Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the
I’ll admit, I don’t follow this stuff as close to some. But from past history, have the bengals ever done this? I know this is all theory and what ifs. But seriously??

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-trade-back-no-2-133603162.html
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:24 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’ll admit, I don’t follow this stuff as close to some.  But from past history, have the bengals ever done this?  I know this is all theory and what ifs. But seriously??

Yeah, this is strange. I don't think we are seeing a team trade away the 2nd for the 28th for anything less than Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
No player is worth giving all that up for unless it is a QB, which we already have. This is stupid.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just someone trying to be creative with the draft. No way the Bengals would do something like this. I wish we were at the point of just needing one impact player. But I think by the time the draft rolls around we will need several positions.
Reply/Quote
I don't even think of the draft when the playoffs are afoot!
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The thing that sticks out to me is the value of Tee Higgins in this trade is around a top 10 pick.

I've seen a couple people talk about this mock and each went opposite ways on Tee's value. One said the Bengals would need to work in a future first to offset value. The other said the Bengals gave up too much and didnt need to give up the second round pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I mean, i could see us trading Higgins for a good draft pick, but there's no way we give up him AND all those draft picks unless there's a generational talent at #2 but at a position we could use one at .
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
That doesn't sound anywhere in the galaxy of a Bengals move. Highly doubt it
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I mean, i could see us trading Higgins for a good draft pick, but there's no way we give up him AND all those draft picks unless there's a generational talent at #2 but at a position we could use one at .

In this hypothetical scenario, the Bengals could always leverage that #2 pick for a ton of draft capital on, or leading up to draft night.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That is a ridiculous trade

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Will Anderson looks like a game breaking edge defender but both Trey and Will would play the right side...

Lol add possibly trading Trey Hendrickson for a couple first round picks to this scenario and the Bengals would come out looking like geniuses.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Nope not happening... Would take several more 1st round picks to move that far up.
Reply/Quote
That sounds like nothing the Bengals would do, guy must be a Bears fan.
Reply/Quote
When did Forrest Gump become the Bears GM?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:24 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’ll admit, I don’t follow this stuff as close to some.  But from past history, have the bengals ever done this?  I know this is all theory and what ifs. But seriously??

The Bears are at #2 and don't need a QB. A half game away from #1, and the Texans have been very competitive 3 weeks in a row (Cowboys, OT loss to Chiefs, W vs Titans). They are gonna be entertaining all types of trade back scenarios and their media will make up senseless stuff.
Reply/Quote
I saw that and it's stupid.

We'll want picks to build around Burrow and the defense, so no way we give up that much, especially for a defender.

I see why they think we'll trade Higgins because he's a free agent after next year, so he'll want a new contract this year and so will Burrow, so they think we'll trade Higgins instead of giving both extensions, but I don't think we trade Higgins.
Reply/Quote
#1 WRs like Higgins have been going for 2-3 1st round picks and getting massive contract to boot. Even Madden wouldn't agree to this dumb ass trade. Might trade Higgins straight up for the #2 pick, then trade back and turn into several picks and draft a top WR + others.

This would be an idiot trade as is for the Bengals. Was this written by a Bears fan?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 10:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: #1 WRs like Higgins have been going for 2-3 1st round picks and getting massive contract to boot.  Even Madden wouldn't agree to this dumb ass trade.  Might trade Higgins straight up for the #2 pick, then trade back and turn into several picks and draft a top WR + others.

This would be an idiot trade as is for the Bengals.  Was this written by a Bears fan?

yeah written by a bears fan. (their version of CincyJungle)

But never address why the hell bengals would want to move to 2 overall
Reply/Quote