Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What say you who give up on rookies and call them a bust?
(05-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why not receptions?  Why not TD's? 

Of the 55 WRs drafted in the second round since 2008 when we took Simpson he ranks 20th in yards, 22nd in receptions, 22nd in yards per catch, and 25th in tds.

Still in the top half of all major stats.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on, we know you are out there busting on rookies. Some have said Jordan was horrible, but did they realize he was a 20 year old rookie playing against 30 year old men in the NFL?

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-guard-michael-jordan-looks-to-be-a-force-in-the-making?fbclid=IwAR3iROwBfbc27dgAKbiZysrUew9twth6yLLMY1DNvGSkltYqt6mdV6w-aTA

Nice article on the now only 21 year old OL for the Bengals. Let's see how he progresses in 2020. He is also a local young man and fan.

Nice article, it would be a major boost to this team if this guy can come around and be a solid Guard for us. I think XSF plays
the LG position much better than the RG position so I think a switch for Jordan to RG is predictable. Jordan is versatile so this
is not out of question at all. Still want us to either add another OT or Guard for insurance though. 

This is the main concern I have going forward is the interior OL and the OL as a whole.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 06:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Buddy, I AM the ninja.

Ninja please...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 06:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and why it scares me to death Jonah Williams did not play in 2019 so we have no idea if he can handle the NFL. I am an optimist, but scary.

Good point. I have this concern as well, and until now haven't seen anybody point this out. 
Reply/Quote
One thing that worries me is that maybe the OL didn't so much "improve" late last season, so much as we were doing different things than what we had put on tape early in the season. Maybe we just started catching other teams off guard. I'm just not convinced we're going to pick up where we left off and not revert to suckitude up front.

But who knows. There are so many unknowns going into this year it's impossible to predict.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't break down film or grade individual players.  From just watching the games the run blocking obviously got a lot better, but that was the whole line and due to a change in scheme.  I didn't really see any improvement in pass blocking except when Glenn returned.  even then Glenn did not look that good.  Just better than Dre and Jerry who I predict have both played their last games in the NFL

Thanks for the response Fred
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote