Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i watched prey
i watched it with my son and gotta say it was decent. the vilonce was kinda high at times but i liked it over all. i liked the time setting and the indians theme. ive only seen the first 2 predators and this one but i thought it resembled the first one a lot but in a different style. really nice the shots they had of the land and it was a pretty fun movie to see. thought it was a good story.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:26 PM)Leon Wrote: i watched it with my son and gotta say it was decent. the vilonce was kinda high at times but i liked it over all. i liked the time setting and the indians theme. ive only seen the first 2 predators and this one but i thought it resembled the first one a lot but in a different style. really nice the shots they had of the land and it was a pretty fun movie to see. thought it was a good story.

It’s a Predator movie…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:26 PM)Leon Wrote: i watched it with my son and gotta say it was decent. the vilonce was kinda high at times but i liked it over all. i liked the time setting and the indians theme. ive only seen the first 2 predators and this one but i thought it resembled the first one a lot but in a different style. really nice the shots they had of the land and it was a pretty fun movie to see. thought it was a good story.

Yes, I thought it was great myself. Best of all the Predator movies and I love all of them. Great cinematography using drones
and such. Extremely original story line and great acting from Amber Midthunder and the dude that plays her brother.

And yeah, a Predator movie is going to have a lot of violence lol
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 05:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, I thought it was great myself. Best of all the Predator movies and I love all of them. Great cinematography using drones
and such. Extremely original story line and great acting from Amber Midthunder and the dude that plays her brother.

And yeah, a Predator movie is going to have a lot of violence lol

It was Good i put it on Par With Predator 2.

Predator
Prey / Predator 2
Predators

** Did not watch THE Predator...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: It was Good i put it on Par With Predator 2.

Predator
Prey / Predator 2
Predators

** Did not watch THE Predator...

Haven't watched The Predator yet either. Want to, don't know how I can unless I buy it.

I guess I can agree with your ranking. Really liked Prey though.

Still, the original is hard to beat with Arnold and good ole Jesse Ventura. The one part where Creed loses his arm while 
shooting at the Predator and getting impaled is iconic Action.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haven't watched The Predator yet either. Want to, don't know how I can unless I buy it.

Still, the original is hard to beat with Arnold and good ole Jesse Ventura. The one part where Creed loses his arm while 

His was my favorite character in the movie. His remark after no one wants a chew in the chopper would never survive the final cut today
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 05:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His was my favorite character in the movie. His remark after no one wants a chew in the chopper would never survive the final cut today

No doubt LMAO!!!

He is a T-Rex ha ha!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haven't watched The Predator yet either. Want to, don't know how I can unless I buy it.

please dont take this as a knock on Prey i loved it.  And i Love 2...  It just didnt top the 1st one.. IDK if any predator movie ever will..
I have a Copy of the Governors Edition lol (Arnold and Jesse both Governors )

Will say they are set up for Prey 2.... if they want to do it..  as the Predators need to come collect that pistol.

And Prey did get all the 1 liners in there except the choppa. (Cause you know no choppas yet) So they could remake almost remake the Predator musical.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: please dont take this as a knock on Prey i loved it.  And i Love 2...  It just didnt top the 1st one.. IDK if any predator movie ever will..
I have a Copy of the Governors Edition lol  (Arnold and Jesse both Governors )

Will say they are set up for Prey 2.... if they want to do it..  as the Predators need to come collect that pistol.

And Prey did get all the 1 liners in there except the choppa. (Cause you know no choppas yet)      So they could remake almost remake the Predator musical.

That is cool the Governors Edition lol

Forgot about that pistol, nice would love a Prey 2.

In the end I do think you are correct and no Predator will ever top the original. It was iconic as I said in my 2nd post.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: please dont take this as a knock on Prey i loved it.  And i Love 2...  It just didnt top the 1st one.. IDK if any predator movie ever will..
I have a Copy of the Governors Edition lol  (Arnold and Jesse both Governors )

And Prey did get all the 1 liners in there except the choppa. (Cause you know no choppas yet)      So they could remake almost remake the Predator musical.

Why do I get the feeling that the Predators come to collect the MC from Prey and she travels with them. That would make a ridiculous, but cool movie.

I wish I had never watched Cinemasins and other critical reviewers as they have shot what used to be an incredible suspension of disbelief.

Over all I would rank it somewhere with Predator 2 as 2nd best movie in the franchise.

My main gripes with this movie was the final fight. We've seen how ridiculously fast and strong the predator is. Strength from knocking a bear out with one punch. Speed from the Lost World tall grass running sequence where he ran down the two of them. They could have easily cut that fight better to include more traps and ways for her to screw with or slow down the Predator, but she ended up in multiple scenarios where the Predator could have and should have easily killed her. 

Only thing I would say to counter that was an issue with him not being able to see her because she took the magic blood cooling flower thing ahead of the fight, but he still got his hands on her. I also hated the shield and rock sequence. I seriously doubt it would be that easy to rip off one of a predators mandible things.

Alas. Still a good movie. Definitely recommend it to fans of the series. The Predator is fun to watch, but it's definitely the worst movie.

The Predator spoilers ahead:

******************************Old ass Spoilers*********************************

iirc they had a set of Predator armor in that movie which could have been made a super interesting concept, but did not use it the way I expected. I think the overall story arc had a lot of potential they just did not use it in the way I thought. Almost like there was a mega police predator that they use in case a Predator defects or his technology is taken and not destroyed. What would have been awesome would have been having the MC don the predator armor and tech to even the playing field with the 2nd Predator.
Reply/Quote