Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What's the truth?
(12-26-2017, 01:20 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Marvin overstayed his welcome. After the 3rd straight lackluster playoff loss he should have been gone. But Mikey turned it around and looked at it as a positive - three straight playoff appearances. And the string of four more straight playoff losses didn't even make him wince. The owner does not care about winning and Marv's coaching in the playoffs is atrocious. Good riddance to him.

We need a front office that either cares about winning or at least build a sustainable product that would remain competitive for years.

Letting go of Zimmer was their biggest mistake. That action (along with the playoff losses) just showed how inept the entire organization is.
Wow! I remember that you guys had Zimmer as defensive coach, right? He's the current coach of the Vikings, right? The Bengals let that guy go?!! WTF! That guy is a great coach. I wish the Colts had him now! He's tons better than Pagano.

Do the Bengals FO know what they're doing?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 06:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He would have to have a contract to leave voluntarily....  He no longer as a contract in Tminus 7 days....   

I'm pretty sure marvin and mike brown have talked and both know whats going on... That doesn't mean either is gonna say jack to the media.

"He would have to have a contract to leave voluntarily" - LOL! Hilarious

Dude... that's hella funny!!!

How come neither Mike Brown nor Marvin Lewis want to talk to the media? It's not like it's going to be a secret! When the new HC for the Bengals gets hired, EVERYBODY will know!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:40 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Do the Bengals FO know what they're doing?

For themselves? Yes. Apparently they know how to have income from a bad product. But it won't last forever. I'm sure a majority of the fans are fed up.

I hope Zimmer gets the Lombardi this year.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:36 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Ah... yeah... I used "The Google" as you pointed out. That's why I came here. The more I read, the more confused I got. No one in Colts-Land had any idea either. Even NOW, it seems YOUR FANBASE don't even know what's really going to happen! The only thing I understand is that Marvin's contract will not be renewed - for now! But it seems that he could possibly stay with the Bengals as GM or even get renewed as Head Coach! It's all possible. At least from what I've read and been told.

Again... it's the most confusing head coach situation in the NFL.

Wow. If you're confused at a HC not having a contract as the year ends (not the first time Marv has been in the situation), and how that all works...you're a special kind of goober. 

Seriously, there is nothing confusing about this situation. At all. Ask anyone else around here if they're even slightly confused. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:40 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Wow! I remember that you guys had Zimmer as defensive coach, right? He's the current coach of the Vikings, right? The Bengals let that guy go?!! WTF! 

Do the Bengals FO know what they're doing?

More super uber goober questions. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: For themselves? Yes. Apparently they know how to have income from a bad product. But it won't last forever. I'm sure a majority of the fans are fed up.

I hope Zimmer gets the Lombardi this year.
Sounds like the Bengals Fanbase is really unhappy with the Bengals. I guess I would be too if I was a fan of a team that went to 5 playoffs in a row and couldn't win even a single playoff game. That has to be frustrating. There was a year there (I think 2015?) where it looked like the Bengals would get in the Superbowl and possibly win. But something happened with a game with the Steelers and they won by a field goal in the last seconds of the game? I remember that because I thought the Bengals had won the game, and I went to the kitchen to get another slice of pizza. By the time I got back to the TV, the Steelers were kicking a field goal. I remember saying... WTF just happened?

You may get your wish. The Vikings look really good. If they win out in the NFC, I think they can beat the Pats or Steelers. Their defense is really stifling.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:52 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: But something happened with a game with the Steelers and they won by a field goal in the last seconds of the game? 

OMG.

Are you on ***** drugs or something?

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wow. If you're confused at a HC not having a contract as the year ends (not the first time Marv has been in the situation), and how that all works...you're a special kind of goober. 

Seriously, there is nothing confusing about this situation. At all. Ask anyone else around here if they're even slightly confused. 
Dude... EVERYONE is confused! The media, the NFL, even your own fanbase. So don't act as if it's easy to understand.

Your team is the ONLY ONE in the NFL that is doing this to their HC. It's a very strange approach to getting rid of a coach. MOST owners just fire the coach! But that's not what's happening in Bengal-Land. Letting a contract expire... and then making NO COMMENT to the media about the future HC of the Bengals - one of 32 professional teams - is hella WEIRD, okay? Otherwise, NO ONE would be asking questions.

