Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What things must happen for a victory tonight?
First and foremost nugent has got to make kicks.
Tackle tackle tackle
Our secondary needs to step up and keep Beckham in check. I'm talking to you Shawn Williams.
We can't abandon the run. It's seems when we got it working we just stop and go straight to passing the ball.

Gio needs to touch the ball atleast 20 times tonight he's deadly coming out of the backfield with those short swing passes as he can create big time.

Our o-line had to give dalton time bodine has been playing better but we really need og to step it up tonight for us to get the W.

Dalton needs to not try and make something out of nothing. Either take the sack or throw it away. No more shovel passes they are a turnover waiting to happen.

Lastly, eifert has to show up big, as well as lafell. Widest was great against the skins but we needs him and lafell to make some big plays tonight if we want to win.

What am I missing, or what do you feel needs to happen
Reply/Quote
This team needs to play disciplined enough to not have the refs determine the outcome of the game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1) Giants don't show up

or

2) Defensive line dominates the game and I mean DOMINATE THE WHOLE GAME.
3) No turnovers
4) Ball control. This means they can run effectively and pass. None of this one run of 60 yards and 16 runs for 12 yards crap.
5) Protect Dalton. He can pick apart any defense if he has some time.
6) Make Beckham a non-factor. Double him if you have too (they do). Giants run game is bad but so is the Bengals run defense.
Reply/Quote
Uh, we need to score more points than they do???
Reply/Quote
Bengals D-line must put the heat on Manning. Eli will turn it over if we can get after him.

Bengals must run the ball effectively. This not only keeps Beckham off of the field but also takes some pressure off of Dalton.

Dalton must make plays under pressure, because pressure WILL be coming.
Reply/Quote
Beckham gets in another fight with the kicking net and breaks his hand before the game!
Reply/Quote
ive lost trust in our defense... So Dalton Green and Eifert... Points... Points... Points... is the name of the game,
Reply/Quote
AJ Green plays like the best WR in football......and we get the ball to the best WR in football.
Reply/Quote
Your username x 15.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Defense needs to force turnovers.  They may not be the shutdown D that we wanted.  They may not be capable of playing press man the whole game or shutting out the Giants' top two or three weapons down.  That's not ideal, but that's perfectly ok so long as they force turnovers and hold in the redzone.
Reply/Quote
Nugent misses anything inside of 40 yards, that should be the last straw.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, we need to score more points than they do???

beat me to it  Wink

stop Beckham and we win in my opinion.   

If we let Beckham run riot for like 10 catches and a couple of TD's then I'm gonna lose it.  He's the only major worry i have as we can only hope to contain him with scheme and game plan...no one person can do it.

Saw some clips from the Eagles game and the space they left between LB and safeties he just ate up and their tackling/angles was poor...that right there scares the sh*t out of me based on what we have seen from our D this year
Reply/Quote
Glass needs to show up, and show up big.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
To my mind, we win this with the Defence. If they don't turn up, we aren't gunna win this one.

NYG are a decent team, and look good with the ball. Got a good group of WRs. Run game I would hope we can contain as it isn't a great one.

Their defence is good, but I always like our offense's chances against anybody. O-Line aside. If those guys suck, it'll be a long night.

I don't favour us to win, but it's a good matchup to have on primetime. We have the talent to beat these guys, they have the talent to beat us. Fortunately with the way other games are going, I'm not sure this is YET a must win... it is close though. Lose tonight and we probably have to sweep the Ravens. I think in reality though, we really have to win here, not many teams gunna make it in from 3-5-1.
Reply/Quote
We need to turn into the 2006 Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 07:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nugent misses anything inside of 40 yards, that should be the last straw.

With him I think we passed the last straw about three camels ago.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Win the Trenches and look like we know what we are doing on ST.
Reply/Quote
One good thing that could happen is that the organization sees that we need to spend some high draft choices on linebackers.
Reply/Quote
We need to have great clock management and when in the red zone... put it in the end zone. We also need to take Beckham out of the game even if that means tripling him occasionally on big downs.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, we need to score more points than they do???

Beat me to it Hilarious
Reply/Quote