Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What things must happen for a victory tonight?
In simplest terms, everything has to go right for us and wrong for the Giants. That's a lot to ask.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 01:49 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: First and foremost nugent has got to make kicks.
Tackle tackle tackle
Our secondary needs to step up and keep Beckham in check. I'm talking to you Shawn Williams.
We can't abandon the run. It's seems when we got it working we just stop and go straight to passing the ball.

Gio needs to touch the ball atleast 20 times tonight he's deadly coming out of the backfield with those short swing passes as he can create big time.

Our o-line had to give dalton time bodine has been playing better but we really need og to step it up tonight for us to get the W.

Dalton needs to not try and make something out of nothing. Either take the sack or throw it away. No more shovel passes they are a turnover waiting to happen.

Lastly, eifert has to show up big, as well as lafell. Widest was great against the skins but we needs him and lafell to make some big plays tonight if we want to win.

What am I missing, or what do you feel needs to happen

There's a lot of things that can be done that won't be done. One of those is Gio getting 20 touches. I like Gio, but not at 20 touches a game. Let Hill do the pounding and Gio do the sprinting.

Og isn't going to suddenly be a good OT just because we want him to be one. Dalton is going to have to get rid of the ball quickly and play calling and routing running will play a role in where he can go with it.

On running plays I'd call more counter-trays (old Redskins line blocking) and establish a power running game with Hill. I'd run right at JPP. Wear him down early and set the tone that we can and will run the ball.

On defense, I'd be doubling hairdo guy and make the rest of their receivers beat us in man coverage.

I would show a base nickle look with a single blitzer coming from random locations or on running downs mix in the occasional run blitz. I wouldn't show blitz much, if at all. Make Manning wonder if one will come or not and from where while never showing one from the defensive alignment. In fact, on the first defensive play, I'd blitz a safety or corner out of the nickle spot. Just to set the tone.

The coordinators need to keep Marvin from feeling we needs to play conservatively if we have a lead going into the 4th quarter. They need to be aggressive with the lead, should they get one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, we need to score more points than they do???
I share your interest in advanced analytics.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Players just need to do their job and nothing less.

Reply/Quote
A complete different team needs to show up, the first half one stunk.
Reply/Quote