Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your reaction
(04-24-2018, 11:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I see a LT getting pushed backwards to much.....

What a useless video; he rewinds and fast forwards so much, its all redundant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:38 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: The CINCINNATI BENGALS SELECT!!! TACKLE KOLTON MILLER!!! Lol I think its very realistic. What would be your reaction? 2nd round we would get price .

I don't find it to be realistic at all unless he fell to us in the late 3rd or something. That was a smokescreen from Lap,
he didn't even mention Miller's name the last time he spoke. Miller doesn't fit what we need at RT, we need a RT that
can run block and pass block and has some bend. Miller is a poor run blocker and doesn't have much bend at all.

McGlinchey is much more realistic but even then i think we take Ragnow or Wynn ahead of him.

You want your first round pick to be a starter immediately especially if it is a first round O-lineman. You never know if
even McGlinchey would beat out Fisher honestly. Wynn might be the best OT in this class and he can play Guard as
well. I take him if i want a guy to take Fisher's spot and if he doesn't take Fish's spot, great he is a great RG.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:38 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: The CINCINNATI BENGALS SELECT!!! TACKLE KOLTON MILLER!!! Lol I think its very realistic. What would be your reaction? 2nd round we would get price .

:paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So I seen a rumor on facebook James daniels is saying he's getting drafted by us. I'm changing my pick to him.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What a useless video; he rewinds and fast forwards so much, its all redundant.

I had to turn the sound off and I will admit I only watched half of it because of all the rewind stuff..
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:40 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a big fan of Miller's but if the Bengals choose to select him ?  Certainly will hope to be wrong about him then.

It is a position of need but he reminds me of Ced somewhat and think he is hit or miss and Bengals need a sure hit.

But will happily cheer for him if selected and hope he is the next greatest thing.

If that were to happen and we take this idiot at 21,it could lead me to commit a serious crime.I want Frank Ragnow and no one else at 21.He is a mauler,mean nasty and super strong and him and Dalton would jell,I am telling you.Our offense would be a huge upgrade and I feel him alone is going to help us win 10 games.We cannot go into 2018 without him or Daniels. He is the best center in this draft in 10 years.If they pass on Ragnow,I am calling for impeachment of Marvin the Parvin.He will find horseshit in his yard.Just kidding about that,but maybe a flying pig.Come on coach,do the right thing and get this guy and there is a rumor that the dirty birds are after him.Go figure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:40 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a big fan of Miller's but if the Bengals choose to select him ?  Certainly will hope to be wrong about him then.

It is a position of need but he reminds me of Ced somewhat and think he is hit or miss and Bengals need a sure hit.

But will happily cheer for him if selected and hope he is the next greatest thing.

If that were to happen and we take this idiot at 21,it could lead me to commit a serious crime.I want Frank Ragnow and no one else at 21.He is a mauler,mean nasty and super strong and him and Dalton would jell,I am telling you.Our offense would be a huge upgrade and I feel him alone is going to help us win 10 games.We cannot go into 2018 without him or Daniels. He is the best center in this draft in 10 years.If they pass on Ragnow,I am calling for impeachment of Marvin the Parvin.He will find horseshit in his yard.Just kidding about that,but maybe a flying pig.Come on coach,do the right thing and get this guy and there is a rumor that the dirty birds are after him.Go figure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What a useless video; he rewinds and fast forwards so much, its all redundant.

It isn't a highlight reel. He is rewinding and fast forwarding because he has things he wants to talk about (his footwork, his hand placement, his kick step etc) that he wants to demonstrate in real time with the video.

I find his videos to be some of the best in terms of evaluating a player. He doesn't just show you a player's best plays or worst plays set to music. He watches the player's games and then picks 10 to 15 plays that he feels best demonstrates the player's strengths and weaknesses and breaks them down to each fundamental aspect of playing whatever position the player he is evaluating plays.

Like in this video, talking about how he has good feet, but he never punches. He gets punched. Or the fact that he doesn't have the correct posture, which gives him a flimsy base (and compares him to the RT, who is doing it right in his opinion). 

I think it's really nice to have a video like this where he's explaining exactly what he sees and exactly what he likes or dislikes about each play.

Because, by the numbers, Miller is pretty good. Didn't allow a ton of sacks or pressures or hits but this video breaks down why, beyond the numbers, Miller may not work out in the NFL unless he fixes these various problems in his technique and strength.

Maybe other people can watch videos and see what he's seeing so all you need is a video compilation of each of his plays.

But for someone like me, this video was incredibly helpful in understanding what Miller is not good at and why he would be a dangerous pick to make in the first round.
Reply/Quote
Cracks me up to hear so many people here crowing like they no more about evaluating college football players than professional scouts.

I gurantee that if you went back and looked at the mock drafts from all of the resident "experts" you would see a lot of big misses. They might puff up an brag about one they got right one time, but I bet they won't post all there previous mock drafts to prove they are never wrong.

