Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What salaries do you wanna see off the books next year???
Dre K, Andy even tho its not guaranteed and Cordy G are the 3 i want dumped. I understand that means you have to be aggressive in spending which we all know never happens
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton
Cordy Glenn
Nick Vigil
Reply/Quote
Dalton
Glenn
Dre K
Vigil
Fat Randy
and, in a perfect world....

Mike Brown
Duke Tobin
Katie Blackburn
Troy Blackburn
the rest of Mike’s spawn...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:01 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Dre K, Andy even tho its not guaranteed and Cordy G are the 3 i want dumped. I understand that means you have to be aggressive in spending which we all know never happens
Why glenn? His impact can’t be understated.
(12-24-2019, 12:27 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Andy Dalton
Cordy Glenn
Nick Vigil
Yeah get ride of our best tackle and a top 10 lber in the league since we cut brown.
(12-24-2019, 04:37 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Dalton
Glenn
Dre K
Vigil
Fat Randy
and, in a perfect world....

Mike Brown
Duke Tobin
Katie Blackburn
Troy Blackburn
the rest of Mike’s spawn...
Yeah get rid of of our best tackle and a top 10 lber since we cut brown
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:01 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Dre K, Andy even tho its not guaranteed and Cordy G are the 3 i want dumped. I understand that means you have to be aggressive in spending which we all know never happens

Trade AD either before/during 2020 draft or hold him for trade during TC 2020. He will start for someone else in 2020, only makes 17 million a year (1 year) so a NFL team will gladly give us at least a 3rd round pick for him, maybe more.

That gives us 17 million more cap space.

I would then try and sign Green for 2 or 3 year team friendly deal with maximum of 10 million a year. Thus, we net 7 million in cap space savings with no AD + Green.

I would then look to lock up Mixon long term. Draft Burrow and then best OT in round #2.

I would pursue a LB like Littleton from Rams
http://www.nfl.com/player/corylittleton/2556593/profile

I would try and trade Kirkpatrick and go after a lock down CB in free agency

I would resign Eifert for another 1 year 5 million deal, but draft a TE in round 3 or 4
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Zac taylor
And the Coaching Staff Save Simmons

Players
If we draft Burrow then Dalton has to come off the books and his money turned into support for burrow.
Reply/Quote
People calling for Bullock to be replaced crack me up
You need to go look around the league and see how good a season he has had. Several teams have shuffled kickers during the season trying to find someone who can make kicks. Hell, the Titans have MISSED more FG's than they have made. Be careful what you wish for.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trade AD either before/during 2020 draft or hold him for trade during TC 2020. He will start for someone else in 2020, only makes 17 million a year (1 year) so a NFL team will gladly give us at least a 3rd round pick for him, maybe more.

I would then try and sign Green for 2 or 3 year team friendly deal with maximum of 10 million a year. Thus, we net 7 million in cap space savings with no AD + Green.

I would then look to lock up Mixon long term. Draft Burrow and then best OT in round #2.

I would resign Eifert for another 1 year 5 million deal, but draft a TE in round 3 or 4

We're not getting at least a 3rd round pick for Dalton.  I'd say 3rd round is probably the most anyone will give up for him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:53 PM)Fullrock Wrote: We're not getting at least a 3rd round pick for Dalton.  I'd say 3rd round is probably the most anyone will give up for him. 

Same poster who defends Randy and thinks all time Bengals passing TD leader should be given away.  Nervous
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:51 PM)Fullrock Wrote: People calling for Bullock to be replaced crack me up
You need to go look around the league and see how good a season he has had.  Several teams have shuffled kickers during the season trying to find someone who can make kicks. Hell, the Titans have MISSED more FG's than they have made. Be careful what you wish for.

ThumbsUp  He's the least of our problems. Or close to it anyhow.
Reply/Quote
Off the books?
There's just too much. I'd rather we put more AAA Quality FA's on the books. Then that tells me who to get rid of.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trade AD either before/during 2020 draft or hold him for trade during TC 2020. He will start for someone else in 2020, only makes 17 million a year (1 year) so a NFL team will gladly give us at least a 3rd round pick for him, maybe more.

Green will get 12+/year
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Same poster who defends Randy and thinks all time Bengals passing TD leader should be given away.  Nervous

It's a skewed stat. Today's game is MUCH more a passing game than it was even 20 years ago. For example, Boomer Esiason played in 2 more games as a Bengal than Dalton has, yet Dalton has nearly 1000 more pass attempts than Boomer did. 

I didn't say anything about giving Dalton away. I'm simply being realistic. No one is giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a 32 year old QB who has been less than average except 1 year of his 9 year career. 

Randy has missed 4 FG's, is perfect on extra points, and has 1 of 3 (i believe) successful onsides kicks in the league this season. No, he hasn't attempted as many extra points as a lot of other kickers on this putrid offense, but he's 1 of only 4 who hasn't missed. His little 2 million dollar salaray is hardly one to worry about getting off the books. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 01:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Off the books?
There's just too much. I'd rather we put more AAA Quality FA's on the books. Then that tells me who to get rid of.

This is how it needs to be done. Sign the guys first and then cut if you cant get a trade for the player.
Reply/Quote
I don't care what they pay nor to who. It's not my money so why should I care?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart
BW Webb
Andy Dalton

I'd like to get rid of guys that do the most sucking, and Hart/Webb are pretty high on that list. It's not so much about cap as it is about getting a more capable player on the roster through FA or the draft.

I just think Andy's time is done. Use the cap room on something else. Having a vet to mentor Burrow would be well and good, but I'd hope to find one that didn't eat up 14 mil in cap. That's one expensive nanny. I'd rather spend the money on a better guard or tackle to keep him from getting Klinglered in year 1.

I'd throw AJ in, too. I'd love to have AJ if he could be even 70 percent the player he's been when healthy. I'm not sure we get that at this point. I just don't like the idea f paying him 15 plus mil to miss half or more of another season. I wouldn't give him 18 mil for the franchise tag, either. Eating up all that cap just gives them another excuse to be lazy in free agency.
Reply/Quote
Dalton
Dre K
Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:53 PM)Fullrock Wrote: We're not getting at least a 3rd round pick for Dalton.  I'd say 3rd round is probably the most anyone will give up for him. 

(12-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton
Dre K
Vigil.

Vigil is our best lber and has been a top 10 lber in the league since we cut brown
Reply/Quote

This, plus I would fire the entire coaching staff besides Simmons and bring in Ron Rivera to build his own.
Reply/Quote
For me:

1-Andy Dalton
2- Dre Kirk
3- Shawn Williams
4- Cordy Glenn

All of these cuts should add @43million to the cap that can add some solid players if they spend the money
Reply/Quote