Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the trade value of William Jackson
He had a down year but he's still a good player. I would think between a late first or early second is fair but NFL trades are tricky.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade him because we do not have his replacement. Dre should be the one we trade. WJIII would probably net a 3rd or 4th pick due to recent performance and injury history. Dre would probably net around 4th or 5th rd pick. Unless someone over offers because they are desperate, WJIII needs to stay in Cincy

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
Do not trade Williams Jackson we should’ve never drafted Dre Kirkpatrick not extended him to that awful contract. Dre is who needs to be traded. Resign Dennard go draft Lamar Jackson from Nebraska then go into the year with William Jackson Dennard Phillips and Jackson. TRADE DRE PLEAAAASE. We should trade Dre on draft day to move back up in the draft or something.
Reply/Quote
I think we should be trading or cutting older vets. I would wait and see how Jackson III plays this season and try to extend him if he plays well. I rather pay for a good young CB then an ageing WR or throw big money at the running back position on a rebuilding team.
Reply/Quote
I agree with the others, trade Kirkpatrick. If they can get a 4th out of him jump on it.

I saw an article the other day talking about Chiefs CB Kendall Fuller being a free agent and how he might be a good fit for Bengals. Trade Kirkpatrick for pick and use that pick for an Oline prospect and get Fuller in free agency.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with the others, trade Kirkpatrick. If they can get a 4th out of him jump on it.

I saw an article the other day talking about Chiefs CB Kendall Fuller being a free agent and how he might be a good fit for Bengals. Trade Kirkpatrick for pick and use that pick for an Oline prospect and get Fuller in free agency.

I've wanted Kirkpatrick gone for two years now. I'd take a 7th round pick just to dump the contact. That alone is a win in my book.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:28 PM)Takedown Wrote: I've wanted Kirkpatrick gone for two years now. I'd take a 7th round pick just to dump the contact. That alone is a win in my book.

I'm with you

He has a way of getting under my skin nearly every game. His stupid celebrations (when we're down by 24 and he acts like he just saved the game when the ball hit 15 yards from him and the receiver) Bonehead penalties, gets roasted alive on double move, has to be carted off the field twice every game, so on.

Sure he can turn in good plays and even good games. But he more than makes up for a good play with something that's just dumb, way to often !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 11:02 AM)TheWhoDeyKid Wrote: I wouldn't trade him because we do not have his replacement.  Dre should be the one we trade.  WJIII would probably net a 3rd or 4th pick due to recent performance and injury history.  Dre would probably net around 4th or 5th rd pick.  Unless someone over offers because they are desperate, WJIII needs to stay in Cincy

Yes sir, if we trade a player on Defense it should be Dre, not Will Jax who is young and extremely talented and can tackle.

Honestly I wouldn't be against trading Dalton, AJ and Dre for more picks. Draft Burrow, Jefferson and Lamar Jackson CB.

Heck, trade Cordy Glenn as well. Draft a RT or grab Conklin in FA.
Reply/Quote
WJ3 is an interesting story. He showed us how shut down he could be in 2017. Then in 2018 he had a very rough start until Austin got fired. The rumors about that are that he hated all of the zone he had to play under Austin. Marvin let him play more man coverage and he finished 2018 on a strong note. Now 2019 was a bad year for him. It was either Dehner or Morrison who said that he wasn't giving full effort on the field. I'm hoping he's a similar story to Dunlap and can flip the switch back on.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with the others, trade Kirkpatrick. If they can get a 4th out of him jump on it.

Fuller could be a good fit in the Bengals' Nickle defense.  According to this article, he shouldn't really be all that expensive, and he played a good bit of Safety this year.  Versatility is always a good quality to have, especially in your 5th DB.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/chris-jones-top-ranked-defensive-free-agent

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]The Chiefs have only one other free agent among the top 85 free agents ranked by PFF. Defensive back Kendall Fuller comes in at No. 56 and ranked No. 8 a safety, a position Fuller primarily played late in the season. Over The Cap projects Fuller receiving a one-year deal worth $5 million.

[/color]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
William Jackson ain't all that. If it's true that he loafs on the field, and mails it in, why do we hate Dre more than him again?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fuller could be a good fit in the Bengals' Nickle defense.  According to this article, he shouldn't really be all that expensive, and he played a good bit of Safety this year.  Versatility is always a good quality to have, especially in your 5th DB.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/chris-jones-top-ranked-defensive-free-agent

Sounds like a good player to bring in.

(02-01-2020, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: William Jackson ain't all that. If it's true that he loafs on the field, and mails it in, why do we hate Dre more than him again?

I never saw WJ3 mail it in, he had that one play a year ago where he didn't knock the player out of bounds that 
confounded me but I think that was confusion of some sort. We have had way too many breakdowns on Defense 
and that comes from coaching.

Kirkpatrick is a whiffer man, he sucks at tackling, he always tries to tackle with his skinny arms.

That isn't getting it done.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like a good player to bring in.

I never saw WJ3 mail it in, he had that one play a year ago where he didn't knock the player out of bounds that 
confounded me but I think that was confusion of some sort. We have had way too many breakdowns on Defense 
and that comes from coaching.

Kirkpatrick is a whiffer man, he sucks at tackling, he always tries to tackle with his skinny arms.

That isn't getting it done.

Dre also never gives up... How many times have you seen him run someone down from behind when 3 other guys have missed tackles. He's not spectacular, and I think a lot of people don't like him for personal reasons. FWIW... CBs cost what Dre is paid too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 04:28 PM)jason Wrote: Dre also never gives up... How many times have you seen him run someone down from behind when 3 other guys have missed tackles. He's not spectacular, and I think a lot of people don't like him for personal reasons. FWIW... CBs cost what Dre is paid too.

True, I just like WJ3 better than Dre and WJ3 is younger and in my opinion with WAY more upside.

These guys just need to learn how to catch the ball...
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, I just like WJ3 better than Dre and WJ3 is younger and in my opinion with WAY more upside.

These guys just need to learn how to catch the ball...

Phillips seems to have the hang of it, but the rest of em definitely have brick hands.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 05:07 PM)jason Wrote: Phillips seems to have the hang of it, but the rest of em definitely have brick hands.

Bates was a ballhawk in college as well. Believe he will come around and be a turnover machine sooner or later.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bates was a ballhawk in college as well. Believe he will come around and be a turnover machine sooner or later.

He had 3 picks in the last 8( should have been 4 if not a bs pass interference call). Bates will have a bounce back season next year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:56 PM)J24 Wrote: He had 3 picks in the last 8( should have been 4 if not a bs pass interference call). Bates will have a bounce back season next year.

I think so too and he was very good in his rookie season.

Bates potentially could be one of the best Free Safeties in the NFL one day IMO.
Reply/Quote