Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's west of Westeros?
Westworld of course!

Any fans? Season 4 just started airing after a 2 year hiatus. While I feel like season 3 was a little weak, I got a lot of hopes for this season.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:22 PM)basballguy Wrote: Westworld of course!

Any fans?  Season 4 just started airing after a 2 year hiatus.  While I feel like season 3 was a little weak, I got a lot of hopes for this season.

I enjoyed the first two seasons, but I am terrible at paying 100% attention while watching a show. I feel Westworld is one of those shows where if you're not completely invested you end up needing a notebook and flow chart to keep up with all the who what where when and whys. One thing I find brilliant about the show is its rewatchability though, especially the first season. Going through it again knowing the ending makes you notice and appreciate a lot of the genius of the show with all the little clues that they had been dropping the entire time. 

Wife and I will probably end up binging it in August. And then I'll have a bunch of reading to do at work so I can understand wtf is going on half the time LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:22 PM)basballguy Wrote: Westworld of course!

Any fans? Season 4 just started airing after a 2 year hiatus. While I feel like season 3 was a little weak, I got a lot of hopes for this season.

I'm just into the 3rd season now, and it's losing me. They need to put the cowboy hats back on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 02:25 PM)jason Wrote: I'm just into the 3rd season now, and it's losing me. They need to put the cowboy hats back on.

Season 3 is such a hard watch.  I've had to watch it several times because i keep losing interest but it's a good storyline if smartphones didn't exist to distract me.  It reminds me of Tenet.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
need to get back to this... Wife and I loved season 1 then lost out HBO at the time... Need to watch this before the new GoT series comes in august.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 08:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: need to get back to this... Wife and I loved season 1 then lost out HBO at the time...  Need to watch this before the new GoT series comes in august.

Very curious to see how that goes. Don't think I've ever seen a series go from phenomenon to afterthought as fast as GoT. New showrunners have a big task in restoring faith to that franchise.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:42 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Very curious to see how that goes. Don't think I've ever seen a series go from phenomenon to afterthought as fast as GoT. New showrunners have a big task in restoring faith to that franchise.

Show went to crap when they passed the books.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Show went to crap when they passed the books.

To be fair Feast and Dance werent great books either.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:00 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair Feast and Dance werent great books either.

F**k GRRM. Guy is trying to act like a Tolkien when he hasn't even completed anything yet. He should just finish his work already, rather than trying to branch out into a million different other things trying to stay relevant. 

He'll never finish the books. The execution of the show was absolute garbage, but the ending in itself makes sense. GRRM is now in a corner of either arrive at (essentially) the same ending that was panned because he never gave the showrunners the guidance they needed or audible into some fan-fictionesque ending to attempt to appease the masses.

To try and get back to Westworld, I feel like nowadays these showrunners and executives are trying way too hard to make franchises and expanded universes when they could just make an extremely solid shorter-lived show. There are already signs of the wheels starting to loosen by the end of Season 3. Hopefully season 4 can right the ship a little and they can finish strong, rather than trying to stretch it out to 8-10 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:00 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair Feast and Dance werent great books either.

Feast was really good... Not as action heavy as the previous 2 but the political aspects were pretty grand.   Dance being the other half was a little disappointing after such a long wait then a long boat ride...

But they were decently far off the books at these points too
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:21 AM)basballguy Wrote: Season 3 is such a hard watch.  I've had to watch it several times because i keep losing interest but it's a good storyline if smartphones didn't exist to distract me.  It reminds me of Tenet.  

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm not feeling the out in the real world story so far. I'm 2 and 1/2 episodes in at the moment. I loved the first 2 seasons. The end of the second season was great. I really liked the Ghost Nation episode. Unfortunately my watching is stalled because my debit card got hit in New York and is currently locked... HBO max is on hold til I get a new one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So wife and I did binge Westworld season 4 over the past 3 days. First couple of episodes were a very slow burn. 4-7 were amazing. Finale was, well, not final enough for me. Not that this is that active, but I'll avoid spoilers. Just feel like they had a real opportunity to close the book on Westworld and really go out on a high note. Seasons 1 and 2 were great, 3 was a lull, and 4 was able to bring it back. But now they've done a pseudo reboot, and it makes the buildup to the finale feel cheap now.
Reply/Quote