Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Geno ?
We need to place an APB on Geno because he's nowhere to be found these past two games...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Held, facemasked, etc.

He had an arm on Ben while his other arm was being wrapped and held by whomever.

Got away with a ton of holding today, but this was really the most blatant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He has faced two of the best centers and one of the best guards in the league so far. Wont happen every week.
Reply/Quote
Can not judge any of the D-line in todays grappling exhibition put on by steelers O-line.

What a farce.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He has faced two of the best centers and one of the best guards in the league so far. Wont happen every week.

That's what I was thinking.  We've gotten lucky and avoided Pouncey due to injury for the last few meetings.
Reply/Quote
I thought he got some good push today but secondly losing Gilberry has been a huge underrated loss.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
got held multiple times today. one time I saw him get double teamed and held by each. lol
Reply/Quote
Anyone who watched the game today could tell he was pretty disruptive when he was in. He may not be getting a sack or TFL every play but he's repeatedly disrupting the run, causing pressure, and taking on double teams most the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:02 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Anyone who watched the game today could tell he was pretty disruptive when he was in. He may not be getting a sack or TFL every play but he's repeatedly disrupting the run, causing pressure, and taking on double teams most the game.

Yep even if a team gameplans against Geno well they're just opening up all of our other players on the front 7 to make more plays. I'd say he's due for an absolute monster of a game any day now.
Reply/Quote
In Geno I trust.

He will emerge as a force again. He is the least of my worries presently.

In fact not that concerned with defense at all presently.

The other side of the ball is a different animal though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Like to see them go to a tear away style of jersey so when the O-line holds like today, they are left standing with nothing but a jersey. Kinda forces the refs to toss a flag.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I very rarely see the Defensive line complain about holding calls, why? It makes me think it's so inconsistent and they've "gotten away" with other things, that they have no "right to complain".

I would love to see Geno get up into a refs face and complain, get flagged, etc.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The whole D line was held pretty much the whole game. Hell, on one play they actually tackled Hunt.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I very rarely see the Defensive line complain about holding calls, why? It makes me think it's so inconsistent and they've "gotten away" with other things, that they have no "right to complain".

I would love to see Geno get up into a refs face and complain, get flagged, etc.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but are you kidding me?  How has that worked in the past?

Marv already tip toes around the league and the officials like he is afraid to start his car when he gets home.

Even raising your voice in disgust to an official would likely get you in the same boat as Burfict.  

There is only one thing they can do:  overcome it.  Be better.  We all know that we won't get calls.

Uzomah's knee
Boyd's knee
Holds all day
Late hit on Dalton that knocked his helmet off and rode him in to the dirt

That is just one game!  The Bengals have someone that puts together video clips and sends it to the league after every game. The NFL states that this is the only acceptable form of protest.  Complaining in the media will be viewed as an attack on the integrity of the game and will not be tolerated.  They are already doing all they can within the scope of the rules.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't mean to sound condescending, but are you kidding me?  How has that worked in the past?

Marv already tip toes around the league and the officials like he is afraid to start his car when he gets home.

Even raising your voice in disgust to an official would likely get you in the same boat as Burfict.  

There is only one thing they can do:  overcome it.  Be better.  We all know that we won't get calls.

Uzomah's knee
Boyd's knee
Holds all day
Late hit on Dalton that knocked his helmet off and rode him in to the dirt

That is just one game!  The Bengals have someone that puts together video clips and sends it to the league after every game. The NFL states that this is the only acceptable form of protest.  Complaining in the media will be viewed as an attack on the integrity of the game and will not be tolerated.  They are already doing all they can within the scope of the rules.  

My complaint is that Marvin needs to start...and I can't believe I'm saying this....but he needs to start going all Harbaugh on the refs during the game.... right now the refs know Marvin will ask something politely then accept their answer as if they are right. I wish he would start getting up in their grill a little bit....
Reply/Quote
Geno has been getting double teamed a lot , where has Dunlap been is the really question has not been able to beat one on one with the tackle.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I very rarely see the Defensive line complain about holding calls, why? It makes me think it's so inconsistent and they've "gotten away" with other things, that they have no "right to complain".

Sometimes complaining to the officials draws the opposite of the desired result.  It became obvious, early in the game that the Steelers OL was going to be allowed to get away with whatever they wanted.  Heck, they even allowed Pouncey to rock back in his stance, and called the Bengals for encroachment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:37 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Geno has been getting double teamed a lot , where has Dunlap been is the really question has not been able to beat one on one with the tackle.

Thing is, Geno is almost always double teamed......
Reply/Quote
Atkins was doubled and held on every play. Theres nothing you can do about that, its on the other three guys to get back there.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sometimes complaining to the officials draws the opposite of the desired result.  It became obvious, early in the game that the Steelers OL was going to be allowed to get away with whatever they wanted.  Heck, they even allowed Pouncey to rock back in his stance, and called the Bengals for encroachment.

That was also a ton of BS.  And you know you're getting shafted by the refs as a Bengals fan when DAN FOUTS will call it out on national TV!!!  That guy is the biggest dweeb, Bengal-hating analyst and he pointed out multiple, not one or two, but like five instances where refs blew calls.  In fairness we had probably one hit that should have been called for being borderline too high, but still 1 no call in our favor vs. what, like 10 no calls in Shittsburgh's favor!?  But I guess we all deep down expected that. Still BS though

I will tell you what I was really impressed with yesterday though...  the quality of the stitching on Geno's jersey!  Ninja  It was being pulled so hard on about every single series, I was surprised it didn't get ripped at least four or five times yesterday.  But no, it held up and he wore the same jersey all day!  Not that is quality gear right there!
Reply/Quote