Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the local media saying about the Chase pick?
A comment in another thread where someone was referring to what one of the local media had to say about the WR's going forward, had me wondering what the local media in Cincy had to say about the Chase pick.

This is not BAIT. It is an honest question. I'm in Texas and am not privy to a lot of the local media.

Summaries of the articles are ok, but I would prefer links. I'm not interested in BOARD opinions on the Chase pick, as we have multitudes of those. But feel free to comment on the articles, agree or disagree.

Thanks!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:59 AM)Stewy Wrote: A comment in another thread where someone was referring to what one of the local media had to say about the WR's going forward, had me wondering what the local media in Cincy had to say about the Chase pick.

This is not BAIT.  It is an honest question.  I'm in Texas and am not privy to a lot of the local media.

Summaries of the articles are ok, but I would prefer links.  I'm not interested in BOARD opinions on the Chase pick, as we have multitudes of those.  But feel free to comment on the articles, agree or disagree.

Thanks!

I saw ABC channel local news just for few minutes, seemed conflicted opinion.  Same lazy thinking perpetuated by national media.  Something like: "Chase is an elite player but because they did not pick Sewell, Burrow will die."  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Bleacher report is full of...comedians! Yeah, that's the ticket..comedians! They give us an F for not picking Sewell and getting Chase while Miami with a very similar problem with their Oline picked Waddle instead of protecting Tua. Bengals get an F and the Fins get an A.. 
This is kind of like grade school when both you and your pal are in the back of the class throwing spitballs and neither of you have even bothered to do your homework and are both cheating on tests stealing the answers from the dumbest kid in the entire school and..one gets the F and the other gets the A..  
What the hell..your pal pees his pants every day so he gets a pass..
I wouldn't say that I don't give a rats ass about what bleacher report says, but rats asses are not a top priority in the grand scheme of anything..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:59 AM)Stewy Wrote: what the local media in Cincy had to say about the Chase pick.

He is a good boy. He eats his veggies. He loves his mommy. He catches lots of footballs. But Joe Burrow is gonna die.
Reply/Quote
I've seen a good amount of local media saying the pick made sense, especially given the amount of OL that are still available for the picking at 38.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Bleacher report is full of...comedians. They give us an F for not picking Sewell and getting Chase while Miami with a very similar problem with their Oline picked Waddle instead of protecting Tua. Bengals get an F and the Fins get an A.. 
This is kind of like grade school when both you and your pal are in the back of the class throwing spitballs and neither of you have even bothered to do your homework and are both cheating on tests stealing the answers from the dumbest kid in the entire school and..one gets the F and the other gets the A..  
What the hell..your pal pees his pants every day so he gets a pass..

Yea but so far you have to admit, the Dolphins have been methodically executing thier plan for the last 2 yrs with success. ..meanwhile we are wating for ZT t o show us why he is there.  This is the reason we get F and Fish get A....ZT has no respect out there..yet.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:51 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Yea but so far you have to admit, the Dolphins have been methodically executing thier plan for the last 2 yrs with success. ..meanwhile we are wating for ZT t o show us why he is there.  This is the reason we get F and Fish get A....ZT has no respect out there..yet.  

I don't either, but I have a new table saw and Miami doesn't.. And Cincinnati ain't gonna drown from a killer hurricane..which has nothing to do with anything, but it sounds good between my ears at least.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Tonight will define this draft and adjust any round 1 grade.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:51 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Yea but so far you have to admit, the Dolphins have been methodically executing thier plan for the last 2 yrs with success. ..meanwhile we are wating for ZT t o show us why he is there.  This is the reason we get F and Fish get A....ZT has no respect out there..yet.  

Kali, i agree with you.  The Dolphins front office have a plan and executed it to perfection. 

Zac and Duke really have no plans from what I can see from the last 3 years of drafts.  

