Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd rips Tomlin
Colin Cowherd took a break from ripping Andy Dalton and other Bengal players today by tearing into Mike Tomlin. Says he's under 500 on teams with an under 500 record. Says he beats his rival Bengals but can't beat New England. Says even though he has a sure HOFer in Big Ben they should have more SB wins than he has. Pointed out how a lot of Steeler players get suspended and how he sent out Joey Porter in the Bengals playoff game and how he tried to trip up a runner in a game. (we all saw that).

Although he ticks me off the way he rips AD as an average QB, I can't really disagree with his assessment of Tomlin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cowherd is an idiotic clown shoe who needs to shut his **** holster.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Cowherd is an idiotic clown shoe who needs to shut his **** holster.
Agreed. But I love it when ANYONE rips the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Here's the video if interested.

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video?vid=792335427589

Hard to disagree with anything he says.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Cowherd is an idiotic clown shoe who needs to shut his **** holster.

Agreed.  Another talking head trying to fill airtime.

But he's right.

Tomlin looked scared/uninspired Sunday (again).

I said on another place:  "If your team is shorthanded & playing a better team you have to be better prepared and willing to take chances. Not Tomlin's style."

Yes, the Steelers had chances.  No I didn't think they would win without playing a perfect game and getting some bounces.  But that 54 yard FG attempt summed up Tomlin for me.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
while the steelers played down to their competition with Cowher, Tomlin seems to have perfected it
People suck
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:46 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Here's the video if interested.

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video?vid=792335427589

Hard to disagree with anything he says.

Thanks for posting that. Pretty much reaffirms what I said.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
They were talking about Tomlin on NFL radio the other day after the mighty Dolphins crushed the Stoolers that when playing sub .300 teams, Tomlin almost never wins.....
Reply/Quote
We shoulda lost that Jets game this year. We would have beat Pittsburgh in week 2.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:55 PM)jason Wrote: We shoulda lost that Jets game this year. We would have beat Pittsburgh in week 2.

maybe they will if the bengals keep losing
People suck
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They were talking about Tomlin on NFL radio the other day after the mighty Dolphins crushed the Stoolers that when playing sub .300 teams, Tomlin almost never wins.....

So if history is any indicator, the Browns will sweep the Steelers this year?

Awesome.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So if history is any indicator, the Browns will sweep the Steelers this year?

Awesome.

No.  they are still the Browns.   Smirk

The Ravens probably will though.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 09:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: No.  they are still the Browns.   Smirk

The Ravens probably will though.  Whatever

Good point.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I don't think Ben is a sure HoF QB. Or at least he shouldn't be if there wasn't a Steelers HoF bias.

How many QB that have played recently can actually get in? P Manning and Brady are locks.

That leaves Ben fighting with Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, and E Manning. Rodgers and Brees have 1 less SB than Ben and Manning, but far better stats. Ben has the worst stats for a SB win ever, so I would put him behind Eli, too. He is probably only ahead of Rivers because Rivers has no ring.

Ben is working on his 13th season. He only has 4,000+ yards 4 times. He only has 30+ tds 1 time. He has 4 Pro Bowls, 0 2nd team all-pro, 0 1st team all-pro.

I see Ben as currently 6th in line for the HoF among recent vet QBs. I don't think that gets him in. At least it shouldn't.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 07:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think Ben is a sure HoF QB. Or at least he shouldn't be if there wasn't a Steelers HoF bias.

How many QB that have played recently can actually get in? P Manning and Brady are locks.

That leaves Ben fighting with Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, and E Manning. Rodgers and Brees have 1 less SB than Ben and Manning, but far better stats. Ben has the worst stats for a SB win ever, so I would put him behind Eli, too. He is probably only ahead of Rivers because Rivers has no ring.

Ben is working on his 13th season. He only has 4,000+ yards 4 times. He only has 30+ tds 1 time. He has 4 Pro Bowls, 0 2nd team all-pro, 0 1st team all-pro.

I see Ben as currently 6th in line for the HoF among recent vet QBs. I don't think that gets him in. At least it shouldn't.

Eli Manning's career passer rating is 83. That's lower than Flacco, Tannehil, Alex Smith, Dalton and Matt Schuab. Eli's career completion percentage is 59.6%. That's not good enough to beat Ryan Fitzpatrick, but it does give him the 0.2% edge over Chad Henne and a 0.1% edge over Josh McCown. Stellar. He is tied for 6th all-time in one stat, but that's most pick 6's thrown.

