Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's left of free agency be for the wave of cuts
Would like to see donta Hightower or tj Lang but I know that won't happen. I wouldn't mind a datone jones and ol signing of Andre smith or mangold for some veteran depth/competition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Would like to see donta Hightower or tj Lang but I know that won't happen.  I wouldn't mind a datone jones and ol signing of Andre smith or mangold for some veteran depth/competition.

Yeah Hightower or Lang aint happening, but if we cut Adam and Maualuga we could definately see Andre and Mangold brought in
which wouldn't be terrible. Would love bringing in Datone Jones, that would really help our rotation and give us some room to move
in the draft.
Reply/Quote
There are some excellent offensive linemen still left with significant playoff history: Breno Giacomini, Ryan Clady, Gosder Cherilus, and Andre Smith.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There are some excellent offensive linemen still left with significant playoff history: Breno Giacomini, Ryan Clay, Gosder Cherilus, and Andre Smith.

They will bring back Andre if they had to choose between all those guys.

They just like doing the retread thing, they have been here before, know the system etc.

Mangold is old and got cut, makes too much sense too. Andre and Mangold is my bet.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They will bring back Andre if they had to choose between all those guys.

They just like doing the retread thing, they have been here before, know the system etc.

Mangold is old and got cut, makes too much sense too. Andre and Mangold is my bet.

That's still better than what's on the current roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's still better than what's on the current roster.

Sure is, these would be good moves. We might be able to protect Dalton and open up holes in the
running game if we do this. Then draft a Center in the 3rd round or so for the future, he can learn
behind Mangold for a year and we would have our guy once Bodine leaves.

I could see Andre being a very solid Guard if he is healthy. He is a good run blocker unlike Zeitler
and has been an OT that is good in pass protection as well. Could be a perfect RG for us.

Fisher needs to gain some strength and get better in the run game if he wants to play Guard.

Westerman could be good depth as well as Bodine at G/C, never know.
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen, the emperor in shabby clothes has decided the Bengals have spent enough. Now don't disturb him while he is enjoying a pudding cup.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Wanna shake the tree if you're a Bengal? Sportstrac says we have $37 mil to spend.
Try this:
Sign Dontario Poe DT 5 years 14 mil per year average (26 years old)
Sign Zach Brown ILB 5 years 5 mil per year average (27 years old)
Sign Jelani Jenkins OLB 5 years 3 mil per year average (25 years old)

Our Defense would be solidified with these 3 players.
Poe is a terror on the line and gets good push by himself despite being double teamed.
Brown is a speedy 4-3 ILB tackling machine.
Jenkins is a 4-3 OLB that we need since Dansby is not getting it done like we hoped. Yes he had a down year last year, hurt his hand in week 1 and had a tough time tackling. Look to his previous year as to how he plays.

Depending on how we work their guarantees, we should have no problems signing these 3 and still having room for the rookie pool and injuries.

If we do this, we won't need Foster in Round 1 and we can get our Offense clicking.

Round 1 take Corey Davis WR (now we got that vertical stretcher).
Round 2 take RB Joe Mixon.
Round 3 take C Ethan Pocic.
Round 4 take OT Taylor Morton.
Round 4 take DL Charles Walker
Round 5 take TE Eric Saubert
Round 5 take OT Julie'n Davenport
Round 6 take DE Keionta Davis
Round 6 take WR Dede Westbrook
Round 7 take CB Brendan Langley
Round 7 take OG Jordan Morgan

I would hope that this would give us some good depth all along our OL.
Reply/Quote