The Purpose of The Mega Dalton Thread?
Now that there wont be spam threads with people hating on him consistently it seems like all it does is muddy up the discussion. It's hard to keep up with such a massive thread imo. I avoid the thread and even forgot it existed. Just a thought.

Only some of the threads get moved there as well. Fred's post about Dalton re-hashing old arguments isn't moved but I tried having a positive discussion about Dalton and it got merged.
Reply/Quote
Wait til the season starts. Since AJM is sticking around, there will be a QB controversy if no where else, here on these very boards.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(Thinks to self, "Self. Maybe we should merge this thread into the Mega-Dalton thread! Muhahahahahaha... Muhahahahahah!!!!!").
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:41 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Wait til the season starts. Since AJM is sticking around, there will be a QB controversy if no where else, here on these very boards.

True you can't underestimate some peoples love for McCarron or disdain for Dalton it wouldn't surprise me if some are saying "same ole Dalton"  after his first bad outing pre-season included.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 05:14 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: (Thinks to self, "Self. Maybe we should merge this thread into the Mega-Dalton thread! Muhahahahahaha... Muhahahahahah!!!!!").

Hey now I'm trying to be serious here. Mellow

But yeah I did laugh at that thought earlier. LOL
Reply/Quote
You'd think after a season where Dalton finished as the 2nd rated QB in the NFL, looked fantastic in a couple prime-time games, and was an MVP candidate deep into the season would silence most of Dalton's critics.

It honestly hasn't though. We have a small handful of McCarron fans that are only here for him. We also have people still claiming Dalton holds the team or AJ Green back, etc. For those reasons, I think we should keep the "Mega-Thread" around for awhile longer.

It really is nice to discuss other things and I love that about the new boards. JN on the mothership had devolved into a 24-7 Dalton debate and I honestly don't miss it a bit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You'd think after a season where Dalton finished as the 2nd rated QB in the NFL, looked fantastic in a couple prime-time games, and was an MVP candidate deep into the season would silence most of Dalton's critics.

It honestly hasn't though. We have a small handful of McCarron fans that are only here for him. We also have people still claiming Dalton holds the team or AJ Green back, etc. For those reasons, I think we should keep the "Mega-Thread" around for awhile longer.

It really is nice to discuss other things and I love that about the new boards. JN on the mothership had devolved into a 24-7 Dalton debate and I honestly don't miss it a bit.

Ditto

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You'd think after a season where Dalton finished as the 2nd rated QB in the NFL, looked fantastic in a couple prime-time games, and was an MVP candidate deep into the season would silence most of Dalton's critics.

But, in fariness, if he stinks up the joint then the criticsm will be warranted, 2015 nothwithstanding.

Agree about the bickeing. Keep it all in one place so we can enjoy JN without having every single thread turn into a Dalton shouting match. That shit got old real quick.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 09:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: But, in fariness, if he stinks up the joint then the criticsm will be warranted, 2015 nothwithstanding.

Agree, but based on his entire career, I don't foresee Dalton ever really stinking it up. 

Well, unless it's the playoffs. Then your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen.

I want to think they're finally over it based on the effort I saw last year, but we'll see.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
What about a Dalton sub-forum? Like the setup the free agency section has.

I agree having JN flooded with Dalton threads did get annoying and a ultimate Dalton thread is a much better alternative to that.
Reply/Quote
For me, it's better to allow a few Dalton threads here and there that offer some discussion, but leave MegaThread around for the inevitable bad game. Because it's going to happen. And when it does, there's going to be 64 threads on how he's reverted, or he's showing his true colors (red, I guess), or how the team was making him look better. Those threads will be countered with 64 threads on how it was a team loss, or how it's just a bad game, or how Dalton's passer rating compares to the other 31 starting QBs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote