Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What salaries do you wanna see off the books next year???
For everyone that wants to get rid of Vigil, you know we only have like 3 LBers on the team, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Vigil is our best lber and has been a top 10 lber in the league since we cut brown

I agree with this.  For all of the shit we gave Vigil, in the first half of the season, he has really stepped up and shown some development, since Brown was waived.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Vigil is our best lber and has been a top 10 lber in the league since we cut brown

According to PFF. Not to mention, it took him 3.5 years, a contract year, and facing a lot of bad offenses to finally be not awful.

Since Brown was cut, the Bengals have played the...
24th (Raiders)
25th (Steelers)
28th (Jets)
22nd (Browns)
6th (Patriots)
25th (Dolphins)
...scoring offenses.

I think I would bank more on the 3.5 years of tape we have on Vigil than 6 weeks against 5 bad offenses when it comes to giving him money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dalton
Glenn
Kirkpatrick

$26M right there.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 06:20 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: For me:

1-Andy Dalton
2- Dre Kirk
3- Shawn Williams
4- Cordy Glenn

All of these cuts should add @43million to the cap that can add some solid players if they spend the money

Sorry man, but you cannot replace those players with that same money, in an open free agent market.  

You're not going to replace Williams' production at his same price, same with Glenn, or even Dalton.  Dre Kirkpatrick makes sense, but you still need a starter to fill his spot.  Where are you getting that starter?  Are you paying a hefty premium for one in free agency?  Are you trading back up into the 1st round, to get a CB who can be a day 1 starter?

Same with Glenn at LT.  Sure, he pissed us all off with the rather extended concussion protocol, but the line has been noticeably better since he suited back up.  You're not going to match what he can do, for less money on the open market.  Sure, we have Jonah Williams coming back next year.  But, do we need to have a capable LT on hand, in case he struggles?  Wouldn't Glenn playing Guard next to Williams be an exciting prospect to think about?

I'd much rather see them trade Dalton, to a team desperate for a starting QB, and get something in return.  Rather than simply cutting him for nothing in return.  At the very least, they can hold him to the trade deadline, and have him bridge the gap for Joe.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dalton
Dre
Webb
Hart
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 06:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For everyone that wants to get rid of Vigil, you know we only have like 3 LBers on the team, right?

We don't have any offensive tackles either, but Hart is a popular name on here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 08:45 PM)jason Wrote: We don't have any offensive tackles either, but Hart is a popular name on here.

Olinemen can move around. What are we going to do at LB put DB’s there?

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Olinemen can move around. What are we going to do at LB put DB’s there?

That may be true, in theory.  But, on teams that want to win and compete, they generally play the positions that they were cut out for.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 07:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: According to PFF. Not to mention, it took him 3.5 years, a contract year, and facing a lot of bad offenses to finally be not awful.

Since Brown was cut, the Bengals have played the...
24th (Raiders)
25th (Steelers)
28th (Jets)
22nd (Browns)
6th (Patriots)
25th (Dolphins)
...scoring offenses.

I think I would bank more on the 3.5 years of tape we have on Vigil than 6 weeks against 5 bad offenses when it comes to giving him money.
Nah I think he’s been a lot better in part due to less zone coverage. He’s played much better, and he’s much more instinctual this yesr
Reply/Quote

Top 10 in what, tackles?

He has sucked the last 2 weeks, especially against the Dolphins, where he graded in the 30s.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick isn't even making top 15 corner money and has been playing as well as alot of the guys that are...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 01:02 AM)Synric Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick isn't even making top 15 corner money and has been playing as well as alot of the guys that are...

1 Int in the last 3 years. We need some playmakers out there.

No idea what the numbers are, but it also seems like he takes a disproportionate amount of penalties to WJ3 and our other CB’s.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1 Int in the last 3 years. We need some playmakers out there.

No idea what the numbers are, but it also seems like he takes a disproportionate amount of penalties to WJ3 and our other CB’s.

His penalties are league average for corner and he is the best corner on the team limiting big plays. The INTs arent there but he is still a good corner. 

Edit: Dre's biggest issue isnt even coverage its shedding blockers and making tackles on the edge against the run and outside screens.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote