Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's with all the Twitter boycotts?
So rather than admit he screwed up Musk had another poll to see if the guy should be reinstated.

It didn't go the way he planned...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Quote:Twitter has a bug where suspended accounts could still use Twitter Spaces. Since everyone who knows that codebase has been fired, Twitter has shut down the entire Twitter Spaces feature.

[Image: JWg8Oe6B_mini.jpg]

Bradley Eversley

@ForeverEversley
·
9h
Holy ****. Elon Musk just popped into a Twitter Spaces chat with a bunch of journalists. He was called out by journalist Drew Harrell, who he banned, for lying about posting links to his private information, then leaves almost immediately after being pressed. Here is the exchange

https://twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1603681936513585153?s=20&t=CqT0YJXNtk1KrSXbzn14Sw

Link rather than embedded because of a dirty word in the tweet.
Reply/Quote
Hot take - Musk, Kanye, and Trump have all secretly agreed to act as crazy and miserable and obsessed as the biggest loser you ever met in order to convince the masses that they don't want to be rich and powerful after all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is ranting today about in some parts of the world Journalist get killed for crossing people so comparatively he took it easy on them. I feel like he ends up pulling a McAfee and going completely off the reservation. Some however are wondering if this is a distraction as he continues to liquidate TESLA stock even thought, shock I know, he said he wouldn't sell anymore and has twice since that comment.
Reply/Quote
It's almost as if some folks were right when they said all along that Musk wasn't actually acting in good faith as he talked about free speech on Twitter and that instead he wanted to be authoritarian in nature.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 08:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's almost as if some folks were right when they said all along that Musk wasn't actually acting in good faith as he talked about free speech on Twitter and that instead he wanted to be authoritarian in nature.

Who could have ever seen this coming?!?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 09:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Who could have ever seen this coming?!?

Certainly not his investors.... Cool

https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon-musks-team-seeks-new-investors-twitter-semafor-2022-12-16/

Quote:Elon Musk's team seeks new funding for Twitter, investor says
By Hyunjoo Jin

Dec 16 (Reuters) - Elon Musk’s team has reached out to investors to raise new funds for his struggling social media platform Twitter, one of the investors said.

Ross Gerber, president and CEO at Gerber Kawasaki Wealth & Investment Management, told Reuters that he was contacted by a Musk representative about offering more shares at the same price, $54.20, that Musk paid to take the company private in October.

Jared Birchall, the managing director of Elon Musk's family office reached out to potential investors this week, news platform Semafor reported on Friday, citing two people familiar with the fundraising effort.

Twitter and Musk did not respond to Reuters requests for comments.

Twitter has seen advertisers flee amid worries about Musk's approach to policing tweets, hitting revenues and its ability to pay interest on the $13 billion debt that Musk took on to buy the social media company.

Musk sold another $3.6 billion worth of shares in Tesla earlier this week, making it nearly $40 billion worth of shares in the electric-vehicle company sold this year.

Tesla shares on Friday posted their worst weekly loss since March 2020, with investors increasingly concerned about Musk being distracted by Twitter and the slowing global economy.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 10:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: So rather than admit he screwed up Musk had another poll to see if the guy should be reinstated.

Make banning democratic. 

Poll till you get the results you want.

Then the people have spoken.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 10:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: So rather than admit he screwed up Musk had another poll to see if the guy should be reinstated.

Did Elon Musk really make a poll where all 4 options were various forms of "don't ban him" when he wanted people to support him banning someone? 

He should have made one that said:

Do you think I was right to ban that guy?

A - Yes you were.
B - Yes, and I am super gay.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did Elon Musk really make a poll where all 4 options were various forms of "don't ban him" when he wanted people to support him banning someone? 

He should have made one that said:

Do you think I was right to ban that guy?

A - Yes you were.
B - Yes, and I am super gay.

He did...and then the second poll also said the accounts should be reinstated.  And they were.

To my mind Musk is just setting up to allow these polls to bring back any and all accounts he wants to show how "fair" he is.
Reply/Quote
New to Twitter:  Don't you dare say you are on any other social media sites!

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:31 PM)pally Wrote:  

Don't believe I have ever voted on a twitter poll.

Wasn't he the one worried about bots when he was buying the company? He sure seems faithful in internet polls. 
I'd imagine there are plenty of people going after the richest man in the world especially when he starts pulling a kanye. 

Elon might be neuralinking into monkeys and all types of shit so who knows, maybe he will be able to talk to the aliens and it will be through twitter
Reply/Quote