If NFL scout have Miller pegged as a first round player then I am betting they know more than the people here claiming Miller is garbage.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cracks me up to hear so many people here crowing like they no more about evaluating college football players than professional scouts.

I gurantee that if you went back and looked at the mock drafts from all of the resident "experts" you would see a lot of big misses.  They might puff up an  brag about one they got right one time, but I bet they won't post all there previous mock drafts to prove they are never wrong.

If NFL scout have Miller pegged as a first round player then I am betting they know more than the people here claiming Miller is garbage.

An NFL scout also told the Bengals Ogbuehi would be a good first round pick.

It's not about proving scouts wrong or anything. It's about recognizing patterns. And, for the Bengals, drafting a player who played poorly in college but has "potential" is a teachable moment from when they did it with Ogbuehi.

Don't do that with Miller 3 years later.
Reply/Quote
I would laugh hysterically.

And then cry.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: An NFL scout also told the Bengals Ogbuehi would be a good first round pick.

It's not about proving scouts wrong or anything. It's about recognizing patterns. And, for the Bengals, drafting a player who played poorly in college but has "potential" is a teachable moment from when they did it with Ogbuehi.

Precisely....no one is infallible.  For the record....I wouldn't call him garbage.....I just wouldn't like that pick in round 1, or even round 2 with the needs we have, and needing them to be sure fire day 1 starters.  I know that's a crapshoot, and there's no way of knowing if a guy is a can't miss type of player, but the ones that are considered can't miss prospects are the ones we need.  No more gambles, injured players, or projects please.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It isn't a highlight reel. He is rewinding and fast forwarding because he has things he wants to talk about (his footwork, his hand placement, his kick step etc) that he wants to demonstrate in real time with the video.

I find his videos to be some of the best in terms of evaluating a player. He doesn't just show you a player's best plays or worst plays set to music. He watches the player's games and then picks 10 to 15 plays that he feels best demonstrates the player's strengths and weaknesses and breaks them down to each fundamental aspect of playing whatever position the player he is evaluating plays.

Like in this video, talking about how he has good feet, but he never punches. He gets punched. Or the fact that he doesn't have the correct posture, which gives him a flimsy base (and compares him to the RT, who is doing it right in his opinion). 

I think it's really nice to have a video like this where he's explaining exactly what he sees and exactly what he likes or dislikes about each play.

Because, by the numbers, Miller is pretty good. Didn't allow a ton of sacks or pressures or hits but this video breaks down why, beyond the numbers, Miller may not work out in the NFL unless he fixes these various problems in his technique and strength.

Maybe other people can watch videos and see what he's seeing so all you need is a video compilation of each of his plays.

But for someone like me, this video was incredibly helpful in understanding what Miller is not good at and why he would be a dangerous pick to make in the first round.

I completely get what he's trying to do, but you don't need to go back and forth *7* times on one play, to prove your point.

Not to mention, its hard on the eyes (well, my eyes, anyways).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

I would think they just drafted Margus Hunt 2.0.  You don't draft on measurables, you draft on game tape....especially in Rd 1
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Meh, he wouldn’t be my first pick but I’m an idiot, so what do I know.

C'mon man...give yourself some credit.  You are here.  You are not a steeler fan.  That immediately puts you in the top 50% of people in the world.  
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty adamant on one of our two picks being an offensive lineman, so if that doesn't happen I'm going to be absolutely livid. Beyond that, I'm trying to keep an open mind about the draft as a whole. We have a new defensive coordinator, a new offensive coordinator (basically), and a new offensive line coach. New coaches get the benefit of the doubt.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:09 AM)hollodero Wrote: My reaction is pretty much the same. I couldn't possibly tell from highlight tapes and expert consensus who can turn out to be valuable. I do know I want O-line picks early and often. So yeah. I would want other O-liners from what I read, but important to me is that the position's right in principle.

Now picking a corner (or a QB or a WR or...), that would make me angry.

Then you better be prepared to go all Hulk here.
I suspect BPA in round 1 will be Josh Jackson when it's Bengals turn to pick
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: An NFL scout also told the Bengals Ogbuehi would be a good first round pick.

Yes sir, we aren't all experts and don't claim to be. We just make observations on a message board, you know like
for what the message board is here for. Miller has little bend and is not a good run blocker, these are facts.

Connor Williams is actually the one OT that reminds me the most of Og in this Draft. Don't do that either.
Reply/Quote
I actually think this year they will break from the usual BPA mold in order to complete refitting the Offensive Line. I think (and this is purely opinion) that the OL play especially last season was so embarrassingly bad that even our fossilized front office feel compelled to act.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Then you better be prepared to go all Hulk here.
I suspect BPA in round 1 will be Josh Jackson when it's Bengals turn to pick

As unhappy as that would make me, I'd much rather have him than Miller.

I realize I don't know enough to make an informed decision.  But that is my take.
Reply/Quote