Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Left Handed Admiration Thread
(08-12-2018, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even tools like circular saw and angle grinders are rigged for Right handed use.  If you use the circular saw Left handed?  You blow the sawdust all over yourself, rather than away from you.  No fun on hot, humid days. 

And the thumb safety button on new power tools. I've started looking for old ones just so I don't have to deal with that. Redid the wood floors in a house I bought years ago. Worst part was the thumb safety on the belt sander.

Cords on tools are a problem sometimes, too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even tools like circular saw and angle grinders are rigged for Right handed use.  If you use the circular saw Left handed?  You blow the sawdust all over yourself, rather than away from you.  No fun on hot, humid days. 

Circular saw?? I thought they quit making those in like 1980?? Lol Worm drive baby!!  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 11:47 AM)Benton Wrote: And the thumb safety button on new power tools. I've started looking for old ones just so I don't have to deal with that. Redid the wood floors in a house I bought years ago. Worst part was the thumb safety on the belt sander.

Cords on tools are a problem sometimes, too. 

I hate those safety buttons! They'd be great, if we had 3 hands!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am also semi-ambidextrous.  I throw a ball, shoot long guns right handed, but eat, write, throw darts, shoot a pistol left handed.  Some things are about equally articulate in either hand, like swing an axe, or baseball bat.  However, that time I was learning how to play bass guitar?  Absolutely left handed.

My father made a similar stance, at my elementary school.

I'm a righty, but pretty much use my left when shooting anything. Drove my rifle instructor crazy! Also shoot pool lefty and throw lefty but can't bat lefty.... I'm a mess!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
I think a few people misunderstand what ambidextrous means.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Toked a "lefty" or two in my day, does that count

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 10:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I used to get bad grades because I couldn't write like the old letters that would be above the black board as a child, when they are IMPOSSIBLE to make the same using the left hand.

The persecution is bad enough that my father, a lefty, told me, a lefty, that I had to join in correcting my nephew from his attempts to be left handed when he was a young child.  He and the boys parents decided that was best for him so he wouldn't face the same difficulties in school that my father and I both faced.  It was left on left crime, in my mind.

Back when I was a kid getting lousy grades they just chalked it up to me being lazy. So what that I was dyslexic until I was about 10.. I should have been able to function just right in a backwards world.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
My 10 month old son is showing signs of being ambidextrous.  He'll grab his food with his right hand, then he'll use his left hand.  Not one hand is dominant yet.  He beats an bangs his toys with both hands equally. Not sure when a dominate hands starts showing up, but I thought it would have by now.  Both Me and the wife are righty's, but we have lots of left handed people in both our families. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 7d037819edb76fa542933129261dae5c.jpg]

The "old left-hander" approves of this thread, as he is "rounding third and heading home!" :andy:
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My 10 month old son is showing signs of being ambidextrous.  He'll grab his food with his right hand, then he'll use his left hand.  Not one hand is dominant yet.  He beats an bangs his toys with both hands equally. Not sure when a dominate hands starts showing up, but I thought it would have by now.  Both Me and the wife are righty's, but we have lots of left handed people in both our families. 

As a lefty, I want to say thank you for not shipping off your offspring to an asylum as soon as he displayed signs of left handedness.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My 10 month old son is showing signs of being ambidextrous.  He'll grab his food with his right hand, then he'll use his left hand.  Not one hand is dominant yet.  He beats an bangs his toys with both hands equally.  Not sure when a dominate hands starts showing up, but I thought it would have by now.  Both Me and the wife are righty's, but we have lots of left handed people in both our families. 

I heard somewhere that Roger Staubach was ambidextrous.  When he was at Purcell he supposedly once pitched both games of a double header.  One right handed and one left handed.

Tried to confirm through google but could not find anything.  Could be just a legand.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:46 AM)Benton Wrote:  I had a teacher call me evil in elementary school but that was it.

Are you sure it wasn't "sinister"?

sinister

Sinister means evil. It comes from the Italian word sinistra, meaning left.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My 10 month old son is showing signs of being ambidextrous.  He'll grab his food with his right hand, then he'll use his left hand.  Not one hand is dominant yet.  He beats an bangs his toys with both hands equally.  Not sure when a dominate hands starts showing up, but I thought it would have by now.  Both Me and the wife are righty's, but we have lots of left handed people in both our families. 

Honestly think I was a leftie... But in kindergarden my hand writing was equally bad  so they said I was a righty.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 09:01 AM)Benton Wrote: As a lefty, I want to say thank you for not shipping off your offspring to an asylum as soon as he displayed signs of left handedness.

For being a lefty?  Nah, I wouldn't do that.  Now if he was a ginger.....that's a horse of a different color.  Gingers are known to steal your very soul. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 02:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: For being a lefty?  Nah, I wouldn't do that.  Now if he was a ginger.....that's a horse of a different color.  Gingers are known to steal your very soul. 

My daughter and granddaughter are both red heads.. Neither have been known to steal souls. In fact, both are quite beautiful and very sweet young ladies . Then again I am slightly biased towards my own kids and grandkids..  That's of course my sworn duty as a father and grandfather.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 12:48 AM)grampahol Wrote: My daughter and granddaughter are both red heads.. Neither have been known to steal souls. In fact, both are quite beautiful and very sweet young ladies . Then again I am slightly biased towards my own kids and grandkids..  That's of course my sworn duty as a father and grandfather.  

Personally, I've always found redheads to be among the greatest creations.

Right after us lefites.  Smirk 
Reply/Quote