Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with sandbox sand
If you have a sandbox for your kids or grand kids, you have the problem of getting rid of 250lbs of sand every year since is really unhealthy to keep it over the winter. So, what do you do with that sand?

1. I fill all the crawdad holes that pop up around the lake. If those holes are left, they can become a problem and the sand works well.
2. If you happen to have a couple of unused 5 gallon buckets, you can mix salt and sand together and use it during the winter on your driveway.
3. You could put it in strong bags and take it to the dump, but that's boring.
4. If you have low spots in your yard and your yard is flat or level, you can use that sand to level it out.

What are some of your ideas?
Reply/Quote
Easiest way to disburse of it is to scatter it in the yard. Very easy, just grab a shovel and start flinging. Rain will blend it in with the soil, or wash away to a low spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sprinkle it liberally in the wife's underwear drawer. It's like she gets to have Summer all year long ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This convinced me not to let my kid have a sandbox.
Reply/Quote
Send it to Mike Brown so he can bury his head in it.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2017, 06:59 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If you have a sandbox for your kids or grand kids, you have the problem of getting rid of 250lbs of sand every year since is really unhealthy to keep it over the winter. So, what do you do with that sand?

1. I fill all the crawdad holes that pop up around the lake. If those holes are left, they can become a problem and the sand works well.
2. If you happen to have a couple of unused 5 gallon buckets, you can mix salt and sand together and use it during the winter on your driveway.
3. You could put it in strong bags and take it to the dump, but that's boring.
4. If you have low spots in your yard and your yard is flat or level, you can use that sand to level it out.

What are some of your ideas?

Never heard that before.  Having never had a sand box, I would have had no clue!

A few ideas for disposal:

First, if you have an ornamental pond, you could use it to make your own sand bed filter.

If you have any concrete projects coming up, dry it out and use it in your concrete mix.

Use it to make your own soil mix for gardens or potted plants.
Reply/Quote
After pulling out the cat turds and leaving them on my neighbor's porch in a burning bag, I put the sand in little sammich bags and sell to local heroine addicts as "the good stuff".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: After pulling out the cat turds and leaving them on my neighbor's porch in a burning bag, I put the sand in little sammich bags and sell to local heroine addicts as "the good stuff".

You, sir, are a sick, sick man.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Why don't they change out the sand on the beach every year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why don't they change out the sand on the beach every year?

The seawater washes all of the kids' urine off?
Reply/Quote
Flush it down the toilet. You're welcome.

C.H.U.D. really love it too.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I amend my soil beds with it. Fortunately, I don't have 250 lbs to work with.
Reply/Quote