Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the strategy for tonight?
I think day 2 is the meat and potato rounds of the draft. Where you find the guts of your team. Do we stay where we are, do we move up, move down?
Reply/Quote
Linebackers? Who needs them. If we can't find any, let's just set ourselves up to score a ton of points and hope for the best.

...I'm only half joking, lol.
Reply/Quote
We have the 10th so I say stay put. Too many needs, too many good players still on the board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:28 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Linebackers? Who needs them. If we can't find any, let's just set ourselves up to score a ton of points and hope for the best.

I don't think we are stuck on LB because guys like Brown and Collins are still on the market and can be serviceable for one year (Brown especially). There is a ton of talent here tonight and I don't want to reach just because we have a near term need. 

I would consider using some of those 6ths to move around for "our guys".
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:28 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Linebackers? Who needs them. If we can't find any, let's just set ourselves up to score a ton of points and hope for the best.

You may be half joking, but it's really not a bad strategy right now.  The offense just got way better, and it was already pretty good last season until the injuries set in.  I was thinking last night.....if the defense can at least become mediocre, this team could surprise some people if they can put up points.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think we are stuck on LB because guys like Brown and Collins are still on the market and can be serviceable for one year (Brown especially). There is a ton of talent here tonight and I don't want to reach just because we have a near term need. 

I would consider using some of those 6ths to move around for "our guys".

If they don't get a backer tonight that they feel is capable of significant playing time, they should get the best player they have on their board and sign Brown seconds later. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:26 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I think day 2 is the meat and potato rounds of the draft. Where you find the guts of your team. Do we stay where we are, do we move up, move down?

I say let the board come to us unless we move up to grab Drew Lock (QB) or Ben Burr-Kirvin (LB)

Would love Lock to mentor under AD for 1 to years and think Burr-Kirvin is far away best available LB left in the draft. (Edited)

On draft thread I listed my top 15, some great WR's available and corners as well. Also, the number 1 rated OT is still there likely due to his kness injury which scares me (Ced).

As for round 3 I agree with others, we may need to work some deals for our 6th round picks to move up to grab a fallen guy with great upside.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

I thought the same exact samething right before the draft started last night. Knew White would probably go to TB and was never 100% sure on Bush. Loved the Williams after watching a couple of games being replayed the last couple of days. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:30 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: We have the 10th so I say stay put. Too many needs, too many good players still on the board.

if anything package the 4th and a 6th to try to get back into the 3rd...

But tonight for round 2 at least the value looks to be at   WR/DB

Hope we grab a LB or DT in round 3 if we go WR/DB in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: If they don't get a backer tonight that they feel is capable of significant playing time, they should get the best player they have on their board and sign Brown seconds later. :andy:

anyone know what the jets want for lee?
Reply/Quote
I say let BPA dictate round two. Third round will be the sweet spot for linebackers.
Reply/Quote
LB and either DL most likely.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I say let the board come to us unless we move up to grab Drew Lock (QB) or Ben Burr-Kirvin (LB)

Would love Lock to mentor under AD for 1 to years and think Burr-Kirvin is far away best LB left in the draft.

On draft thread I listed my top 15, some great WR's available and corners as well. Also, the number 1 rated OT is still there likely due to his kness injury which scares me (Ced).

As for round 3 I agree with others, we may need to work some deals for our 6th round picks to move up to grab a fallen guy with great upside.

Just saw the replay of a game between Missouri and somebody, I came away more impressed with Lock.
Burr-Kirvin, if he was a little bigger, would have been a LB we would have heard talk about yesterday, IMO! As it was, he was a terror on defense for the Huskies, coverage and boatload of tackles!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:46 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I say let BPA dictate round two. Third round will be the sweet spot for linebackers.

I agree with that!  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Just saw the replay of a game between Missouri and somebody, I came away more impressed with Lock.
Burr-Kirvin, if he was a little bigger, would have been a LB we would have heard talk about yesterday, IMO! As it was, he was a terror on defense for the Huskies, coverage and boatload of tackles!

If it was Florida you probably would be impressed as he had the game of his life. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: If it was Florida you probably would be impressed as he had the game of his life. 

For some reason I'm thinking it was Kentucky, did they play at Mizzo this last season? I know it was a home game for the Tigers, because I remember thinking, the field looks like hell..
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:57 AM)sandwedge Wrote: For some reason I'm thinking it was Kentucky, did they play at Mizzo this last season? I know it was a home game for the Tigers, because I remember thinking, the field looks like hell..

He didn't play that well against UK, and it was a home game for Mizzou.  15/27 165 0/0 was the statline

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: He didn't play that well against UK, and it was a home game for Mizzou.  15/27 165 0/0 was the statline

Damn my memory is sucking lately! This was only 2 days ago I watched it.... Anyway, the knock I had heard was, no touch and not that accurate, but what I saw was a little different. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Just saw the replay of a game between Missouri and somebody, I came away more impressed with Lock.

My bad, I meant best LB available now in the draft for Burr-Kirvin. Bush and White definitely are better.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Damn my memory is sucking lately! This was only 2 days ago I watched it.... Anyway, the knock I had heard was, no touch and not that accurate, but what I saw was a little different. 

I can't recall any specifics, but I think I remember Josh Allen harassing him all night long. Cool

Reply/Quote