Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with Pick #6?
With the famous dead cat bounce likely to save Zac and his coaching staff, the Bengals are likely going to pick around 6th. The meaningless win against the Texans vaulted three teams above the Bengals, including several with offensive line needs. So, what do you think the team does? Might Kyle Pitts be attractive in this slot?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
LB or trade back if worth it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There will be a lot happen between now and end of April, hard to say at this point.
Reply/Quote
Chase or Pitts

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Chase
Darrisaw
Pitts
Slater
Waddle
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
My gut tells me Burrow is reunited with Chase.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals miss out on Sewell? Then they need to address the defense. Gregory Rousseau or Patrick Surtain II would be a great addition to the defense. Given the amount of money tied up in the secondary, I'd put my money on Surtain. Having a new star on a rookie contract would allow them to let WJ3 to test the market.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hardly ever see love for Micah Parsons on this board..... do we really think we are set at LB?

Kyle Pitts is intriguing... but our coaching staff doesn't seem to value TE's and if we get him does he block well?

I wouldn't mind Surtain but only if we can retain our secondary... I find it annoying you have good players and just draft their replacement. I want to get better not just replace a good player for a cheaper contract.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:09 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Hardly ever see love for Micah Parsons on this board..... do we really think we are set at LB?

No shot, bucko. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:09 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Kyle Pitts is intriguing... but our coaching staff doesn't seem to value TE's and if we get him does he block well?

It's much easier to value a game changing TE, if you have one. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chase or Pitts

This.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No shot, bucko. 

Definitely not set, but Wilson and Pratt look like the future at LB. I’d be shocked if they took one in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's much easier to value a game changing TE, if you have one. 

Yep. Pitts would quickly become a favorite target for Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Pitts would quickly become a favorite target for Burrow.

He certainly didn't have any trouble using Moss. If guys get open and catch the ball, QBs throw to them.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely not set, but Wilson and Pratt look like the future at LB. I’d be shocked if they took one in the 1st.

I'm not sold on Pratt.... but yea I can see it not being a huge need for this team.  

Our offense with Burrow and couple without we have put up 6 games of 25+ points that should be enough to win most games in the NFL.  Usually I'm an offense guy but really feel like defense is optimal. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely not set, but Wilson and Pratt look like the future at LB. I’d be shocked if they took one in the 1st.

I wouldn't be shocked...but def surprised. 

Those two looked good but they could really use another. I don't want one in the 1st though. 

But...Micah Parsons looks like a real disruptor with a nose for the ball and some serious speed. 

EDIT: He's starting to look like a guy that could fix a couple problems on D; run stopper and pressure up the middle on blitzes.

Reply/Quote
Finally get an impact LB , stop run happy AFC...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked...but def surprised. 

Those two looked good but they could really use another. I don't want one in the 1st though. 

But...Micah Parsons looks like a real disruptor with a nose for the ball and some serious speed. 

EDIT: He's starting to look like a guy that could fix a couple problems on D; run stopper and pressure up the middle on blitzes.

He's got end to end speed.... some are calling him the best LB to come out since Luke Kuechly. 

Personally I'd take him.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:28 PM)QueenCity Wrote: He's got end to end speed.... some are calling him the best LB to come out since Luke Kuechly. 

Personally I'd take him.

I'm starting to really like the idea.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm starting to really like the idea.

Yes finally a franchise LB..
Reply/Quote