Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the strategy for tonight?
(04-26-2019, 12:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: I can't recall any specifics, but I think I remember Josh Allen harassing him all night long. Cool

This was a day game, that I do remember...
Reply/Quote
So LB is the glaring need, but man there are some good OT's and CB's and WR's and even Drew Lock still on the board. Oh and Irv Smith at TE.

I'd probably go BAP. BUT, LB is a pretty huge need. Starting LB is a pretty big weakness to have.
Reply/Quote
The knock on Drew Lock is his mechanics, which are horrible almost beyond belief and his technical play which is likewise terrible. Whoever takes him needs to sit him and coach him up for at least two full seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: The knock on Drew Lock is his mechanics, which are horrible almost beyond belief and his technical play which is likewise terrible. Whoever takes him needs to sit him and coach him up for at least two full seasons.

We'd be able to do that here. That said, I think odds are low he turns into a star.
Reply/Quote
The linebackers the Bengals are likely targeting will come in rounds 3-4. I still think DB or WR round 2. Maybe TE. Part of me want them to get Risner or Ford so that the O-line issues are mitigated.

My bet is on Arcega-Whiteside-WR Butler-WR or Greedy Williams-DB. Zach Allen is an edge player that could possibly replace MJ.
I am not a Metcalf fan he is a monster.

Bottom line is this: I am not going to freak out if the Bengals do not take backer in round 2. The two kids from Notre Dame are good.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So LB is the glaring need, but man there are some good OT's and CB's and WR's and even Drew Lock still on the board. Oh and Irv Smith at TE.

I'd probably go BAP. BUT, LB is a pretty huge need. Starting LB is a pretty big weakness to have.
I wouldn't be to upset with Irv Smith.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The linebackers the Bengals are likely targeting will come in rounds 3-4.  I still think DB or WR round 2.  Maybe TE.  Part of me want them to get Risner or Ford so that the O-line issues are mitigated.  

My bet is on Arcega-Whiteside-WR Butler-WR or Greedy Williams-DB.  Zach Allen is an edge player that could possibly replace MJ.  
I am not a Metcalf fan he is a monster.  

Bottom line is this: I am not going to freak out if the Bengals do not take backer in round 2.  The two kids from Notre Dame are good.

Is Allen a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DE? I know he can come off the edge, just as good as Bosa, but can he cover? I believe that is why Oakland passed on him.
Reply/Quote
LB is what I want but not sure if there are any worthy of our high 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:26 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I think day 2 is the meat and potato rounds of the draft. Where you find the guts of your team. Do we stay where we are, do we move up, move down?

I would go with a Linebacker or a crazy talented player whoever it may be. I didn't get to see after our pick, is Noah Fant still in play? Or a great 3-tech DT? This is a very deep draft at TE and DT so i think we should probably go LB if the right one is there, Mack Wilson comes to mind, but like i said i need to look over all the picks that happened last night, family night and my family is all women pretty much and don't understand my love of the Bengals.

Germaine Pratt is a guy i really like at LB and i would be more than fine with taking him tonight.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would go with a Linebacker or a crazy talented player whoever it may be. I didn't get to see after our pick, is Noah Fant still in play? Or a great 3-tech DT? This is a very deep draft at TE and DT so i think we should probably go LB if the right one is there, Mack Wilson comes to mind, but like i said i need to look over all the picks that happened last night, family night and my family is all women pretty much and don't understand my love of the Bengals.

Germaine Pratt is a guy i really like at LB and i would be more than fine with taking him tonight.

Fant is gone
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Fant is gone

Thought he would be, thanks Wedge.
Reply/Quote
LB Pratt. Let’s get him
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wouldn't be to upset with Irv Smith.

Same here.

But I think we will go CB (no idea which one) since we just signed Dennard for one year.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t mind seeing us trade our second round pick for Rosen. This team won’t be .500 next season. Need to build for the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: The knock on Drew Lock is his mechanics, which are horrible almost beyond belief and his technical play which is likewise terrible. Whoever takes him needs to sit him and coach him up for at least two full seasons.

Broncos will take him if he is available.

Flacco is just a stop gap.
Reply/Quote
Pratt is really physical, has perfect size at 602 240 n ran a 4.55 forty. 2nd round is perfect for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Pratt is really physical, has perfect size at 602 240 n ran a 4.55 forty. 2nd round is perfect for him.

42 is too high for Pratt. Round 3 maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Is Allen a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DE? I know he can come off the edge, just as good as Bosa, but can he cover? I believe that is why Oakland passed on him.

CBS has him listed as edge/DT
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Pratt is really physical, has perfect size at 602 240 n ran a 4.55 forty. 2nd round is perfect for him.

You know what is crazy? The more i watch of Pratt i think he is better than Bush...

Better tackler, better in coverage.
Reply/Quote
Mack Wilson IMO would be a reach unless someone wants to trade up with us.

If Ford or Risner are there at 10 you sprint to the podium.

The opportunity to turn a weakness into a strength overnight is impossible to pass.
This team scored points last year with horrible line play until they drowned in injuries. They will score points with a better system and a great line for sure.

I think you can get a LB in 3. The way things have fallen this year(lots of talent into the 2nd) You just cant pass up those OL picks if they are sitting there.
Reply/Quote