For example, you know the Colts HC - Pagano? The fanbase expects him to get fired. And most likely, he WILL get fired! See, that's NORMAL. What's happening with your team's HC is ABNORMAL!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:22 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Okay, I guess I understand. So, Marvin is unhappy and he's leaving voluntarily? Is that what I'm hearing here?

I guess it's bizarre to me that an owner of an NFL team would just let the contract of a HC just expire and not renew it without at least letting the HC know whether he's fired or is getting an extension. Just ignoring the HC after 15 years of service seems unusually cruel to me.

Not getting fired, just not getting an extension. Time is up. As for letting a HC go after 15yrs service seeming cruel? 0-7 for playoffs is by far beyond cruel. Coming out flat after a bye every year is beyond cruel. Letting the steelers own you for 15yrs is cruel. Screw Marvin Lewis, being a Cincinnati fan is cruel. Give us a break man!

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: OMG.

Are you on ***** drugs or something?

Dude... I'm not a Bengals fan, okay? I READ that the Bengals had like 2 personal fouls which led to the field goal situation. But since I was in the kitchen, I didn't actually SEE the penalties! The Bengals had that game won, I thought. Back-to-back personal fouls costing 15 yards each is a ridiculous way to lose the game. From MY point of view, YOU must be the one on drugs to root for a team like that! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not getting fired, just not getting an extension. Time is up. As for letting a HC go after 15yrs service seeming cruel? 0-7 for playoffs is by far beyond cruel. Coming out flat after a bye every year is beyond cruel. Letting the steelers own you for 15yrs is cruel. Screw Marvin Lewis, being a Cincinnati fan is cruel. Give us a break man!
Well... if you put it that way, I understand! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:59 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Dude... EVERYONE is confused! 

No. 

You are the only one confused.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:04 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Dude... I'm not a Bengals fan, okay? I READ that the Bengals had like 2 personal fouls which led to the field goal situation. But since I was in the kitchen, I didn't actually SEE the penalties! The Bengals had that game won, I thought. Back-to-back personal fouls costing 15 yards each is a ridiculous way to lose the game. From MY point of view, YOU must be the one on drugs to root for a team like that! Whatever

Typically, people that ask gooberish questions, look like a goober. 

Describe yourself to me. Height? Weight? Hair style? What type of clothes do you wear?

I'll bet if you walked up to one of the cool people, where you work, and asked them if you ask goofy questions, they would say "yes". 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:04 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote:  I READ that the Bengals had like 2 personal fouls which led to the field goal situation. But since I was in the kitchen, I didn't actually SEE the penalties! 

So, the bengals were winning. You go in the kitchen and come back to see Pitt kicking a FG, or right after the FG was kicked.

And you had to read about what happened later? You don't live in the 21st Century where you can rewind live TV? No computer at home?
You watched the game alone? Or, were your friends not able to speak the English language for a short period of time?

Can you really not see what a goober you are?

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:16 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Thanks for the info. Sounds like Marvin Lewis doesn't want to stay. So, it looks as if he's leaving voluntarily.

As long as he leaves.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 01:11 PM)Tama Wrote: To substantially upgrade the gene pool in Cincituky?

Bigger isn't always better.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, the bengals were winning. You go in the kitchen and come back to see Pitt kicking a FG, or right after the FG was kicked.

And you had to read about what happened later? You don't live in the 21st Century where you can rewind live TV? No computer at home?
You watched the game alone? Or, were your friends not able to speak the English language for a short period of time?

Can you really not see what a goober you are?

Dude!

Of course I saw the replay! Over, and over and over! But there were about half a dozen people (mostly Colts fans and one Ravens fan) all talking at once. I had to READ what happened so I understood exactly what transpired. I just couldn't believe it happened at all! Holy crap, man! All the Bengals had to do was take 3 knees in a row. I think there was like a minute and a half left of the game! I was expecting to come back with my pizza slice and the Bengals congratulating themselves on finally winning a playoff game. But NO! They ended up losing! That's why I said WTF?!!

I think my reaction is much like everyone else watching that game - WTF!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:45 PM)McC Wrote: As long as he leaves.

Lol! I guess you're getting your wish, right? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:06 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Well... if you put it that way, I understand! ThumbsUp

Perhaps you should use The Google to read up on Mike Brown......the confusion will end.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 10:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Perhaps you should use The Google to read up on Mike Brown......it will make your head explode.

Thaaaaaaaaats more like it. 

Reply/Quote