Shows one competent front office vs another in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
local media has been overwhelmingly positive especially since the bottom half of the first round went the Bengals way.   For example this was Jay Morrison's take in The Athletic

Fast evaluation: It’s the perfect fit, and the already established Chase-Burrow connection is well down the list of bulletin points why. The draft doesn’t end tonight, and Sewell isn’t the only offensive lineman in the draft who is capable of protecting Burrow and improving the offensive line. The talent gap between Chase and whatever receiver the Bengals would have landed in the second round is far greater than the crevice that will exist between Sewell and whichever lineman(men) they select Friday.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There's was a pretty tense exchange on the Fox 19 morning show today.

Frank Marzullo LOVED the pick. He even made some stupid joke about how Chase was going to help us "chase" a Superbowl.

A few segments late the weather guy Steve Horstmeyer was talking about the forcast and said that even know it was sunny that the Bengals future was clowdy without having the OL to protect Burrow.

Off the screen you could hear Frank say "What did you just say?" "Here we go, another Sewell Tool."

There was some bleeps and then Frank ran in front of the green screen and shoved Horstmeyer. They ended up on the floor and Marzullo started screaming "Ground and pound!!!!" over and over. "Ground and pound! Ground and pound! Ground and pound!" as he was raining down shots on the weather dude.

Horstmeyer did have Frank in a figure four leg lock by the time they cut away to commercial. He looked nuts. Eyes wide and just shouting "Whoo!".

When they came back from break they didn't even bring it up. Frank was wearing sunglasses though. They had some someone from the SPCA who brought in some dogs who were up for adoption this weekend, and then they did piece on a new BBQ spot opening up on Kellogg.

I turned it off shortly after. Typical local news fluff.
Reply/Quote

It's hard to argue with the overall approach of the Dolphins over the last two years.

They appear to have hit a home run with their coaching hire, they secured a ton of draft capital by moving players, and they created a ton of cap space in doing so.  And somehow, despite going head first into a rebuild, they've played some pretty good football.

I'll be really interested to see how they look this year.  Tua is their big question mark.  And with the Bills established as a legitimate contender, and with the Pat's spending spree if FA I'll be anxious to see if they can take that next step.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There's was a pretty tense exchange on the Fox 19 morning show today.

Frank Marzullo LOVED the pick.  He even made some stupid joke about how Chase was going to help us "chase" a Superbowl.  

A few segments late the weather guy Steve Horstmeyer was talking about the forcast and said that even know it was sunny that the Bengals future was clowdy without having the OL to protect Burrow.

Off the screen you could hear Frank say "What did you just say?"  "Here we go, another Sewell Tool."

There was some bleeps and then Frank ran in front of the green screen and shoved Horstmeyer.  They ended up on the floor and Marzullo started screaming "Ground and pound!!!!" over and over.  "Ground and pound!  Ground and pound!  Ground and pound!"  as he was raining down shots on the weather dude.  

Horstmeyer did have Frank in a figure four leg lock by the time they cut away to commercial.  He looked nuts.  Eyes wide and just shouting "Whoo!".

When they came back from break they didn't even bring it up.  Frank was wearing sunglasses though.  They had some someone from the SPCA who brought in some dogs who were up for adoption this weekend, and then they did piece on a new BBQ spot opening up on Kellogg.

I turned it off shortly after.  Typical local news fluff.

Never trust a weatherman.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Whichever linemen we pick, we won't know if the gamble worked until mid next season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The NFL has 32 GM 32 out of 330 million population and you give a care about what a local weatherman/sports reporter has to chime in.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A few segments late the weather guy Steve Horstmeyer was talking about the forcast and said that even know it was sunny that the Bengals future was clowdy without having the OL to protect Burrow.

Urban Dictionary:

clowdy

The perfect level of classiness and rowdiness generated at any given affair.

Too bad he didn't know it was a compliment. Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:10 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I saw ABC channel local news just for few minutes, seemed conflicted opinion.  Same lazy thinking perpetuated by national media.  Something like: "Chase is an elite player but because they did not pick Sewell, Burrow will die."  

So local scribes are also posters here. Got it
Reply/Quote