Then there is Mr. "Winner of 4 playoff games" Rivers. He's one pick 6 away from tying Eli. Woot Woot!

Peyton will be in the HOF while Ben is still playing. Brady and Brees will get in before Ben is even eligible. Rivers is 8 playoff wins away from even getting considered. At this point, Eli only has his 2 Super Bowl wins+ MVPs putting him in the conversation. Ben is a first round lock regardless of Rodgers' eligibility.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Eli Manning's career passer rating is 83. That's lower than Flacco, Tannehil, Alex Smith, Dalton and Matt Schuab. Eli's career completion percentage is 59.6%. That's not good enough to beat Ryan Fitzpatrick, but it does give him the 0.2% edge over Chad Henne and a 0.1% edge over Josh McCown. Stellar. He is tied for 6th all-time in one stat, but that's most pick 6's thrown.

Then there is Mr. "Winner of 4 playoff games" Rivers. He's one pick 6 away from tying Eli. Woot Woot!

Peyton will be in the HOF while Ben is still playing. Brady and Brees will get in before Ben is even eligible. Rivers is 8 playoff wins away from even getting considered. At this point, Eli only has his 2 Super Bowl wins+ MVPs putting him in the conversation. Ben is a first round lock regardless of Rodgers' eligibility.

Yeah, but he played in NY, is Peyton Manning's brother, and won two SB. I honestly don't think he's a particularly great QB, but a lot of people like him, he beat Brady twice in the SB, and has one of the more iconic pass/catches in SB history. He also surprisingly has the same 4 PB, 0 2nd AP, 0 1st AP as Ben.

If you read my post, I already said I listed Rivers behind Ben for the same playoff reason you mentioned. I just said they were in competition with each other.

I just don't see a QB with 4 Pro Bowls, 0 2nd Team All-Pro, 0 1st Team All-Pro in 13 years getting into the HoF. If you can't be the best of your time, you can't be the best of all time, which is what HoF are supposed to be among. It's not even a Bengals/Steelers thing for me. If he had a Peyton-like ending to his career where he has a couple monster stat seasons, add a couple 1st Team All-Pros, add an MVP, and then sure. Ben probably gets in second if not first ballot.

He just lacks accolades right now and almost certainly won't stay healthy enough to play into his late 30s. By the time he becomes eligible say in 8 years, players like Russell Wilson and company will have ~13 years under their belt in a continually more passing friendly league.

Ben found himself sandwiched in between some all time greats, and the up and coming passing friendly generation, while also finding himself with various health issues.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but he played in NY, is Peyton Manning's brother, and won two SB. I honestly don't think he's a particularly great QB, but a lot of people like him, he beat Brady twice in the SB, and has one of the more iconic pass/catches in SB history. He also surprisingly has the same 4 PB, 0 2nd AP, 0 1st AP as Ben.

If you read my post, I already said I listed Rivers behind Ben for the same playoff reason you mentioned. I just said they were in competition with each other.

I just don't see a QB with 4 Pro Bowls, 0 2nd Team All-Pro, 0 1st Team All-Pro in 13 years getting into the HoF. If you can't be the best of your time, you can't be the best of all time, which is what HoF are supposed to be among. It's not even a Bengals/Steelers thing for me. If he had a Peyton-like ending to his career where he has a couple monster stat seasons, add a couple 1st Team All-Pros, add an MVP, and then sure. Ben probably gets in second if not first ballot.

He just lacks accolades right now and almost certainly won't stay healthy enough to play into his late 30s. By the time he becomes eligible say in 8 years, players like Russell Wilson and company will have ~13 years under their belt in a continually more passing friendly league.

Ben found himself sandwiched in between some all time greats, and the up and coming passing friendly generation, while also finding himself with various health issues.

As much as i hate to, i'll have to disagree with you. Ben has 2 rings, the 9th all time rating (94.2) and the intangible necessary; superb at extending plays and completing passes downfield. 

I think Rodgers, Brady, PManning, Brees, Rivers and Ben are all locks. Not all first ballot--Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Ben are--but all will get in. 

Brees has a ring and a ton of records. Rivers, like Fouts, has the numbers and will make it even without the ring. Though i would expect him to take longer than the others. 

EDIT: Forgot EManning. I think he'll get in, but after all the others, even with 2 rings and playing in NY. Maybe before Rivers.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote